Whoo Hoo Whoo Hoo

Old March 30th 11, 02:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Whoo Hoo Whoo Hoo

On Mar 30, 8:12*am, down_hill wrote:

"The lottery is a tax on stupidity."

There was a show or article on all the happy big money winners.
* it is not my idea of fun

Sounds just like drinking to me. Some (most) people can have a little
fun with it. A few are just too immature or have other weaknesses that
don't allow them to control themselves. Which spills over into other
parts of their lives and shows up in oh so many ways....as we all
know. C'mon, if a dollar or three per week is really that much money
to you, you have other problems.

WRT previous winners, what percentage of the total amount of
winners..... over $500K (?) do you think that show represents?

Old March 30th 11, 02:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Mar 30, 7:25*am, pigo wrote:
On Mar 30, 8:12*am, down_hill wrote:

"The lottery is a tax on stupidity."

There was a show or article on all the happy big money winners.
* it is not my idea of fun

Sounds just like drinking to me.

Brain Fried Bob, only you would liken the lottery to drinking. Of
course, as a brain fried drunk, you compare EVERYTHING to drinking.

Some (most) people can have a little
fun with it. A few are just too immature or have other weaknesses that
don't allow them to control themselves.

So what's your excuse?
Amazing how this deranged, ignorant drug dealer ignores science,
ignores reality, and goes straight to the discredited old fashioned
shaming rationale. Just to immature and unable to control himself, I
guess.
But at least I know he's not talking about me. After all, I have not
had a drink in over 22 years. Sorta disproves Brain Fried's
gibberish, eh?

Which spills over into other
parts of their lives and shows up in oh so many ways....as we all
know.

Holy ****, Bob. What ways? Like lying to the cops and getting
humiliated when exposed? Does drinking turn EVERYONE into dickless
cowards?

C'mon, if a dollar or three per week is really that much money
to you, you have other problems.

You have other problems, Bob. Lots of them. Start with your
alcoholism. Do you pour vodka over your cornflakes?

Old March 30th 11, 04:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
NormG

BrritSki wrote:

The lottery is just a tax on people who are bad at math.

//Walt

I heard it another way:

"The lottery is a tax on stupidity."

In the UK you should not buy a lottery ticket until late afternoon.
Any earlier and you have more chance of dying than winning...

I would think you ALWAYS have more chance of dying than winning. Everybody
dies eventually, few ever win.

The actual difference in the odds of winning is not improved significantly
by buying a ticket.

Horvie - don't spend that $10.00 all in one place!

Old March 30th 11, 06:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Mar 30, 10:32*am, "NormG" wrote:

The actual difference in the odds of winning is not improved significantly
by buying a ticket.

Horvie - don't spend that $10.00 all in one place!

The difference between 0 and one is a trillion is still infinite.
Similar to "a short putt never goes in the hole".
But the insignificance of spending $10 vs. the chance, no matter how
small, to win millions is well worth it for me.

Old March 30th 11, 06:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mar 30, 11:01*am, pigo wrote:
On Mar 30, 10:32*am, "NormG" wrote:

The actual difference in the odds of winning is not improved significantly
by buying a ticket.

Horvie - don't spend that $10.00 all in one place!

The difference between 0 and one is a trillion is still infinite.

Sort of like the chances that you will ever spew your **** in person,
right?

Similar to "a short putt never goes in the hole".

Bob, Bob. You gotta stop using vodka on your cornflakes. Drunk logic
just makes you look stupider than usual.
What's that you mumble? You weren't drunk when you wrote that?

But the insignificance of spending $10 vs. the chance, no matter how
small, to win millions is well worth it for me.

I understand, Thompson. The insignificance of setting meets in Utah
and wasting five minutes of my time vs the chance, no matter how
small, that you will actually show up is well worth it to me.
I think I'll go buy a ticket. More chances of me winning than of any
of you freaks ever threatening my life while within sight of me.

Old March 30th 11, 06:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Mar 30, 11:14*am, Ted Waldron wrote:
In article
,
*Richard Henry wrote:

On Mar 30, 6:47*am, VtSkier wrote:
On 03/29/2011 09:27 PM, Walt wrote:

On 3/28/2011 6:49 PM, wrote:
I had a winner on the lottery today.

I'm buying drinks for everyone at the VFW.

The lottery is just a tax on people who are bad at math.

//Walt

I heard it another way:

"The lottery is a tax on stupidity."

I think of it this way: *If I lose a dollar, it's just for fun. *If I
win a million, that is serious.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radi...329/nice-work-...
ou-can-get-it

ACT TWO. SHOW ME THE ANNUITY.

How about let's go back to Act One: Show the post, Ted.
No surprise you have not responded to being exposed as a pathological
liar and dickless coward.
Still waiting for that call from SPD, Ted. How embarassing for you.
Even more amusing when you talk a bunch of crap and then hide in
shame, knowing your cowardice is on view for all to see.
Show the post, Ted. Contact info?
Old March 31st 11, 01:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 3/28/2011 6:49 PM, wrote:

I had a winner on the lottery today.

The lottery is just a tax on people who are bad at math.

I heard it another way:

"The lottery is a tax on stupidity."

If they taxed stupidity, we wouldn't have to ever worry about the
deficit. I can think of some people who'd be able to fund the entire
defense budget by themselves.

It is an interesting story... I think there are all these stories of
regret for winning the lottery, which is of course ironic...

Actually, it's not at all surprising. If your money management skills
are so poor that you're playing the lottery in the first place, it
follows that you won't be able to manage the jackpot. Anybody with
reasonable money management skills doesn't play in the first place.

//Walt

Old March 31st 11, 02:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 09:32:01 -0700, "NormG"
wrote this crap:

Horvie - don't spend that $10.00 all in one place!

Did I win a whole ten bucks?

Sorry, I almost dropped my rum flask. That ten bucks will keep me in
beer for almost all day.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.