Did I made a mistake with these skis?

Old July 19th 03, 08:12 PM
Chris

Default Did I made a mistake with these skis?

Even if the ski season is a few month away, where I live, there is a big
clearance ski sale.

I am an intermediate skier and skis on 166cm K2 XR which I really like.
However, I am tall (6' / 1.83cm) but weight only 158 lbs (72kg), so by
mid-day, I find my skis rather heavy.

So this morning I went to the sale to find a pair which would be lighter.
The salesperson suggested a pair of 170 cm iC160 Lightning. I purchased
them and when I returned home I checked the Internet and found out that
these skis are for women! No purple flowers, no pink stripes.

I can still returned them since the bindings are not installed yet. So my
questions are as follow:

Can I skis with these babies since they are designed for women?

Are any men using them?

And finally, is my manhood in peril? (well, you don't have to answer this
one...)

Seriously, should I return these skis and get something else?

Thanks

Chris in Ottawa

Old July 19th 03, 09:18 PM
Alex Heney

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 20:12:54 GMT, "Chris" wrote:

Even if the ski season is a few month away, where I live, there is a big
clearance ski sale.

I am an intermediate skier and skis on 166cm K2 XR which I really like.
However, I am tall (6' / 1.83cm) but weight only 158 lbs (72kg), so by
mid-day, I find my skis rather heavy.

So this morning I went to the sale to find a pair which would be lighter.
The salesperson suggested a pair of 170 cm iC160 Lightning. I purchased
them and when I returned home I checked the Internet and found out that
these skis are for women! No purple flowers, no pink stripes.

I can still returned them since the bindings are not installed yet. So my
questions are as follow:

Can I skis with these babies since they are designed for women?

Of course.

Are any men using them?

Probably, if they are as light as you are.

Apart from graphics, the only difference in "women's" ski's is that
they are designed for lighter people.

And finally, is my manhood in peril? (well, you don't have to answer this
one...)

Almost certainly.

Any man who is concerned about whether to use things supposedly aimed
at women is definitely insecure about their manhood :-)

Seriously, should I return these skis and get something else?

I wouldn't, in your position.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Useless Invention: Hand-powered chainsaw.

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom
Old July 19th 03, 11:03 PM
Mike Yetsko

"Chris" wrote in message
.rogers.com...
[...]

Well, there probably wouldn't be an issue, but women's skis are slightly
different. It depends on the manufacture, but I was told that the balance
and flex of women's skis, at least from a few manufacturers like K2 and
Atomic, are slightly different from the men's skis.

Rossignol has a different ski for women. Some of the Cut series come
both with and without the 'L' suffix. Weight is the same, and they LOOK
the same, but they feel different. Although I don't know what the
difference really is.

With K2, they started with a 'T:Nine' which is now a whole SERIES
of skis for women. Prior to last year, I would have thought that the
T:Nine skis were just like you suspect, a bit lighter. And I even felt
that they were for 'intermediate' level skiers. But now with the T:Nine
being a whole series of skis...

Also, consider that you're on a K2 XR series already. Hardly a beginner
ski. Yes, heavy, but I think if you go to any ski that's a step down, you
won't be satisfied.

As to your manhood... Depends on how secure you are. I carry a
LadySmith 9mm... In satin finish with color coordinated grips... (Yes,
I really do. I bought it for the reason that it has safety on only the left
side which makes for a 'flatter carry' under a polo shirt, the fact that it
has a 'tapered frame', which some feel makes for a quicker draw, and
for the color, which is a satin silver with gray grips. Nothing that's a
hard 'black block' which can show as a 'smudge' under a light colored
polo shirt. I still have to deal with the mag plate being black though...
I'm thinking of trying to bleach that. S&W had so many guys buy it
that they began to offer it as the 3913-NS, for 'Non Engraved Smith'.
The LadySmith is the 3913-LS. It got listed on letter as the 3913-MS,
M being after L, but it quickly got referred to as the 'Macho Smith'
and the designation got changed. The only difference was the script
"LadySmith" laser engraved into the slide.)

Anyway, you buy what you want for YOU, not for what others say
is best for them. Back to your skis, I wouldn't worry about them
being 'women's skis' from a graphics or marketing standpoint. I would
find out WHY they are women's skis, and then decide if you want to
keep them. If in fact it is just for 'lighter' skiers, then they may
actually
be appropriate. But if there is any geometry changes, or parameter
changes like flex or stiff points, then you'll have to decide.

But again I come back to the fact that you are on XRs, and you're
going to have to go to a fairly high end aggressive ski to match the feel
you'll get there.

