Ski School

Old January 26th 04, 12:57 PM
John

Default Ski School

Oh sorry, I forgot you'd not been there before. It's at the Flaine
Foret level (the upper level, linked to Flaine Forum by the 'yoghurt
pots' near the pistes and two elevators within the village) right at
the end of the road.

No problem. I haven't managed to find a detailed village map on the web
anyway, so I'll file that away for when we get there.

Old January 26th 04, 08:33 PM
AndyP

"John" wrote in message
. ..

No problem. I haven't managed to find a detailed village map on the web
anyway, so I'll file that away for when we get there.

You've probably already seen this, but I found it useful (especially when
working out exactly how far my hotel was from the slopes etc!). Follow the
link for plan de localisation (if needed, I think the whole site is also
done in english). The ski school meeting place is literally at the end of
the buildings that make up Foret. From the map the resort looks quite
spaced out but is actually fairly quick to get around (the noticeable
exceptions being the queue to get up in the gondola from Forum and using the
resort lifts just before and just after slope opening times. (Oh and
queuing to get your apartment/ hotel keys from Home International - we had
the joys of a 2 hour wait on arrival to pick them up, but it was the Feb
half term week!).

http://www.flaine.com/index.jsp?c=11500#

Old January 28th 04, 04:07 PM
AndyP

"John" wrote in message
.. .

Thanks, is that the right hand side of Foret looking at the map?

Yes - where the buildings end, across the road, and onto the snowy area. To
give an idea of scale, we stayed in some apartments in Foret at the very
left hand side of the row of buildings and it took approx 5 minutes to walk
from there to the ski area (without equipment).

Old January 29th 04, 10:53 AM
John

Yes - where the buildings end, across the road, and onto the snowy
area. To
give an idea of scale, we stayed in some apartments in Foret at the very
left hand side of the row of buildings and it took approx 5 minutes to
walk
from there to the ski area (without equipment).

Thanks. I believe we're staying at that end of Foret.