Happy New Year

Old January 9th 11, 05:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Snow Summit Wednesday

On Jan 8, 8:46*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 08 Jan 2011 16:42:03 -0500, VtSkier wrote
this crap:

Be a real dirtbag, simply stitch up the pocket with the
offending zipper.

Duct tape is easier.

But if I was going to have it repaired, I would have it replaced with
velcro.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. *Repeal the nightmares.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe

My new pants have some pockets that have a zipper covered by a
velcroed flap.
Old January 9th 11, 08:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

On 08/01/2011 22:50, lal_truckee wrote:
On 1/8/11 2:22 PM, Bob F wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
The bib-overall-style pants in question had already been patched with
velcro strips when one of the suspender strap latches broke years
ago. And the zipper still works, but the pull tab disappeared so it
requires bare fingers to open and close.

I just fixed that problem last week by slipping a paperclip through
the zipper
to replace the pull.

Paper clips are a little hard to grip. On the side zippers of some ski
pants I wrapped the paper clip pull replacement with a bit of duct tape
to make an easier grip. Really.

I add a bit of nylon cord to each of the zippers on my jacket and fleece
so they're easily gripped with ski gloves on. All carefully colour
coordinated of course...
Old January 9th 11, 06:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

On 1/8/11 2:22 PM, Bob F wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
The bib-overall-style pants in question had already been patched
with velcro strips when one of the suspender strap latches broke
years ago. And the zipper still works, but the pull tab
disappeared so it requires bare fingers to open and close.

I just fixed that problem last week by slipping a paperclip through
the zipper
to replace the pull.

Paper clips are a little hard to grip. On the side zippers of some
ski pants I wrapped the paper clip pull replacement with a bit of
duct tape to make an easier grip. Really.

I add a bit of nylon cord to each of the zippers on my jacket and
fleece so they're easily gripped with ski gloves on. All carefully
colour coordinated of course...

You gotta be coordinated somehow! :-)

Old January 9th 11, 07:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

On 1/8/11 2:22 PM, Bob F wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
The bib-overall-style pants in question had already been patched
with velcro strips when one of the suspender strap latches broke
years ago. And the zipper still works, but the pull tab
disappeared so it requires bare fingers to open and close.

I just fixed that problem last week by slipping a paperclip through
the zipper
to replace the pull.

Paper clips are a little hard to grip. On the side zippers of some
ski pants I wrapped the paper clip pull replacement with a bit of
duct tape to make an easier grip. Really.

I add a bit of nylon cord to each of the zippers on my jacket and
fleece so they're easily gripped with ski gloves on. All carefully
colour coordinated of course...

You gotta be coordinated somehow! :-)

Ah, you've seen me ski then

Happy New Year A mighty Hungarian warrior Alpine Skiing 0 December 31st 09 12:45 PM
I'm so happy Two Buddha Alpine Skiing 7 August 28th 06 03:24 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everybody Wayne Decker Alpine Skiing 0 November 25th 04 01:46 AM
Happy Holidays Terd Fartingmor Alpine Skiing 9 December 28th 03 12:06 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Sven Golly Alpine Skiing 6 December 1st 03 09:44 PM