Pre-release issue with Atomic bindings?

Old October 21st 06, 10:14 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Julianne

Default Pre-release issue with Atomic bindings?

Hey, guys...

Has anyone here had pre-release issues with "older" Atomic bindings, say
from the 2000-2002 era or thereabouts?

In my case, I'm talking about a Centro 412, but I have been reading of a
"bad batch" of bindings from that era and wondered if I might connect with
anyone else who knows more about this than I do.

Thanks.

Let it snow!

J-ski

Old October 21st 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jay Pique

On Oct 21, 6:14 am, "Julianne" wrote:
Hey, guys...

Has anyone here had pre-release issues with "older" Atomic bindings, say
from the 2000-2002 era or thereabouts?

Yes. I was not pleased with the Atomic bindings I skied during that
time period. I'm no fan of Markers either.

JP

Old October 22nd 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Norm

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
ps.com...

On Oct 21, 6:14 am, "Julianne" wrote:
Hey, guys...

Has anyone here had pre-release issues with "older" Atomic bindings, say
from the 2000-2002 era or thereabouts?

Yes. I was not pleased with the Atomic bindings I skied during that
time period. I'm no fan of Markers either.

I was never happy with the Atomic bindings ('96-98 manufacture) I used to
own. I had a few problems with the Markers I use now but they were corrected
when I went to a different shop and got them set up properly.

Old October 23rd 06, 09:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Julianne

Thanks, Jay.

Did you pre-release from them? What model were you using at the time...do
you remember?

I'm looking for a recall list to see if the Centro 412 of that era might be
listed. Can't find a link, though. But I've been reading a lot about a bad
batch of bindings that were on the market in that time-frame. Weak heel
piece apparently. Some say the spring, some say a general weakness in the
(soft) metal. Not sure.

Seems like everybody knew about it but me.

Thanks for your responses, guys.

J-ski

ps.com...