Livingo Italy

Old July 8th 04, 07:42 AM
Kris

Default Livingo Italy

Hi
Can anyone recomend any apartments / bed & breakfast in Livingo Italy ? We
are planning on going there this winter and looking for a place to stay

Thanks
Kris

Old July 8th 04, 07:59 PM
Hywel

In article %V6Hc.102970$rCA1.56797
@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com, Kris says...
Hi
Can anyone recomend any apartments / bed & breakfast in Livingo Italy ? We
are planning on going there this winter and looking for a place to stay

I stayed in the Chalet Alpenroyal (SC), which was very nice. It was
operated by Inghams, so may not get in there. Most of the accommodation
is owned by the same few families, and generally looked pretty good -
lots of top quality carpentry.

I haven't got much useful information re. your post, but see if you can
get a copy of the bus route map before you decided where to stay. A lot
of Livigno is one-way traffic, and you could end up with a long walk or
a long bus ride at one end of the day.

--
Hywel

Big Brother Petition - Better TV Wanted!
http://www.petitiononline.com/BBFlood/
Old July 9th 04, 06:29 AM
Maris Ozols

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 20:59:04 +0100, Hywel
wrote:

In article %V6Hc.102970$rCA1.56797
, Kris says...
Hi
Can anyone recomend any apartments / bed & breakfast in Livingo Italy ? We
are planning on going there this winter and looking for a place to stay

I stayed in the Chalet Alpenroyal (SC), which was very nice. It was
operated by Inghams, so may not get in there. Most of the accommodation
is owned by the same few families, and generally looked pretty good -
lots of top quality carpentry.

I haven't got much useful information re. your post, but see if you can
get a copy of the bus route map before you decided where to stay. A lot
of Livigno is one-way traffic, and you could end up with a long walk or
a long bus ride at one end of the day.

Sorry but didn't see the original post. We stayed in the Piccolo Tibet
hotel last March. The rates were very reasonable and the food was to
die for. Also very friendly and helpful staff. They do have a website.

Maris
Old July 9th 04, 01:55 PM
Paul Richardson

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 07:29:25 +0100, Maris Ozols
wrote:

Sorry but didn't see the original post. We stayed in the Piccolo Tibet
hotel last March. The rates were very reasonable and the food was to
die for. Also very friendly and helpful staff. They do have a website.

Maris

Couldn't resist posting this wonderful Google translation of an
Italian description of Livigno - don't you just love computers?

"Livigno
Livigno, the "Tibet Small" of Italy, for its cold and dry climate is
one of the more important and equipped winter tourist stations of the
Alps. Situated between it goes it them of Engadina (CH) and High
Valtellina (IT) is a charming one goes them that allonge for 14 km
favoring it gets passionate you of the bottom ski (ring 42 km).
Mitigated from a good exposure to the sun, the innevamento is assured
from December to March."

:-)

Paul

Old July 9th 04, 02:14 PM
Maris Ozols

The Italians are not renowned for their command of the English
language. I'm amazed at the number I meet in England, who are barely
able to put a sentence together. I suppose our Italian skills are no
better, though.
I do think I need an interpreter for that bit of gobbldygook,
though:-)

Maris

Old July 21st 04, 01:37 PM
Ollie Clark

Kris wrote:
Hi
Can anyone recomend any apartments / bed & breakfast in Livingo Italy ? We
are planning on going there this winter and looking for a place to stay

We stayed in Li/La Roina (depending on where you look) last season and
found it great. Two large bedrooms, a seperate large kitchen/living area
and a luxury bathroom. I think it might be owned by Panorama though. It
was one of the cheapest places we could find but I'd recommend it to
anyone. After staying in French apartments it was like 5 star luxury!

It's a little out of the main centre, but the busses are pretty good and
there's a lift only 2-3 mins from the door which you can use to get to the
main cable car on one side of the valley.

We're going back this year.

--
"Fighting terrorists with a military invasion is like trying to kill
a bee by shooting its beehive with a shotgun." - Anonymous, USENET

Livingo - Italy Kris General 0 July 7th 04 10:22 PM
La Rosiere (France) / La Thuile (Italy): my opinions Clive Long,UK European Ski Resorts 14 March 25th 04 11:37 PM
Seperated Slopes for boarders in Italy Jürgen Schmadlak Snowboarding 6 January 26th 04 06:59 AM
Italy Recommendations Lazarus European Ski Resorts 2 October 29th 03 09:43 PM