British Columbia and Washington

Old March 20th 06, 01:17 PM

Default British Columbia and Washington

Hi,

I am going to spend some time (April 22nd - May 13th) in BC and
Washington. I would like to do some back country skiing during that time.
I'd prefer peaks/tours that can be reached from the car within less than 6
hours. Does anyone have some recommendations and hints?

Best regards,
Alex

Dr. Alexander Rauscher
Core Unit MR-Methods / Medical Physics Group
IDIR
Friedrich Schiller University Jena
MRI Building, Philosophenweg 3
D-07740 Jena/ Germany
tel.: +49 3641 935365
e-mail:
Home Page:
http://www.med.uni-jena.de/idir/medphys/
Old March 20th 06, 11:06 PM

Alexander Rauscher wrote:
Hi,

I am going to spend some time (April 22nd - May 13th) in BC and
Washington. I would like to do some back country skiing during that time.
I'd prefer peaks/tours that can be reached from the car within less than 6
hours. Does anyone have some recommendations and hints?

Best regards,
Alex

Rogers Pass, near Revelstoke in British Columbia, is always a good
place to start. There is a Best Western Hotel at the pass.

Kootenay Pass also has some excellent touring but the nearest hotel is
30 to 45 minutes away.

Then of course there is the Banff/Lake Louise are...

The option are endless.

Armin

Old March 20th 06, 11:06 PM

Alexander Rauscher wrote:
Hi,

I am going to spend some time (April 22nd - May 13th) in BC and
Washington. I would like to do some back country skiing during that time.
I'd prefer peaks/tours that can be reached from the car within less than 6
hours. Does anyone have some recommendations and hints?

Best regards,
Alex

Rogers Pass, near Revelstoke in British Columbia, is always a good
place to start. There is a Best Western Hotel at the pass.

Kootenay Pass also has some excellent touring but the nearest hotel is
30 to 45 minutes away.

Then of course there is the Banff/Lake Louise are...

The options are endless.

Armin

Old March 21st 06, 12:35 AM

Check avalanche conditions:

http://www.avalanche.ca/
http://www.nwac.noaa.gov/

We saw some spectacular slides skiing in the Canadian Rockies a few
weeks ago.

Edgar