Quick release method for lift tickets?

Old September 8th 05, 03:34 PM
klaus

AstroPax wrote:
On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 21:14:13 -0600, klaus
wrote:

What are your thoughts?

I think you quack to the left just as much as you think I quack to the
right.

Well, I admit the state screwed up, the mayor is an crook, and the
governor is inept, yet you still avoid the question of Bush's performance.

Again, what are your thoughts on Bush's performance?

Quack, quack.

-klaus

Old September 8th 05, 05:14 PM
Rich Heimlich

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 21:56:40 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

Didn't read any of Rush's stuff, just listened to him for a couple of years
during my morning bikerides. I don't think he lies deliberately, I think he
just makes mistakes -- or his staff makes mistakes and he doesn't know it,
which is I guess the same thing.

Actually I think Rush often speaks first and thinks later. He often
says things (like the Donovan McNabb comment on ESPN last year) that
clearly show he's not thinking them through entirely.

If you say so. Did he explain why he made them? Did he correct anything
voluntarily, or only the stuff that others picked up on?

I have no way of knowing that. The point is that he does it. Many
others who I have read or watched never do it. Also, remember, if you
think the sky is red and no one corrects you, you have little reason
to go about making a correction. When we all submitted work in school,
we believed it to be correct until it came back with big red circles
around it alerting us to the problems.

No it doesn't. He's got the entire Hollywood Left on his side. Streisand's
recommendation is as good as a condemnation by a rational person. BTW,
weren't she and Alec Baldwin going to move to Canada a while back?

Hhahaha. People talk. I don't pay much attention to Streisand. Baldwin
is on the border for me. He's clearly intelligent and has something to
say but I don't always agree with it.

So might Daffy Duck, but that doesn't mean you should take him seriously.

When Daffy Duck starts arguing competently about gun control issues,
I'll consider that. Until then I'm not too worried about what Daffy
has to say from a serious angle.

I don't want a compassionate executive, I want one who can think. I don't
think I'm getting either, but I can hope I'm wrong.

Well, I guess we disagree there. Compassion, to me, brings with it a
level of understanding of the pain people go through and that is
something I believe would result in a well-crafted perspective for
leading. I don't believe Bush really understands pain and the way he
governs shows that to me in spades. Barbara Bush, just the other day,
made a typical "I have no clue about pain" comment that shows the sort
of deficiency I'm concerned about. She basically didn't understand
what the big deal was about all the people crammed into the Astrodome
because many survivors “were underprivileged anyway”, their Astrodome
quarters are “working very well for them”.

Forgive me, but anyone who can be that deficient in the compassion
department is not someone I want leading a nation that happens to be
populated by millions of people who could benefit from some
compassion.

I haven't respected a president since Truman, but I was wayyyy too young to
vote for him. Still, he seemed like a straightforward guy with guts. Been a
long time...

Yeah, he came before me but reading the history and biographies, it
appears that Truman was one of the few Presidents who actually didn't
give a damn about the polls and the politics and just existed to get
the job done. Try to think of another President that would have
willingly given up the trappings of the White House to live in Blair
House so that the White House could be completely gutted and re-built
for future generations.
Old September 8th 05, 05:18 PM
Rich Heimlich

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 23:01:20 -0600, AstroPax
wrote:

Clinton is a perfect example of a bad actor *and* a bad leader. He
was a horrible Commander-in-Chief...just ask anyone that was in the
military during his two terms.

I am a veteran and have family who was in the military during his two
terms. They have nothing bad to say there. One who is still in the
military now is entirely ****ed off at Bush for keeping him well past
his time.
Old September 8th 05, 05:21 PM
klaus

AstroPax wrote:
It's even worse if a poor leader is also a poor actor - resulting in
the followers realizing that the leader is not only a poor leader, but
also a poor actor - an *obvious* fake.

At least Bush doesn't attempt to fake things. What you see is what
you get, and that is often used against him.

Well, those WMD's seemed faked. But that aside, if what you see is an
incompetent, then that is what you get. But I still don't see any of the
WYSIWYG crowd owning up to that.

Clinton is a perfect example of a bad actor *and* a bad leader. He
was a horrible Commander-in-Chief...just ask anyone that was in the
military during his two terms.

Ok.. so Clinton is an idiot. Tell me again you're feelngs about Bush's
performance.

-klaus

Old September 8th 05, 05:24 PM
Rich Heimlich

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 09:34:06 -0600, klaus
wrote:

Again, what are your thoughts on Bush's performance?

You noticed that dodge too, eh? Seems to be a trait of a Bush
supporter. Given that they take their lead from the administration
itself....
Old September 8th 05, 05:30 PM
klaus

wrote:

Again, what are your thoughts on Bush's performance?

You noticed that dodge too, eh? Seems to be a trait of a Bush
supporter. Given that they take their lead from the administration
itself....

You are like a hurricane
There’s calm in your eye.
And I’m gettin’ blown away
To somewhere safer where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but I’m getting blown away.
Neil Young.

-klaus

Old September 8th 05, 05:33 PM
VtSkier

lal_truckee wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

It is directly controlled by the governor of
the state...

Yeah. I still have fond memories of Reagan calling out the guard to gas
me from helicopters when I was trying to study for my Doc orals.

In fact to this day I don't display my diplomas because I'm ashamed they
were signed by that doofus when he was gov, and not countersigned by Bonzo.

