Is June Mt. Dead?

Old August 11th 12, 12:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Is June Mt. Dead?

On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 20:35:09 -0400, VtSkier
wrote this crap:

The Vikings were seafaring people. Viking longboats were made from
wood. Repairs were made from wood.

The Norse who settled Greenland were not Vikings.

Eric the Red was not a Viking?

The age of Vikings was
almost past, the Norse had accepted Christianity and had been
brainwashed back to being farmers and traders. The didn't go very far
from their homes that small boats wouldn't suffice.

Really? Iceland and Greenland were not far?

Your ancestors probably did, on the treeless plains of Hungary.

The Carpathian Mountains run through Hungary and they are covered by
trees.

Uhm, if I remember my geography the Carpathian run along the southeast
edge of the larger version of Hungary which included Transylvania, now a
part of Roumania. By and large Hungary was the home of herders at least
partly nomadic following their herds and cooking with dried ****.

You surely don't know your history. The Hungarian-Austrian Empire
ruled most of Europe. The Hapsburg family ruled most of Europe for
600 years. King George was a Hapsburg when he ruled America. So you
are sitting on soil that should be part of Hungary.

When the Serbs shot and killed our beloved Archduke Ferdinand the
entire world became engaged in a world war and Hungary was on the
losing side. The Hungarian-Austrian Empire was chopped up and Romania
was created from the provinces of Moldavia Transylvania and Wallachia.

You just made my point. I'm sure in Greenland the Vikings cut down
all the trees and had to abandon the colony when they found that trees
were no longer growing there.

Note that I said the forests were cut down on Iceland within a hundred
years of colonization by Europeans. The entire Island was forested
except for the lava flows. In Greenland, if there were trees for timber,
which I doubt, they would have also been cut down in no more than a
hundred years, yet the Greenland colonies lasted almost four hundred
years. So a lack of trees wasn't the reason the colonies were vacated.

For someone who calls himself, "Vtskier," I assume you ski in Vermont.
I've been there and I know that trees grow in Vermont. I live in
Michigan and I have to go out in my garden and pull up the maple trees
that grow next to the weeds. Here in Michigan in an abandoned field
trees will grow and take over. In Greenland if there are no trees
growing, it must be too cold. When the Vikings were there it must
have been warmer.

It was indeed warmer. Consider that many cultures can exist and prosper
without trees in their environment. Bedouins for instance on one end of
the temperature spectrum and I'm sure they burn dried camel **** too.

Bedouins have no houses and no fireplaces. You need wood for those
things. That's why they cooked with dried ****.

Eskimos are at the other end of the temperature spectrum and do quite
well without much wood. There are no trees in their environment.

There are still no tree in Greenland and if there were when the Norse
got there, they were gone within a hundred years yet the Norse survived
without trees for an additional 300 years. So your statement that the
Norse had to leave was a lack of trees does not follow from the evidence.

I saw the houses they built. You need trees. When they cut down the
trees and none grew back they abandoned the colony.

BTW, when I woke up this morning it was 60 degrees. 60 degrees in the
middle of August. I was actually thinking of turning on the furnace
but I didn't want to release the CO2 into the air.

Global warming is a stupid myth.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old August 11th 12, 12:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 09:43:01 -0700, comadrejo
wrote this crap:
now.

I think if it wasn't for Albert Einstein we would be speaking a
different language.

Einstein had little to nothing to do with the making of the Atomic

I guess he never came up with E=mc2 ? Somehow the History Channel
made a mistake.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old August 11th 12, 01:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Friday, August 10, 2012 9:26:05 PM UTC-6, comadrejo wrote:

Canada is part of the Commonwealth figures. The UK along with the

Commonwealth countries (Canada, Australia, NZ, along with UK Colonies like

India declared War on Germany/Deutschland on Sept. 3rd, 1939. Canada

fought all over the world. From the Dieppe Raids, the Bombing campaign

against Germany, to the sea battle around Okinawa. Many Canadians won the

Victoria Cross.

