Moguls

Old October 2nd 03, 08:23 PM
Chester Bullock

Default Moguls

Sam Seiber wrote:

Crashj wrote:

They're also called "bumps".

I was once asked quite seriously why "we" built the darned things
right in the middle of the best slopes?

Cuz they are fun? Hell, I am not that great of a skier, but
I generally enjoy the bumps. I am eager to see what the
new twigs do in the bumps this year.

Sam "About 2 weeks to first turns at Loveland" Seiber

I find them to be most enjoyable when they are underneath about 24" of
fresh powder. Haven't had a day like that since I worked at Copper...

--
Chester Bullock,
Ethical, custom website hosting, design and programming

Old October 2nd 03, 08:42 PM
Sue

In message , Chester
Bullock writes

What exactly are moguls?

Reminds me of the famous tourist question: "What do you do with the
moguls in the summer?"

Some friendly pistebumps told me they'd be working as waves at a surfing
resort over the summer. Their rhythm wasn't terribly good and they
weren't very large, so you can imagine what sort of waves they'd make -
though maybe they improve with experience.
--
Sue ];(
Old October 2nd 03, 09:01 PM
Let Mikey Ski It!

Crashj wrote:

I was once asked quite seriously why "we" built the darned things
right in the middle of the best slopes?

In Colorado, we just run the mogul making machine on the sides of runs:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Temp/DSCN3475.jpg

Mike..

--
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us
Carpe powder-diem
Old October 2nd 03, 09:17 PM
Chester Bullock

Let Mikey Ski It! wrote:

Crashj wrote:

I was once asked quite seriously why "we" built the darned things
right in the middle of the best slopes?

In Colorado, we just run the mogul making machine on the sides of runs:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Temp/DSCN3475.jpg

Mike..

Funny how Peak 10 always looks like that...

Old October 3rd 03, 12:11 AM
Jay Pique

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:01:54 -0600, "Let Mikey Ski It!"
wrote:

Crashj wrote:

I was once asked quite seriously why "we" built the darned things
right in the middle of the best slopes?

In Colorado, we just run the mogul making machine on the sides of runs:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Temp/DSCN3475.jpg

Mike..

YUMMMMMMMM! Mikey, you're killing me. At the end of last year they
had closed down the A-Lift runs at Copper, but we got 20" or so one
night so we'd poach it and shuttle back to the Super Bee. It was some
of the most fun I had all year. (I seem to say that about a lot of
days though.) Fresh tracks forEVER. It was really cool to really
zipper it one run, and then examine your tracks. It looked more like
the photo you have. Then the next run you'd switch up your technique
a bit to see what it looked like. The prettier ones were when you'd
sort of bank your turns more for a more pronounced curve on both
sides. And of course you could always tell where you biffed it - a
large divot usually preceded by a stretch of completely untouched snow
while you attempted something beyond your ability!!!

Ahhh...the reckless abandon afforded by bountiful snow!!!

JP
************************
A little overstimulated.

PS-I meant "cupping" as in cupping her breasts. As far as you know.
Old October 3rd 03, 02:04 AM
ant

Tim Sampson wrote:
Hi

What exactly are moguls?

Fun! Unless they're rock hard. Don't like those ones.

(bumps, lots of bumps).

ant

Old October 3rd 03, 03:24 AM
Crashj

Chester Bullock wrote in message ...
Crashj wrote:
Actually skiing the bumps can be done by relaxing the legs in torsion

Man, is that all it takes? Wow, I must be doing it wrong then...
That's almost like saying in golf all you need to do is hit the ball
straight towards the pin and all will be good.

Try and keep your head down, Chester. No, the other one.
Crashj'^/^\^/^\'Johnson

Some Observations Keith Snowboarding 24 February 26th 04 05:21 PM
Freeride board recommendations? msegal Snowboarding 12 February 18th 04 05:46 AM