Mike

Old July 20th 03, 08:26 AM
InMyTree

A lady's gun? You Americans are freaking crazy.. it must be great to live
in the land of the free, where you have to consider what gun will "draw
quicker" and fit nicely under your polo..

Old July 20th 03, 02:21 PM
Mike Yetsko

"Dave Harsant" wrote in message
Not to mention whether it matches your handbag and lippy.

Naw, it just has to match your main clothes.

But you gotta make sure your bullets match your target!

Old July 20th 03, 02:23 PM
Mike Yetsko

"InMyTree" wrote in message
A lady's gun? You Americans are freaking crazy.. it must be great to live
in the land of the free, where you have to consider what gun will "draw
quicker" and fit nicely under your polo..

If you're gonna do it, do it right...

Doesn't make much sense to carry a gun that takes 10 seconds to unsnap
and get it out into use.

And if you carry concealed, it doesn't make much sense to carry a gun
that advertises that it's there.

Old July 21st 03, 03:37 AM
skibumone

Yuppie Jack-Ass--- wrote in message:
dude, you really don't want to be wanking around on stix for chix do ya?

Let me put it this
way - I'd only ride womens' skis if I was such an

Dude..... If they work for you, that's all that really matters!! Fuk what we
all think!!

I bought my x-snatch some 163 K2 4's back in the day. She only went out
ski'n a few times with me, and suck'd (not in a good way), when she did. So
after she and her shyster lawyer were done sodomizing me, I figured I would
give those purple beaut's a try. They were so light and versatile, I feel in
love with 'em. I was makin kickers and layin down stuff I hadn't in years,
their not great for the heavy crud and sierra cement, but they still rock.
They were short and light, A perfect combo!! I ski on 190 Mod X's but I
still like to give those a go.
It really comes down to why you ski....I guess if the only reason you hang
on the hill is to look good in your Bogner one piece, and suck martini's
while mocking the masses and stand on your Euro-Trash sticks, then I would
take'em back.

But if you like to rip and believe American's can make a world class Ski,
then keep 'em. And don't worry bout a chick's. Most wont be bright enough to
tell the difference, the ones that are wont care.

Tofer

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old July 21st 03, 04:42 AM
Jay Pique

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:37:27 -0700, "skibumone"
1skibumatcharterdotnet wrote:

Yuppie Jack-Ass--- wrote in message:
dude, you really don't want to be wanking around on stix for chix do ya?

Let me put it this
way - I'd only ride womens' skis if I was such an

Dude..... If they work for you, that's all that really matters!! Fuk what we
all think!!

He asked, I answered.

I bought my x-snatch some 163 K2 4's back in the day. She only went out
ski'n a few times with me, and suck'd (not in a good way), when she did. So
after she and her shyster lawyer were done sodomizing me, I figured I would
give those purple beaut's a try. They were so light and versatile, I feel in
love with 'em. I was makin kickers and layin down stuff I hadn't in years,
their not great for the heavy crud and sierra cement, but they still rock.
They were short and light, A perfect combo!! I ski on 190 Mod X's but I
still like to give those a go.
It really comes down to why you ski....I guess if the only reason you hang
on the hill is to look good in your Bogner one piece, and suck martini's
while mocking the masses and stand on your Euro-Trash sticks, then I would
take'em back.

Exactly. K2s clash with Bogner unis - try the gold plated Volants or
something really obscure that you can lie about. Also, martinis are
like totally passe dude. You'd never blend with my posse.

But if you like to rip and believe American's can make a world class Ski,
then keep 'em. And don't worry bout a chick's. Most wont be bright enough to
tell the difference, the ones that are wont care.

Wrong.

JP
Color coordinated. But not *too* color coordinated.
Old July 21st 03, 07:03 AM
InMyTree

If you're gonna do it, do it right...

Doesn't make much sense to carry a gun that takes 10 seconds to unsnap
and get it out into use.

And if you carry concealed, it doesn't make much sense to carry a gun
that advertises that it's there.

And if you feel you need to carry a gun, you either need your head read, or
you need to move..

Old July 21st 03, 12:41 PM
Mike Yetsko

"InMyTree" wrote in message
If you're gonna do it, do it right...

Doesn't make much sense to carry a gun that takes 10 seconds to unsnap
and get it out into use.

And if you carry concealed, it doesn't make much sense to carry a gun
that advertises that it's there.

And if you feel you need to carry a gun, you either need your head read,

or
you need to move..

I'm glad you can make spot qualifications on people without knowing any
of the facts. I wish I had your talent! In fact, I wish anyone that needs
to carry a gun had your talent! Then as a group we'd probably never have
to ever pull that gun!

But unfortunately, we don't. And you sure don't either!

What is the term... hooplophobe? Sorry you fit the bill!