No more jumps in RCR resorts, PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION EVERYONE !!!!

Old November 9th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
wizofoz777

Default No more jumps in RCR resorts, PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION EVERYONE !!!!

On 9 nov, 14:48, "Bob F" wrote:
"wizofoz777" wrote in message
Freestyle is aroung 80 % of snowboard
industry...

Really? It sure doesn't appear that way in my experience.

Bob

Really depends on the amount of snow... remember in Qc not much
snow...

Also... maybe safer landing in the pow but when someone get's hurt...
can take quite awile to get him out of there... In stations the patrol
can take care of that...

Old November 9th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bob F

"wizofoz777" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 9 nov, 14:48, "Bob F" wrote:
"wizofoz777" wrote in message
Freestyle is aroung 80 % of snowboard
industry...

Really? It sure doesn't appear that way in my experience.

Bob

Really depends on the amount of snow... remember in Qc not much
snow...

That could be a factor. Where I ride, boarders are all over the mountain.
Probably less than 1/5 in the park at any particular time.

Also... maybe safer landing in the pow but when someone get's hurt...
can take quite awile to get him out of there... In stations the patrol
can take care of that...

Only the first few jumpers get to land in the powder.

Bob

Old November 9th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
jw[_2_]

In article .com,
wizofoz777 wrote:

RCR Resorts just took a decision to remove every table top jumps from
their snowparks !!!! WHat the .... !!!!!!!!!

PLEAASSSSE TAKE TIME TO FILL PETITION AND SEND TO EVERYONE !!!
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SnowparkRCR

Done, er...finis!

To address concerns about appropriateness of table tops (Neil, et al.?
-- don't have time to reply to others right now):

I freeride and do natural hits 90 percent of the time. But used to spend
more time in the park, and still like to take a run through on occasion.
I only hit the tabletops, gaps, sometimes will slide on a box (no rails,
I care about my base too much). I don't do halfpipe.

So...let the kids and geezers alike have fun in the park. Having fun and
being creative are what it's all about, or at least a big part.

Look forward to seeing other replies. I'm sure there are a range of
opinions. I just don't think "banning" tabletops is a good move at all.
In fact it's terrible, IMO.

-jw
Old November 9th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Neil Gendzwill

jw wrote:

Look forward to seeing other replies. I'm sure there are a range of
opinions. I just don't think "banning" tabletops is a good move at all.
In fact it's terrible, IMO.

You might look at it differently if you were being sued constantly by
people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

Neil
Old November 10th 07, 01:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
jw[_2_]

In article ,
Neil Gendzwill wrote:

jw wrote:

Look forward to seeing other replies. I'm sure there are a range of
opinions. I just don't think "banning" tabletops is a good move at all.
In fact it's terrible, IMO.

You might look at it differently if you were being sued constantly by
people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

Neil

I understand there is that side of it, from a business standpoint. And I
do not condone it nor do I agree with it, of course. I am a business
man, myself. People are suing McDonalds for spilling hot coffee on
themsevles, and it's both amusing and pathetic.

-jw
Old November 13th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Neil Gendzwill

jw wrote:

You might look at it differently if you were being sued constantly by
people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

I understand there is that side of it, from a business standpoint.

That's the only side of it, from the business standpoint. Do you think
the resorts really want to plow under an attraction that draws
considerable business to their mountain, that they've spent a lot of
time and money developing? The only reason they'd be getting rid of
them is that they are at serious risk of losing their shirts in
lawsuits. I sincerely doubt it's from any concern for the kids' health.

Neil
Old November 14th 07, 11:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
jw[_2_]

In article ,
Neil Gendzwill wrote:

jw wrote:

You might look at it differently if you were being sued constantly by
people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

I understand there is that side of it, from a business standpoint.

That's the only side of it, from the business standpoint. Do you think
the resorts really want to plow under an attraction that draws
considerable business to their mountain, that they've spent a lot of
time and money developing? The only reason they'd be getting rid of
them is that they are at serious risk of losing their shirts in
lawsuits. I sincerely doubt it's from any concern for the kids' health.

I know, I'm not that naive. And that's part of the problem.
Lawsuit-happy individuals ruin everyone's fun. If they're that worried,
maybe they should have anyone who buys a lift ticket and plans to go
into the park sign a waiver. That would suck, too, but...

Anyway, it's funny, sort of. The U.S. is the big "sue or be sued"
country, and that's one of the reasons I'm embarrassed to be here at
times (but I'm proud of many other things). My ancestors came over to
New England in the mid-1600s, family has had professional geneologies
done. We're pilgrims and revolutionaries going way back!

But I digress. I really do hope the resorts in Canada keep the parks
intact. Apologies if I've missed some of the argument...I don't always
have time to keep up, but I did sign the petition.

-jw (site redesign in progress)
--
jw's new england surf vortex
http://the_urchin.home.comcast.net/index.html
Old January 4th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Sharkie

On Nov 9 2007, 5:35 pm, Neil Gendzwill wrote:
jw wrote:

Look forward to seeing other replies. I'm sure there are a range of
opinions. I just don't think "banning" tabletops is a good move at all.
In fact it's terrible, IMO.

You might look at it differently if you were being sued constantly by
people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

Neil

I thought skiing / boarding is a "do at your own risk" activity which
is usually clearly
stated on the lift tickets, and release forms when renting equipment.
No?
Old January 4th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
helibrdr

jw wrote:

Look forward to seeing other replies. I'm sure there are a range of
opinions. I just don't think "banning" tabletops is a good move at all.
In fact it's terrible, IMO.

You might look at it differently if you were being sued constantly by
people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

Neil

I thought skiing / boarding is a "do at your own risk" activity which
is usually clearly
stated on the lift tickets, and release forms when renting equipment.
No?

Not when there is a web site specifically discussing it!

http://www.injuryboard.com/topic/ski...liability.aspx

Old January 4th 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bob F

jw wrote:

Look forward to seeing other replies. I'm sure there are a range of
opinions. I just don't think "banning" tabletops is a good move at all.
In fact it's terrible, IMO.

You might look at it differently if you were being sued constantly by
people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

Neil

I thought skiing / boarding is a "do at your own risk" activity which
is usually clearly
stated on the lift tickets, and release forms when renting equipment.
No?

Apparently, someone won 12 million $ in a lawsuit for an accident at Snoqualmie
Pass. Stevens Pass this year is requireing you to pay $5 to watch a video and
sign your life away to get a card that allows you into the terrain park. When I
was there monday, there were VERY few people in the park.