Latest pictures from the BLM building site (Lauterbrunnen-Grütschalp cablecar)

Old November 16th 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Jerseybean

Default Latest pictures from the BLM building site (Lauterbrunnen-Grütschalp cablecar)

http://w3.jungfraubahn.ch/galleries/BLM_061113

View the other pictures from -

http://www.jungfraubahn.ch/en/Deskto...435_read-6263/

Old November 16th 06, 07:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Adrian D. Shaw

Felly sgrifennodd Jerseybean :

http://w3.jungfraubahn.ch/galleries/BLM_061113

Is it going to be finished on time for the start of the season, which I
guess must be about a month away now? Not that it matters to me; this
season will be our first not skiing in that area for 7 or 8 years! But
doubtless we'll be back next year.

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
Old November 16th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Jerseybean

Adrian D. Shaw wrote:
Felly sgrifennodd Jerseybean :

http://w3.jungfraubahn.ch/galleries/BLM_061113

Is it going to be finished on time for the start of the season, which I
guess must be about a month away now? Not that it matters to me; this
season will be our first not skiing in that area for 7 or 8 years! But
doubtless we'll be back next year.

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
http://users.aber.ac.uk/ais/weather/ uk

They will be opening it on the 12th December 06.

I have been visiting Murren for over 30 years now and ony missed 1
skiing season completely last season while my wife and i had our first
baby 'Ella' who is now 10 months old and we cant wait to take her next
year

Old January 9th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Adrian D. Shaw

Adrian D. Shaw wrote:
Felly sgrifennodd Jerseybean :

http://w3.jungfraubahn.ch/galleries/BLM_061113

Is it going to be finished on time for the start of the season, which I
guess must be about a month away now? Not that it matters to me; this
season will be our first not skiing in that area for 7 or 8 years! But
doubtless we'll be back next year.

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
http://users.aber.ac.uk/ais/weather/ uk

They will be opening it on the 12th December 06.

Well, I took a trip out to Muerren especially to go for a ride on it on
27th December, and can confirm that it is running! It's not quite got
the romance of the old funicular, but it is quick (just over 3 minutes
by my watch).

I didn't realise from looking at the pictures, but it is only a single
cable car. That's probably not surprising, as it has to fit in with the
train times anyway, and a single is ample to keep up with the trains.

The snow wasn't up to much though... best snow that week was in Airolo
(though half of that was closed due to a lift defect) and Andermatt
(Gemsstock), but Klewenalp was holding up remarkably well for its
altitude, especially the Chalen piste, which gets little sun.

And talking of new lifts, Emmetten-Stockhuette (Klewenalp area) is to
get a new gondola this summer, I'm told. The old one really feels its
age; you have to be manually locked in and let out.

Adrian
Old January 11th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Jerseybean

[...]

I totally agree, it hasnt got the romance that the old funicular had
but im afraid times change and not always for the better. Did you ski
Birg and try out the new 4 seater Riggli chairlift, it makes a
refreshing change to the old t-bar...lol

Old January 12th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Adrian D. Shaw

Felly sgrifennodd Jerseybean :
I totally agree, it hasnt got the romance that the old funicular had
but im afraid times change and not always for the better. Did you ski
Birg and try out the new 4 seater Riggli chairlift, it makes a
refreshing change to the old t-bar...lol

No, I didn't bother to go up to Birg. I could see the new chair up there
though, from around the Schiltgrad area. That chair is obviously long
overdue, that was a horrible T bar. I'm sure it used to put off a lot of
people from going up there.

Adrian
Old January 12th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Jerseybean

No, I didn't bother to go up to Birg. I could see the new chair up there
though, from around the Schiltgrad area. That chair is obviously long
overdue, that was a horrible T bar. I'm sure it used to put off a lot of
people from going up there.

Adrian
--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
http://users.aber.ac.uk/ais/weather/ uk

All Murren needs aswell as the Alps is snow snow and lower temps !!