WOW! Andrew Mclean on on the Colbert Report

Old January 24th 08, 08:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

Default WOW! Andrew Mclean on on the Colbert Report

(disclaimer: I have no affiliation to Andrew Mclean, business or
otherwise. I just think this was cool.)

Colbert Report 1/23/08 - RSA's own Andrew Mclean was Stephen Colbert's
guest talking about his new movie "Steep."

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/t...rt/index.jhtml

(video should be up tomorrow!)

It was the same episode that Colbert announced raising ~$200,000 for the
"Yellow Ribbon Fund" that provides transportationand lodging to the
families of wounded US servicemen .

http://www.yellowribbonfund.com/
Old January 24th 08, 11:24 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_15_]

Dave Cartman wrote:
(disclaimer: I have no affiliation to Andrew Mclean, business or
otherwise. I just think this was cool.)

Colbert Report 1/23/08 - RSA's own Andrew Mclean was Stephen Colbert's
guest talking about his new movie "Steep."

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/t...rt/index.jhtml

Nice. I miss that show, used to watch Jon Stewart and then Colbert most
nights. Still think Stewart was better, especially when he wanted to make a
point. Ouch.

--
ant
Don't try to email me!

Old January 24th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Bizarro world seeing that. Klaus clued on the other site or I wouldn't
have watched, being otherwise tired of Colbertte's shtick.

I noticed Colbert didn't serve cold beer and Scotch around a warm fire,
so I expect BD will return from the bright lights unseduced and unperturbed.
Old January 24th 08, 05:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
"ant" wrote:

Dave Cartman wrote:
(disclaimer: I have no affiliation to Andrew Mclean, business or
otherwise. I just think this was cool.)

Colbert Report 1/23/08 - RSA's own Andrew Mclean was Stephen Colbert's
guest talking about his new movie "Steep."

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/t...rt/index.jhtml

Nice. I miss that show, used to watch Jon Stewart and then Colbert most
nights. Still think Stewart was better, especially when he wanted to make a
point. Ouch.

I enjoy them both, but liked "The Daily Show's" usually even handed
approach to politics and world events. However, with the ongoing
writer's strike, it looks to me like Jon Stewart is struggling mightily
to delivery topical, funny content while Stephen Colbert just has to be
"Stephen Colbert."

Stephen Colbert is much funnier if you have an elderly relative who
LOVES Bill O'Reilly of Fox News.

This is Colbert suggesting that if you are going to introduce a bill
requiring the display of the 10 Commandments, actually knowing what they
are would be beneficial to your position:

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages...mandments.html

Old January 24th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

ant wrote:
Dave Cartman wrote:
(disclaimer: I have no affiliation to Andrew Mclean, business or
otherwise. I just think this was cool.)

Colbert Report 1/23/08 - RSA's own Andrew Mclean was Stephen Colbert's
guest talking about his new movie "Steep."

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/t...rt/index.jhtml

Well, I got to watch that stupid ad for the Navy about 19 times, but
never saw the buttdawg clip.

Comedy Central's video streaming is hopelessly broken. They should
leave it to the teenagers on You Tube.

Idiots.

//Walt
Old January 24th 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Walt wrote:
ant wrote:
Dave Cartman wrote:
(disclaimer: I have no affiliation to Andrew Mclean, business or
otherwise. I just think this was cool.)

Colbert Report 1/23/08 - RSA's own Andrew Mclean was Stephen Colbert's
guest talking about his new movie "Steep."

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/t...rt/index.jhtml

Well, I got to watch that stupid ad for the Navy about 19 times, but
never saw the buttdawg clip.

Comedy Central's video streaming is hopelessly broken. They should
leave it to the teenagers on You Tube.

Idiots.

//Walt

My experience too. Any advice would be
welcome, I'd like to see the clip.
Old January 24th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

"VtSkier" wrote in message
Walt wrote:
ant wrote:
Dave Cartman wrote:
(disclaimer: I have no affiliation to Andrew Mclean, business or
otherwise. I just think this was cool.)

Colbert Report 1/23/08 - RSA's own Andrew Mclean was Stephen Colbert's
guest talking about his new movie "Steep."

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/t...rt/index.jhtml

Well, I got to watch that stupid ad for the Navy about 19 times, but never
saw the buttdawg clip.

Comedy Central's video streaming is hopelessly broken. They should leave it
to the teenagers on You Tube.

Idiots.

//Walt

My experience too. Any advice would be
welcome, I'd like to see the clip.

I just went down the list and selected the clip mentioned.

Bob F

Old January 24th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
TexasSkiNut

On Jan 24, 2:19*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
"VtSkier" wrote in message

Walt wrote:
ant wrote:
Dave Cartman wrote:
(disclaimer: I have no affiliation to Andrew Mclean, business or
otherwise. *I just think this was cool.)

Colbert Report 1/23/08 - RSA's own Andrew Mclean was Stephen Colbert's
guest talking about his new movie "Steep."

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/t...rt/index.jhtml

Well, I got to watch that stupid ad for the Navy about 19 times, but never
saw the buttdawg *clip.

Comedy Central's video streaming is hopelessly broken. *They should leave it
to the teenagers on You Tube.

Idiots.

//Walt

My experience too. Any advice would be
welcome, I'd like to see the clip.

I just went down the list and selected the clip mentioned.

Go to the Guest Interviews section:
http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/t...report/videos/
celebrity_interviews/index.jhtml
Old January 24th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

TexasSkiNut wrote:
On Jan 24, 2:19 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
"VtSkier" wrote in message
Walt wrote:

Well, I got to watch that stupid ad for the Navy about 19 times, but never
saw the buttdawg clip.

My experience too. Any advice would be
welcome, I'd like to see the clip.

I just went down the list and selected the clip mentioned.

Go to the Guest Interviews section:
http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/t...report/videos/
celebrity_interviews/index.jhtml

This works *if* you have all your Flash crap installed and tweaked just
right, and *if* you have a high enough bandwidth connection.

Missing either one? You're SOL.

Comedy Central / Viacom are in the *broadcasting* business. You'd think
they'd know enough to not assume that the user has their software and
hardware configured "just so". Joe-random-hosebag can post stuff on You
Tube that's more or less downloadable and viewable by anyone, but the
"pros" can't figure out how to make it available to all.

Idiots.

BTW, I was able to find the right hardware/software combination to watch
it. More trouble than it was worth. But I did put "Steep" in the
Netflix queue for when it gets released on DVD.

//Walt