rollerskiing with a "Chariot"

Old May 19th 13, 04:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
runcyclexcski

Default rollerskiing with a "Chariot"

Can you rollerski-skate (or double-pole) pulling a Chariot with a being inside? How much weight can you pull before the skating technique falls apart? Can you get bad habits from skating with one? How are uphills/downhils? Any comments would be appreciated.
Old May 19th 13, 06:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Sat, 18 May 2013 21:33:35 -0700 (PDT)
runcyclexcski wrote:

Can you rollerski-skate (or double-pole) pulling a Chariot with a
being inside? How much weight can you pull before the skating
technique falls apart? Can you get bad habits from skating with one?
How are uphills/downhils? Any comments would be appreciated.

In the Twin Cities, I'd see rollerski skaters pulling a child carrier
on long upgrades.

Gene

Old May 20th 13, 06:41 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Sun, 19 May 2013 11:27:31 -0700 (PDT)
runcyclexcski wrote:

See a lot of "wobble" back and forth? I would love hearing from those
folks.

I doubt that they watch this group. I think they were using same pulks
as on snow, just with wheels. I didn't see anything of note, and I'm
observant, but then I didn't have the waist belt wrapped around me.

Gene
Old May 20th 13, 11:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
David L. Webb

In article ,
runcyclexcski wrote:

Can you rollerski-skate (or double-pole) pulling a Chariot with a being
inside? How much weight can you pull before the skating technique falls
apart? Can you get bad habits from skating with one? How are
uphills/downhils? Any comments would be appreciated.

There was a video years ago of Bill Koch rollerskating (on inline
skates with skate-length poles) up a steep hill towing his then-teenage
daughter on a bike behind him; he could then take advantage of her
brakes on the descent by hanging onto the bike on the downhill.
Old November 17th 13, 07:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
rwintski

On Sunday, May 19, 2013 12:33:35 AM UTC-4, runcyclexcski wrote:
Can you rollerski-skate (or double-pole) pulling a Chariot with a being inside? How much weight can you pull before the skating technique falls apart? Can you get bad habits from skating with one? How are uphills/downhils? Any comments would be appreciated.

I have rollerskied numerous times pulling my then 30-40 pound son in a double child chariot- skating works very well. I wouldn't really have wanted to go up or down to big/steep/ or long hills... but in gently rolling terrain, it worked great! Good luck and have fun! (pump up the tires nice and firm!)