Happy New Year

Old January 1st 11, 09:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default Happy New Year

On Jan 1, 12:53*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
On Jan 1, 8:08*am, Richard Henry wrote:

On Jan 1, 7:44*am, Richard Henry wrote:

On Jan 1, 7:16*am, VtSkier wrote:

Killington?
If all goes well, I should be there but not working
(in civilian garb). Let me know if that's where you'll
be and I'll monitor channel 5-2.

On 01/01/2011 08:51 AM, downhill wrote:

To the group may you have a happy and prosperous New Year

Going skiing on Tuesday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to scrape brush and rewax..............-

My short-term plans:

Big Bear (both mountains) Monday, Wednesday, and/or Friray, depending
on weather predictions (currently snow or rain predicted Monday).
Mammoth + June the following week for 3 or 4 days.

Just checked the snow reports: *SS and BM both report all runs and
lifts open except for the wooded glades at BM.

Doing further research,

Hey, as long as you are doing research, how about some info on the
Seattle Police Department you claim to have contacted. You know, your
repeated and deliberate lie saying had threatened Alan Baker's life?
Name? Rank?
Or are you finally going to admit that you are such a stalking pussy
freak that you lied the whole time in a truly pathetic attempt to
intimidate me into silence?
Inquiring minds want to do research.
How do you plan on getting to Sun Valley or to The Canyons and
stalking me in person? On Tuesday the 15th I will be skiing with not
one, not two, but THREE former rsa posters, all of whom think you are
one dickless coward.
Contact info?
EMERGENCY TRIP TO MAMMOTH!!!!!!!!!
Old January 2nd 11, 03:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 01/01/11 07:44, Richard Henry wrote:

Big Bear (both mountains) Monday, Wednesday, and/or Friray, depending
on weather predictions (currently snow or rain predicted Monday).

If you go via Arrowhead, post info.

Did you see that they're giving a $13.50 lunch voucher instead of a $10
discount if you buy your tickets on line?

Feh.

--
Cheers, Bev
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%

Old January 2nd 11, 04:14 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jan 1, 7:56*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 01/01/11 07:44, Richard Henry wrote:

Big Bear (both mountains) Monday, Wednesday, and/or Friray, depending
on weather predictions (currently snow or rain predicted Monday).

If you go via Arrowhead, post info.

Did you see that they're giving a $13.50 lunch voucher instead of a $10
discount if you buy your tickets on line?

Feh.

--
Cheers, Bev
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%
Sign on restroom hand-dryer:
* * * * "Push button for a message from your congressman."

Buy tickets? I have a season pass, remember?
Old January 3rd 11, 02:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

On 01/01/2011 13:51, downhill wrote:

To the group may you have a happy and prosperous New Year

And from me. We arrived in Pila late afternoon of NY Eve - had dinner
with daughter (she is working there for the winter) and friends and then
went to the main square. Absolute carnage, like WW3 with huge numbers of
fireworks being let off by all and sundry. Great fun.

Then skied 2 days in the attached resort of Pila which was excellent.
Good snow, cold but sunny, so despite have left my ski jacket in the UK
I was OK with 3 layers and a thin shell. Would have been uncomfortable
in worse conditions though.

Made it home last night eventually despite ominous noises from car which
would appear to be a CV joint on the way out. Hope we get it fixed in
time for the trip back to Pila with son and his family...
Old January 3rd 11, 10:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 01/03/2011 09:47 AM, BrritSki wrote:
On 01/01/2011 13:51, downhill wrote:

To the group may you have a happy and prosperous New Year

And from me. We arrived in Pila late afternoon of NY Eve - had dinner
with daughter (she is working there for the winter) and friends and then
went to the main square. Absolute carnage, like WW3 with huge numbers of
fireworks being let off by all and sundry. Great fun.

Then skied 2 days in the attached resort of Pila which was excellent.
Good snow, cold but sunny, so despite have left my ski jacket in the UK
I was OK with 3 layers and a thin shell. Would have been uncomfortable
in worse conditions though.

Made it home last night eventually despite ominous noises from car which
would appear to be a CV joint on the way out. Hope we get it fixed in
time for the trip back to Pila with son and his family...

Have you figured out yet that sometime you just
need a hat?

Old January 4th 11, 08:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

On 03/01/2011 22:08, VtSkier wrote:
[...]

I don't think a hat will fix the car

Yes, a hat is the first thing I put on when it's cold...

Old January 4th 11, 08:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

On 03/01/2011 23:56, The Real Bev wrote:
On 01/03/11 06:47, BrritSki wrote:

On 01/01/2011 13:51, downhill wrote:

To the group may you have a happy and prosperous New Year

And from me. We arrived in Pila late afternoon of NY Eve - had dinner
with daughter (she is working there for the winter) and friends and then
went to the main square. Absolute carnage, like WW3 with huge numbers of
fireworks being let off by all and sundry. Great fun.

Then skied 2 days in the attached resort of Pila which was excellent.
Good snow, cold but sunny, so despite have left my ski jacket in the UK
I was OK with 3 layers and a thin shell. Would have been uncomfortable
in worse conditions though.

Excellent.

Made it home last night eventually despite ominous noises from car which
would appear to be a CV joint on the way out. Hope we get it fixed in
time for the trip back to Pila with son and his family...

FWIW, my Sentra CV joints lasted for a couple of years after they
started making noises on left turns. It was cheaper to replace the axles
than only the joints.

The mechanic (who is independent and completely trustworthy ime) said it
would be dangerous to drive as they could fail completely at any moment.
It wasn't just noises - on full lock the car would barely move at all

Old January 4th 11, 11:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Ron - NYP

How's Killingtom doing? I'm going for my first of the season next week,
can't wait........
Ron

Old January 4th 11, 01:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

wrote in message
Killington?
If all goes well, I should be there but not working
(in civilian garb). Let me know if that's where you'll
be and I'll monitor channel 5-2.

On 01/01/2011 08:51 AM, downhill wrote:

To the group may you have a happy and prosperous New Year

Going skiing on Tuesday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to scrape brush and rewax..............

Hey Ron,
I've been out of circulation for a couple weeks. My wife
had a medical problem and I've been care giver. I'm
planning on going tomorrow. I'll let you know.
Old January 4th 11, 07:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Ron - NYP

Hope she's OK, I'm planning on going next week, I didn't know you worked
there, if you feel like doing a few runs together LMK.
thanx
Ron

wrote in message
Killington?
If all goes well, I should be there but not working
(in civilian garb). Let me know if that's where you'll
be and I'll monitor channel 5-2.

On 01/01/2011 08:51 AM, downhill wrote:

To the group may you have a happy and prosperous New Year

Going skiing on Tuesday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to scrape brush and rewax..............

Hey Ron,
I've been out of circulation for a couple weeks. My wife
had a medical problem and I've been care giver. I'm
planning on going tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Happy New Year A mighty Hungarian warrior Alpine Skiing 0 December 31st 09 12:45 PM
I'm so happy Two Buddha Alpine Skiing 7 August 28th 06 03:24 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everybody Wayne Decker Alpine Skiing 0 November 25th 04 01:46 AM
Happy Holidays Terd Fartingmor Alpine Skiing 9 December 28th 03 12:06 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Sven Golly Alpine Skiing 6 December 1st 03 09:44 PM