Snow Summit 1/25/12

Old January 26th 12, 05:23 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default Snow Summit 1/25/12

The wind kept it from being too warm. 13 runs, the very bottom of the
last of which presented a section of slush which caused my first fall of
the day. Skis stayed on. I don't remember falling on a flat place
before, except once in the ticket line. I was absolutely unable to get
up without taking off one ski for stability. Felt like an idiot.

For addicts: The Walmart at the 210/330 split has Little Debbie
Marshmallow Supremes. Good pocket food. Very hard to find.

I did NOT go to the gym yesterday, but it didn't seem to result in the
excellent performance of a few weeks ago. Usual exhaustion/lack of
control by 11:45 was probably the cause of the fall.

There are no miracles. Well, maybe Little Debbie...

--
Cheers, Bev
Little Mary took her skis upon the snow to frisk.
Old January 27th 12, 03:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jan 25, 10:23*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
[...]

I was planning on Bear Mt today, but when I got up I didn't want to
deal with the drive. Instead, I am heading up to Mammoth and June for
a few days early next week.
Old January 27th 12, 03:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Jan 27, 8:12*am, Richard Henry wrote:
[...]

I'm planning on UTAH!!!! Let Brain Fried Bob know I am coming. He'll
join you at Mammoth.