new burton custom need a wax?

Old February 10th 05, 10:27 AM
hob

Default new burton custom need a wax?

i've just ordered a new burton custom. will it need a waxing before use
or does it come waxed ready to use from the factory?? thanks.

Old February 10th 05, 02:52 PM
Edward Arata

Boards usually come with a little wax just to protect them from drying out
while in storage and shipping, you can board on it but would be better to
wax it before you take it out. Then you know what's on it and you can start
to get a feel for waxes you like. This season I bought a brand new Never
Summer (Titan) and a Prior (Khyber) and I waxed both before I took them out.
Hope this helps

Ed

Old February 10th 05, 11:02 PM
lonerider

hob wrote:
i've just ordered a new burton custom. will it need a waxing before

use
or does it come waxed ready to use from the factory?? thanks.

It comes with a factory wax, so you could ride it straight off. That
being said, if you have the extra time... go get it waxed as I doubt
they spent much time doing the factory wax.

Old February 15th 05, 04:43 PM
bri719

hob wrote:

i've just ordered a new burton custom. will it need a waxing before use
or does it come waxed ready to use from the factory?? thanks.

pretty much all boards from the major manufacturers come with a "factory
wax" job. Burton definitely does. you can ride it once or twice to get
the feel for it and break it in, but then I'd definitely go ahead and
wax it myself or get someone to do it for you. it will not hold up very
long and the base will start to appear dried out or get roughed up. it
will start to glide not that smooth after a few sessions.

IMHO most wax jobs done at the factory function as an extra-light
coating for test runs and such. most of them assume you're going to
apply your own wax anyway, but they put that on just in case some people
never wax it before riding, and then they can also advertise their
boards as ready to ride right out of the wrapper.

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email