Quick release method for lift tickets?

Old September 10th 05, 04:05 PM
lal_truckee

AstroPax wrote:

However, I can think of only two presidents that have ever been
impeached, both just happen to have been democrats. Nixon got away.

Only one who deserved to get impeached. That ******* Nixon should not
have been allowed to resign - there's nothing in the Constitution about
resigning when you get in trouble. I always had a bad feeling about
Nixon resigning; it set the table for a certain class of people to
believe he had been forced out of office when in fact he deserved to be
impeached and sent to jail for a long term. In a democracy there's
nothing worse than the high and powerful tampering with voting. Ask Jed
and George the Doofus.

ObSki: Forecast calls for snow tomrrow. I still need to change the oil
and filters on the plow truck and get a new battery. I am so behind. At
least I know where my boots and skis are.
Old September 10th 05, 07:06 PM
klaus

lal_truckee wrote:
At
least I know where my boots and skis are.

Right by the front door, right?

-klaus

Old September 10th 05, 10:15 PM
Rich Heimlich

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 22:48:26 GMT, Sven Golly
wrote:

Side note - You do know that the Red Cross has now publicly said that
they were prevented from bringing in relief supplies to the Superdome and
Convention Center by LOUISIANA STATE officials??

Last week, the Red Cross, which by law works under FEMA during
national states of emergency, agreed that officials on the ground in
New Orleans were taking the correct course of action in requesting or
demanding that relief workers not enter the city before and after the
storm. In a September 2 interview, Evans explained to CNN host Larry
King that the Red Cross was not in New Orleans because "it was not
safe to be in the city, and it's not been safe to go back into the
city ... We were asked -- directed -- by the National Guard and the
city and the state emergency management not to go into New Orleans
because it was not safe."

Old September 10th 05, 10:22 PM
Rich Heimlich

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 22:12:20 -0600, AstroPax
wrote:

As if previous administrations, republican and democrat alike didn't
do the same thing ???

The term "two wrongs don't make a right" ring a bell? I really don't
care what other administrations did wrong. They're no longer in power
and I wouldn't have supported incompetence from them either.

However, I can think of only two presidents that have ever been
impeached, both just happen to have been democrats. Nixon got away.

So your response to everything that is currently a problem is to point
to previous problems? New Orleans isn't a problem because Pompeii
killed people?
Old September 11th 05, 12:10 AM
Richard Henry

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
m...
AstroPax wrote:

However, I can think of only two presidents that have ever been
impeached, both just happen to have been democrats. Nixon got away.

Only one who deserved to get impeached. That ******* Nixon should not
have been allowed to resign - there's nothing in the Constitution about
resigning when you get in trouble. I always had a bad feeling about
Nixon resigning; it set the table for a certain class of people to
believe he had been forced out of office when in fact he deserved to be
impeached and sent to jail for a long term. In a democracy there's
nothing worse than the high and powerful tampering with voting. Ask Jed
and George the Doofus.

Impeachment and resignation have the same effect - out of office. Ford's
pardon-before-the-fact is why he was not arrested, tried and sent to jail.

Old September 11th 05, 12:19 AM
pigo

AstroPax wrote:

However, I can think of only two presidents that have ever been
impeached, both just happen to have been democrats. Nixon got
away.

Only one who deserved to get impeached. That ******* Nixon should
not have been allowed to resign - there's nothing in the
Constitution about resigning when you get in trouble. I always had
a bad feeling about Nixon resigning; it set the table for a certain
class of people to believe he had been forced out of office when in
fact he deserved to be impeached and sent to jail for a long term.
In a democracy there's nothing worse than the high and powerful
tampering with voting. Ask Jed and George the Doofus.

Every reputable source polled after the election confirms that GWB
would have won any recounts or challenges.

Old September 11th 05, 12:21 AM
pigo

"AstroPax" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 16:05:29 GMT, lal_truckee

wrote:

That ******* Nixon should not have been allowed to resign - there's
nothing in the Constitution about
resigning when you get in trouble.

Likewise, nothing in the Constitution says a president (or anyone
else
for that matter) *can't* resign, should they choose to do so, for
whatever reason.

As a matter of fact, succession of the President due to his
"resignation" is specifically addressed in Article II Section I,
and
also in Amendment XXV.

Besides, FYI, slavery was abolished by Amendment XIII.

OH! Those god damn facts again!

Old September 11th 05, 12:52 AM
klaus

Richard Henry wrote:

Impeachment and resignation have the same effect - out of office.

So getting back to that.. out of office thing.... is incompetence
actionable? I have no idea.

-klaus
Old September 11th 05, 12:54 AM
klaus

AstroPax wrote:
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:22:25 -0400, Rich Heimlich
wrote:

New Orleans isn't a problem because Pompeii
killed people?

And Bush isn't a problem because Katrina killed people either.

No, it appears as if the *main* cause of the New Orleans disaster is
as follows:

A) Hurricane
B) Flood
C) Mayor (unprepared)
D) Governor (unprepared)
E) Residents (unprepared)

And that "F)" thing once he's not "sitting", I would hope. You can just
tap your left foot twice. We'll understand.

-klaus

Old September 11th 05, 01:30 AM
klaus

AstroPax wrote:

wrote:

New Orleans isn't a problem because Pompeii
killed people?

And Bush isn't a problem because Katrina killed people either.

No, it appears as if the *main* cause of the New Orleans disaster is
as follows:

A) Hurricane
B) Flood
C) Mayor (unprepared)
D) Governor (unprepared)
E) Residents (unprepared)

And that "F)" thing once he's not "sitting", I would hope. You can just
tap your left foot twice. We'll understand.

"major", "chief", "key", "most important", "foremost", "core",
"focal", "central", "highest", and "primary".

Just seemed like an odd list. That's all. I mean you already admitted
you were biased. Straight up. Right? You won't talk about gw. That would
be bias. Period. So I was just filling out your list for you. Since you
can't. And all that.

But I'm not surprised you didn't catch that qualifier, after all, you
didn't even know what a gaper was until Walt actually spelled it out
for you.

hey.. it's a second language. I'm trying. Maybe I have more important
things to worry about than pop culture language or "Ebonics". I just
don't end up typing "gaper" that often. Sorry you have to. If you look,
there are better words and they're free. Really. Free. But you're
right.. you showed me.. grrrrrr you knew what a gaper was.. I am sooo
ashamed and embarrassed. What are you gonna teach me next?

-klaus