I guess I'd forgotten that the UK still had subjects. The seem much more French than British. Oh well..oops..It doesn't make the comment that the Canadians were instrumental and the US a bistander in winning WW2 any less crazy. Without the US and Russia and Hitlers blunders (mainly to attack Russia) the allies wouldn't have won.

Anyone else here been to the Dday beaches? I suppose there will be ample to see without suggestions.

Old August 11th 12, 02:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 06:31:58 -0700 (PDT), pigo
wrote this crap:

Anyone else here been to the Dday beaches?

I've been to France. You won't like it. Besides, a beach is a beach.
Unless there's skinny girls playing volleyball there's nothing new.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old August 11th 12, 02:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

wrote this crap:

The Vikings were seafaring people. Viking longboats were made from
wood. Repairs were made from wood.

The Norse who settled Greenland were not Vikings.

Eric the Red was not a Viking?

The age of Vikings was
almost past, the Norse had accepted Christianity and had been
brainwashed back to being farmers and traders. The didn't go very far
from their homes that small boats wouldn't suffice.

Really? Iceland and Greenland were not far?

dopeslap Iceland and Greenland were indeed far from Norway, yet...
the inhabitants of those far places DID NOT go far from their homes.

Your ancestors probably did, on the treeless plains of Hungary.

The Carpathian Mountains run through Hungary and they are covered by
trees.

Uhm, if I remember my geography the Carpathian run along the southeast
edge of the larger version of Hungary which included Transylvania, now a
part of Roumania. By and large Hungary was the home of herders at least
partly nomadic following their herds and cooking with dried ****.

You surely don't know your history. The Hungarian-Austrian Empire
ruled most of Europe. The Hapsburg family ruled most of Europe for
600 years. King George was a Hapsburg when he ruled America. So you
are sitting on soil that should be part of Hungary.

The Hapsburgs were Catholics and would never have been allowed on the
throne of England/Great Britain, so no, not so. Further, even Archduke
Ferdinand wasn't a true Hapsburg since the male line of both the
Austrian Hapsburgs and Spanish Hapsburgs went extinct in the 18th
century. The archduke was a Hapsburg only through a female line and
while called a Hapsburg, he was really of the house of
Habsburg-Lothringen (Lorraine).

When the Serbs shot and killed our beloved Archduke Ferdinand the
entire world became engaged in a world war and Hungary was on the
losing side. The Hungarian-Austrian Empire was chopped up and Romania
was created from the provinces of Moldavia Transylvania and Wallachia.

No argument here, in fact I was citing the reality that part of what was
traditionally Hungary is now part of Roumania. In fact what I was saying
was that the open treeless part of Hungary was originally much larger
than what we see now and therefore your ancestors were certainly used to
the idea of cooking with dried ****.

[...]

By the way, temperature is not the only criterion for tree growth. Both
Michigan and Vermont have adequate rainfall as well as proper
temperatures. Arabia and North Africa have the temperature, but not the
rainfall, ergo, no trees except where groundwater is available.

Bedouins have no houses and no fireplaces. You need wood for those
things. That's why they cooked with dried ****.

Ah, so you admit that people of a certain culture can cook with dried
****? Especially those who are at least semi-nomadic and follow their
herds. Not unlike your ancestors.

Eskimos are at the other end of the temperature spectrum and do quite
well without much wood. There are no trees in their environment.

You didn't get this one either. Eskimos, who have no wood, use animal
oil/fat to cook the flesh of that same animal.

There are still no tree in Greenland and if there were when the Norse
got there, they were gone within a hundred years yet the Norse survived
without trees for an additional 300 years. So your statement that the
Norse had to leave was a lack of trees does not follow from the evidence.

I saw the houses they built. You need trees. When they cut down the
trees and none grew back they abandoned the colony.