Hmmm, sounds like more of a story here.
Old September 8th 05, 06:09 PM
Rich Heimlich

Here's a snippet of what the Tapei Times had to say, to give you a
view of what other countries are thinking of this whole thing:

*****
It has been as much about Bush's style as the reality on the ground
that has rebounded on him. As he prepared to make his visit to New
Orleans, he told reporters that he was "looking forward to his trip"
before changing his mind and decided that he wasn't looking forward to
it after all. The president tried to use the fact that Senator Trent
Lott, a senior Republican, had his own house destroyed to display his
celebrated folksy charm.

"Out of the rubble of Trent Lott's house, there's going to be a
fantastic house. And I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch," he
said.

Commentators were quick to note that Lott has at least one other
house, unlike the poor who are stranded in New Orleans.

And to many, the talk of rebuilding and the concern about looting
seemed to miss the point: that people are dying in massive numbers.
*****

EXACTLY my point. This man has no comprehension of sympathy,
compassion or even basic sensitivity. The guy is out of touch with the
electorate and this underscores the clear fact that he is not a leader
who can lead by example or lead from a position of respect.
Old September 8th 05, 06:22 PM
Richard Henry

"Rich Heimlich" wrote in message

Try to think of another President that would have
willingly given up the trappings of the White House to live in Blair
House so that the White House could be completely gutted and re-built
for future generations.

Well, after the bathtub fell through the floor...

Old September 8th 05, 08:06 PM
The Real Bev

Rich Heimlich wrote:

wrote [re Moore auto-correcting errors]:

If you say so. Did he explain why he made them? Did he correct anything
voluntarily, or only the stuff that others picked up on?

I have no way of knowing that. The point is that he does it. Many
others who I have read or watched never do it. Also, remember, if you
think the sky is red and no one corrects you, you have little reason
to go about making a correction. When we all submitted work in school,
we believed it to be correct until it came back with big red circles
around it alerting us to the problems.

Not the same thing. Saying that 2+2=5 is an error. Saying that Charlton
Heston and the NRA held their annual meeting deliberately in whatever place
just had a headlining gun tragedy when the meeting had been scheduled months
in advance of whatever is a bold-faced lie. Apologizing for that "error"
when publicly corrected is not quite the same thing as re-doing an arithmetic
problem.

No it doesn't. He's got the entire Hollywood Left on his side. Streisand's
recommendation is as good as a condemnation by a rational person. BTW,
weren't she and Alec Baldwin going to move to Canada a while back?

Hhahaha. People talk. I don't pay much attention to Streisand. Baldwin
is on the border for me. He's clearly intelligent and has something to
say but I don't always agree with it.

"Intelligent" means having an IQ 100, so maybe he is. I believed him when he
said he was leaving, but he turned out to be a liar. I forgive Kim because
wives typically go along with their husbands even when they're nuts and
besides, she divorced him later.

I don't want a compassionate executive, I want one who can think. I don't
think I'm getting either, but I can hope I'm wrong.

Well, I guess we disagree there. Compassion, to me, brings with it a
level of understanding of the pain people go through and that is
something I believe would result in a well-crafted perspective for
leading.

That's two parts. Understanding and repair. I don't care if he understands
as long as he fixes. Whenever I hear about a politician (and just about ALL
of them do it) "comforting" the victims of some tragedy I want to puke.
"There, there, it's all right, at least he didn't suffer..." If approached by
a politician or reporter after some tragedy, I fully intend to yell **** OFF
ASSHOLE until he goes away. I plan this now so just in case I'm a bit out of
it at the time I'll still know what to do.

I don't believe Bush really understands pain and the way he
governs shows that to me in spades. Barbara Bush, just the other day,
made a typical "I have no clue about pain" comment that shows the sort
of deficiency I'm concerned about. She basically didn't understand
what the big deal was about all the people crammed into the Astrodome
because many survivors ?were underprivileged anyway?, their Astrodome
quarters are ?working very well for them?.

Marie Antoinette was out of touch, not vicious, when she said "Let them eat
cake." There are times I wish I watched the news so I could actually hear
what was said instead of relying on The Press to provide truncated quotes.
OTOH, then I'd have to hear way too much crap...

Forgive me, but anyone who can be that deficient in the compassion
department is not someone I want leading a nation that happens to be
populated by millions of people who could benefit from some
compassion.

Compassion is absolutely worthless by itself. Doing something about it is
what counts. I'd rather have a million people who could actually stand on
their own feet than a million people who desperately need compassion. Some
people say "Where's my check?" and some people say "I need a job." If
compassion means an increasing number of people dependent on welfare, then
compassion is actually destructive. Yes, we need to take care of people who
for one reason or another can't take care of themselves, but goddammit do we
have to create MORE of them?

I haven't respected a president since Truman, but I was wayyyy too young to
vote for him. Still, he seemed like a straightforward guy with guts. Been a
long time...

Yeah, he came before me but reading the history and biographies, it
appears that Truman was one of the few Presidents who actually didn't
give a damn about the polls and the politics and just existed to get
the job done. Try to think of another President that would have
willingly given up the trappings of the White House to live in Blair
House so that the White House could be completely gutted and re-built
for future generations.

And didn't he and Bess just get on a train out of DC when Ike took over?

--
Cheers, Bev