K2 Chinch Binding

Old November 24th 04, 05:00 AM
toddjb

"Dmitry" wrote in message news:lcNod.138455$HA.65962@attbi_s01...

Nice idea, but the Mission highbacks are locked into place, so you can't
just kick them down.

You don't have to lock them, right? If I recall correctly you can
just leave the clamp hanging there and the highback will act just
like the regular "kickable" one

Depends on the model. The Mission Greeds last year with the Team Skyback
you would have to lock them...if you didn't, your forward lean adjustment
wouldn't stay set (stupid system). Hopefully they changed that this year.
I have another set of mission highbacks (normal height) that let's you
hard-set the forward lean. Still would probably leave it locked in as that
is a feature of the binding (allegedly) that has something to do with
performance...that's the marketing spin, i forget the details.

What I usually do on a low lift is just push my board out in front of
me as I get on or off the lift. When I snapped my highback last year
it was when I forgot to do this when getting off the lift.

-t
Old December 4th 04, 10:10 PM
Hammer

Hey why dont you just by the flow pro C-fxr http://www.flow.com/products/
Ihad this for more than a year and its great. Cost a lot but, its works
under every condition.

"Arvin Chang" skrev i melding
om...
"Saim Kim" wrote in message

Hey,

does anybody know the new K2 Binding called "Cinch"? It combines the
dropable Highback (like Flows) with a normal Ratched Straps! Is this the

end
of the philosophic "war" between straps and flows? It costs about 239

Euro
(considering the change rate should be about $300)

So if there is anybody with first hand experience with this binding, let

me
know!

Later,
Saim

Looks like strap version of the FLOWS as you mentioned, but I couldn't
find animation or progression showing how it would work. I don't
recall there ever being a "philosophic war" between straps and flows
as the flow cuff was always micro-adjustable. For me, it was the
difficulty in being able to get a lot of forward lean that was the
problem. I would have been interested "Forward Lean Adjustment"
mechanism, BUT that links leads to a non-existent page... in fact all
the boot and binding tech links do that at the moment. So I go to the
support page to report the problem... DOH the website designed screwed
up the ASP form pages as well for ALL contact options, so no one can
send the K2 Snowboard division emails. I ended up sending the email
via the K2 corporate site... but that's just poor form.

I designed a website using COM+ objects and ASP when I was an intern
in college and they are that hard to do... more importantly regardless
of the difficult, getting someone to test it at least once to make
sure it works is kind of important. I am unimpressed.

--Arvin