You need trees for rafters, these can be imported or scavenged from the
beach. There are still several countries in northern Europe where all of
the trees have been cut (at least most of them and there is currently a
concerted effort to replace the forests) and the inhabitants have not
abandoned their land.

Are there still people in Ireland for instance? There are not enough
trees to supply fuel for cooking and heating in Ireland and there hasn't
been for at least a thousand years. Yet the people are still there,
happily burning peat. Peat is still used in Scotland but trees are
returning there enough so that there is now a lumber industry. Peat in
Scotland is what makes your Scotch taste so good.

Denmark is another place where peat has historically been used
extensively for fuel.

Lack of trees is not a good reason to abandon your home. The
Greenlanders did not abandon their homes for this reason. They did,
however, abandon their homes because of climate change.

BTW, when I woke up this morning it was 60 degrees. 60 degrees in the
middle of August. I was actually thinking of turning on the furnace
but I didn't want to release the CO2 into the air.

Frequently when I get up in the summer it's 50 degrees or less. I also
don't turn the heat on. I relish the cold, consider it's a harbinger of
winter so that I can once again go (ob)skiing. I also know that it may
well be 80 degrees by noon, so turning the heat on would be simply a
great big waste.

Global warming is a stupid myth.

No, it's not. Global warming was responsible for the period of time
referred to as the Medieval Maximum when the Norse colonized Greenland.
Global cooling resulted in the Little Ice Age when the canals in Holland
froze in winter. We are back to global warming. Some of the climate
models suggest that it might actually be a cooling time instead except
for the man-made pollution. It might also be a warming time completely
independent of anything humans are doing. The scientific consensus,
however, is that human emissions have a large role in the present cycle
of warming.

If you would like a glimpse of what runaway warming might look like, get
yourself a copy of _Under a Green Sky_ by Peter D. Ward, PhD. This
speaks about a time called Permian Extinction, which was far greater in
impact than the period when the dinosaurs went extinct and, because it
was probably caused by runaway global warming, it has implications for
today.

Well, end of the history and science lesson for today. Everything I've
written here can be confirmed with just a small bit of research (on the
web if you like). Of course, if your mind is made up, I'll try not to
confuse you with facts in the future.

Vote for Romney. Repeat the nightmares.

Old August 11th 12, 03:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Aug 4, 9:55*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
Recent article from Mammoth Sheet on the missed opportunities to
improve J1 and the mid-chalet operation.

http://thesheetnews.com/archives/14858

The die was cast when Dave McCoy decided to go with Yan's QMC as the
base-lift upgrade back in 1986.

Mono County can find no escape clause

http://www.mammothtimes.com/content/...ountain-permit

http://thesheetnews.com/archives/14967
Old August 11th 12, 03:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Saturday, August 11, 2012 6:31:58 AM UTC-7, pigo wrote:
On Friday, August 10, 2012 9:26:05 PM UTC-6, comadrejo wrote:

Canada is part of the Commonwealth figures. The UK along with the

Commonwealth countries (Canada, Australia, NZ, along with UK Colonies like

India declared War on Germany/Deutschland on Sept. 3rd, 1939. Canada

fought all over the world. From the Dieppe Raids, the Bombing campaign

against Germany, to the sea battle around Okinawa. Many Canadians won the

Victoria Cross.

I guess I'd forgotten that the UK still had subjects. The seem much more French than British. Oh well..oops..It doesn't make the comment that the Canadians were instrumental and the US a bistander in winning WW2 any less crazy. Without the US and Russia and Hitlers blunders (mainly to attack Russia) the allies wouldn't have won.

Brain Fried Bob Thompson gets busted being an ignorant, stupid, uneducated liar and this is the best he can do? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. One thing for sure. I have not and never will forget that this dickless freak is a pathological liar.
Old August 11th 12, 03:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Horvath threatens to shoot me and Richard Walsh engages in discussion. Of course, this pathetic stalking piece of **** coward encourages people who want to shoot me, up to and including posting my home address to help them out.