easyjet ski-carriage charge

Old February 6th 05, 11:20 AM
Sammy

Default easyjet ski-carriage charge

easyjet are charging =A310 per pair of skis each way. Is this a new
policy? Feels like gouging to me, but the total cost of the flight
(booked 48 hours before departure) was still a little cheaper than BA
or Swiss.

Sammy
PS. please don't ask me to think about easyjet's margins ;-)

Old February 6th 05, 11:42 AM
Steve Haigh

Sammy wrote:
easyjet are charging £10 per pair of skis each way. Is this a new
policy? Feels like gouging to me, but the total cost of the flight
(booked 48 hours before departure) was still a little cheaper than BA
or Swiss.

Thanks for the warning. I booked some Easyjet flights recently and I
must admit I didn't check the small print... looks like I'm going to be
£20 down. Do you have to book the skis when you book the tickets, or do
they sting you for the extra at checkin?

Sammy
PS. please don't ask me to think about easyjet's margins ;-)

I think they are doing better than most airlines at the moment.
Old February 6th 05, 11:59 AM
Sammy

I booked online and it was an option you had to tick. I ticked it
because I didn't want to risk them refusing to carry the skis for some
reason if I tried to blag them to take them at check-in. Hadn't
noticed this option before so assume it is new. If you booked before
they added this option you might not have to pay?

Sammy

Old February 6th 05, 03:53 PM
mo

as far as im aware, easyjet allow 10kg for sports equipment over and above
your 20kg baggage allowance.
Im flying liverpool /geneva a week next friday so ill be finding out for
sure soon enough....

oups.com...

Old February 6th 05, 05:48 PM
Steve Pardoe

"mo" wrote in message
as far as im aware, easyjet allow 10kg for sports equipment over and above
your 20kg baggage allowance.
Im flying liverpool /geneva a week next friday so ill be finding out for
sure soon enough....

That's right. We've just done the LPL - GVA - LPL thing with easyJet, and
you can indeed load on a boot bag (about 6.5 kg in my case) as well as your
(one) 20kg piece of luggage. I can't see a pair of skis coming in at under
10kg, though, so a supplement wouldn't surprise me.

Steve

Old February 6th 05, 07:43 PM
bbm

Steve Pardoe wrote:
"mo" wrote in message

as far as im aware, easyjet allow 10kg for sports equipment over and above
your 20kg baggage allowance.
Im flying liverpool /geneva a week next friday so ill be finding out for
sure soon enough....

That's right. We've just done the LPL - GVA - LPL thing with easyJet, and
you can indeed load on a boot bag (about 6.5 kg in my case) as well as your
(one) 20kg piece of luggage. I can't see a pair of skis coming in at under
10kg, though, so a supplement wouldn't surprise me.

Steve

This is the small print link
http://www.easyjet.co.uk/en/Book/reg...s.html#baggage

however no mention of snowboards :-)
Old February 6th 05, 09:43 PM
Greg Hilton

Looks they have changed their policy

Bicycles, golf equipment, and skis

An additional fee is charged per flight for the carriage of bicycles, golf
equipment, and skis.

Currency Per flight
GBP 10.00

Old February 6th 05, 10:35 PM
Sammy

Pity the poor skiing cellist.

Sammy.

Old February 6th 05, 10:36 PM
Mike Mather

"Steve Pardoe" wrote in message
.. .
"mo" wrote in message
as far as im aware, easyjet allow 10kg for sports equipment over and
above
your 20kg baggage allowance.
Im flying liverpool /geneva a week next friday so ill be finding out for
sure soon enough....

That's right. We've just done the LPL - GVA - LPL thing with easyJet, and
you can indeed load on a boot bag (about 6.5 kg in my case) as well as
your
(one) 20kg piece of luggage. I can't see a pair of skis coming in at
under
10kg, though, so a supplement wouldn't surprise me.

Steve

We have just done the same trip (out on the 22/1/05), and all of us took
loaded board bags as well as hold luggage. As per previous years, there was
no charge at check in for the extra baggage. We booked when the flights were
released in July, so I guess it is a recent change, and as we booked early
they didn't try to hit us.

Mike

Old February 6th 05, 11:26 PM
Sammy

Mike Mather wrote:

We have just done the same trip (out on the 22/1/05), and all of us

took
loaded board bags as well as hold luggage. As per previous years,

there was
no charge at check in for the extra baggage. We booked when the

flights were
released in July, so I guess it is a recent change, and as we booked

early
they didn't try to hit us.

Mike

Thanks for the historical perspective.