Flow Pro C-XFR Opinions

Old November 26th 04, 12:54 PM
sburrill

Default Flow Pro C-XFR Opinions

I am looking for any opinions on Flow bindings in the
freeride/all-mountain crowd.
I have been riding for 10 years or so...the majority of which was on
alpine boards. I made the switch to soft boots/freestyle board two
years ago. Right now I am riding a 167 Burton Republik with Burton
C16 bindings and Salomon Malamute boots. This is as stiff a setup I
could find in Burton's offerings and it rips.
I can carve almost as proficiently as I ever did on an alpine board
but have a couple of problems. The bindings @!#! kill my
calfs/achilles. The front foot riser plate always digs into my calf
(soleus muscle) and throughout the season (30-40 days) I develop
chronic pain there.

I have heard these Flow bindings provide more support/control over the
board with less pressure points on the feet/legs. Is this true? I
heard the major complaint about Flows is they are too stiff--a plus in
my book.

Any opinions on high-end Flow models are appreciated, especially the
"pro" models.

Thanks.
Old December 2nd 04, 09:59 PM
Hammer

I have used the flow pro modell top last seasen and its great, best ever.
Have it together with Flow revolution shoes and Hammer psm 158. The shoes
are stiff and that is importent together with this binding or you will kill
your leggs. Most of my driving if off piste, 40-50 days, you has to try this
set up, its great. Good luck
"sburrill" skrev i melding
om...

Old December 3rd 04, 08:08 PM
Jason Medeiros

oh- reminds me- i tried to FR-11 last wknd in lots of powder and once i got
them dialed, i enjoyed the ride. they are 'ok' in my opinion. very stiff,
responsive and they hurt my shins a little bit. i was using them w the
burton Ion boot on a ride timeless 64.

the toughest thing about the flows is getting in. if i'm positioned on
steep terrain and need to get in while seated on my ass, it's nearly
impossible. this is dangerous, for sure. i think the bindings would be
good for beg/int/adv riders on relatively tame terrain and in resort only.
take them to snowbird for the steep and deep and you're asking for trouble.

imho/ymmv

--

jmed

Old January 3rd 05, 01:30 AM

I have a set of Flow C-FR's and I have to tell you, they are AWESOME!
I'm riding them with a pair of Soloman F-22's (A bit soft) but VERY
comfortable on a Forum f10 165 and a Burton Canyon 163 . I had used
traditional bindings for a couple years (Drake) then switched to set
of K2 Highback Pros...these make those bindings feel slow. Extremely
fast in and out, extremely fast toe to heel and truly amazing support
in all situations. In my opinion, a must have for any serious rider
(but for the price).