Skiing

Old October 27th 03, 02:09 AM

Default Skiing

Frankly I've made no inquiries with regards to "why it's named the way it's
named".
but I did find the faq somewhat interesting. For instance, I was unaware of
hostilities between snowboarders and skiers. My kids both ski and board.

I ski and I'm f'n sick with it. why would I switch to a board and have to
ride the green run on my ass at $60.00 a day when I can ski the chutes,
steeps, and bumps? When my playground is at Headwall, or the Rock Garden on
KT (Thats a rush worth the money!) Do I switch to a board in-order to
click with the tomtom's? **** that! I ain't no poser. You don't like me?
You don't like me! Who gives a ****.

Old October 27th 03, 04:19 AM
4matic

I skied for years before taking up boarding and missed a few good days to
learn the sport. It was well worth it.

This year I'm determined to take up skate skiing.

Variety is the spice of life!

Old October 30th 03, 05:46 AM

Mostly North Shore @ Tahoe. I love Squaw Valley. The last few years has
seen some rain at the lower elevations (6-7,000 ft.). when yrs. ago it
would normally snow.
It's depressing to drive around the lake in mid Jan. and there is no snow
near the road.
Mt. Rose is like 9,800' so when most others are getting rain, they still get
a few inches of powder +/-

Only been to Kirkwood once. No real complaints, 'cept the parking. Squaw
is still my favorite. You can ski hard all day... at night 20 bucks gets
you 5 more hours on the 'long but lame' mountain run.

Used to get snow by thanksgiving about 30 yrs ago. Thats only 3 weeks!
Could it happen this year?????

Cya there...

Old October 30th 03, 02:42 PM
og

I have a buddy on North Shore this year so I'll be at Squaw at least 10 days
this year. Kirkwood has high elevation and superior snow to the rest of the
region;
parking is only a problem on the weekend and then there are ways around it.

I have skied on Thanksgiving day many times in the last ten years. One time
to deep pow. It can still happen.
Global warming is still an unproven theory. What's good about warmer
weather is we get more moisture and more snow. When it is really cold, like
the 2000-01 season, you don't get as much snow and lots more rocks. I broke
several boards that year..

The weather pattern has turned so cross your fingers!

Old October 30th 03, 02:54 PM
Mike T

Global warming is still an unproven theory. What's good about warmer
weather is we get more moisture and more snow. When it is really

cold, like
the 2000-01 season, you don't get as much snow and lots more rocks. I

broke
several boards that year..

The weather pattern has turned so cross your fingers!

Temps have dropped abut 30 - 40 *F in the past couple of days in the
Portland / Mt Hood area! Hopefully we all get more snow than last
year. It seems that for the past several years, when Tahoe and the NW
get a lot of snow in spring, they have a great early season the next
year, and when spring is dry, so is the early season next year... let's
hope that pattern holds up!!! (fingers crossed)

As for global warming - there are always two components to consider, the
natural and the human-influenced. I believe that both are at work...
it just ****es me off that the media consistently fails to mention that
the earth is at the tail end of an ice age, and would likely be warming
slightly at this time whether humans were her or not. I personally
think humans are adding to it... Just be glad we're alive now and not
100 million years ago, evidence points to it having been quite a bit
warmer in the dinosaur days than it is now!

Mike T

Old October 30th 03, 05:25 PM
Jason Watkins

wrote

What the hell dude.

When you were in university did you walk into a biology lecture, ask
the prof why there was so little physics content, get ****ed at him
for pointing out it's a biology lecture and then talk about what a
badass you are at solving Maxwell's field equations and how you'd
never liked biology much?

You're pure comedy man, keep it up.
Old October 31st 03, 01:45 AM

wrote

Uh no, Bluzeslider didn't write this

What the hell dude.

Is that a question you're asking me, genious?

"When you were in university "

When I was in university?? That sounds retarded, but I guess I should
consider the source. Did you learn your grammer at a university?

did you walk into a biology lecture, ask
the prof why there was so little physics content, get ****ed at him
for pointing out it's a biology lecture and then talk about what a
badass you are at solving Maxwell's field equations and how you'd
never liked biology much?

Why would I do that?

You're pure comedy man,

yeah man, I'm pure comedy. Tell me oh great ignoble one, why did you post
on this thread. Is your life so messed up that it necessitates finding
fault in other people? Dude, if you put all your wasted energy into
something meaningfull you might someday make something of yourself. As it
is now you are no different than the disillusioned wino suffering from
turrets syndrome. Your words are crap.

Pure comedy? Thank-you! And you are?

Jason, reply to this post only if your sex change surgery was'nt
successful. Moron.

....Pure Comedy Dude

Old October 31st 03, 10:30 AM
Barney

wrote in message
. ..
wrote

When I was in university?? That sounds retarded, but I guess I should
consider the source. Did you learn your grammer at a university?

And

Jason, reply to this post only if your sex change surgery was'nt
successful. Moron.

Aah, I love it when that happens. You criticise someone's grammar, and then
get it wrong yourself.

Anyway, as you were. On with the pointless flamewar. But don't worry, the
snow will be here soon.

Old November 1st 03, 03:03 AM

Aah, I love it when that happens. You criticise someone's grammar, and
then
get it wrong yourself.

No I would not "criticise" but I've been known to "criticize"
Do you love it as well when you err as well?

I make no claims to any college education. Ain't majored in english
neither, nope! Just a simple country boy trying to get through life without
having to deal with to many superior intellectual beings such as yourself
who feel the need to correct others in-order to feel better 'bout
themselves. Hey, if it helps you out, you can be better than me for a few
days ok?! Thanks for letting me know "I got it wrong myself" Maybe I will
figure out what I ****ed up and will have learned something. I doubt it
though, I still don't give a rats ass.

And why is this all underlined. You tell me you're the one with the degree!

Anyway, as you were. On with the pointless flamewar. But don't worry, the
snow will be here soon.

Ahh yes, the pointless flamewar. The one you could not resist. The
pointless **** you dove head first into. Yeah, you've certainly told me a
thing or two.

"As you were?" No, as you were! I got the hell out in '79 Sir.

hey what happened to the underline? This is much better sir.

The snow IS here. I'll stop responding to your posts if you stop posting to
my responce.

....Pure Comedy Man

Questions from a new skiing family Rich Heimlich General 11 March 2nd 04 03:46 PM
skiing "bible"? angharad General 1 February 19th 04 10:39 AM
Skiing photos [email protected] General 0 January 29th 04 07:58 AM
Can you recommend a nice cross-country skiing place not far from NYC alex General 0 December 10th 03 04:59 PM
November Skiing conditions at Vail Jonna General 0 November 19th 03 04:32 PM