150cm Dynastars rule!

Old December 21st 12, 05:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default 150cm Dynastars rule!

WAYYY easier to manage. I got totally wiped out at about the same time,
but was NOT wiped out for a lot longer than with my longer heavier skis.

Lovely day at Snow Summit. Nice snow (what there was of it) until it
started getting crowded and it started to get soft around noon.

I guess that has to hold me until Jan 7 when my season pass is good again.

--
Cheers, Bev
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
Old December 21st 12, 01:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 12/21/2012 1:15 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
WAYYY easier to manage. I got totally wiped out at about the same time,
but was NOT wiped out for a lot longer than with my longer heavier skis.

What kind of Dynastars? I have two pair of them, and they're about as
different as two skis can be.

For "normal" snow (i.e. squashed by the groomers so it's hard as a rock)
there's the Course Ti which has so much edge grip it's scary - you have
to work really hard to get them to slide sideways.

For soft snow there's the Legend Sultan 85 which is very easy to slarve
around - won't hold an edge for crap on normal snow, but will carve if
you want it to as long as the snow is a bit soft.

--
//Walt
Old December 22nd 12, 06:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 12/21/2012 06:48 AM, Walt wrote:

On 12/21/2012 1:15 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
WAYYY easier to manage. I got totally wiped out at about the same time,
but was NOT wiped out for a lot longer than with my longer heavier skis.

What kind of Dynastars? I have two pair of them, and they're about as
different as two skis can be.

Max 9 of uncertain age. Pretty red-orange/white stripes. $2 virgins
with recalled bindings. Best bargain in skis so far. I'm pretty
insensitive when it comes to skis -- length seems to be the only
perceived difference.

For "normal" snow (i.e. squashed by the groomers so it's hard as a rock)

You mean the GOOD kind of snow!

there's the Course Ti which has so much edge grip it's scary - you have
to work really hard to get them to slide sideways.

For soft snow there's the Legend Sultan 85 which is very easy to slarve
around - won't hold an edge for crap on normal snow, but will carve if
you want it to as long as the snow is a bit soft.

I don't have difficulty going straight or turning ever, the muscles just
give out every minute or so :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
"Arguing on the internet is like running a race in the Special

fis ski rule change down_hill Alpine Skiing 21 October 20th 11 05:26 PM
Rule #1 Alan Baker Alpine Skiing 338 June 19th 09 06:47 PM
Rule #1 The Real Bev[_4_] Alpine Skiing 1 April 25th 09 07:03 AM
Fwd: Finns Rule Gene Goldenfeld Nordic Skiing 2 March 11th 04 03:02 AM
Classical Race Rule? John Galt Nordic Skiing 3 January 21st 04 02:22 AM