Stuck in a Rut

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 25th 05, 08:07 PM
Eric

Default Stuck in a Rut

Well, I seem to be stuck in a rut, and I'm hoping to draw on the
experience of others in this group. This is my second season
snowboarding, and I don't really know where I'm at with my riding right
now.

I don't know what *level* I'm at--advanced beginner, maybe? I mostly
ride in Southern Colorado where there's pretty much always good
snow--powder, or a few inches of soft choppy stuff (what is that?), and
always good snow in the trees. I don't particularly enjoy the bigger
resorts in Summit County, due to all of the people-traffic and lines.
I primarily enjoy Blue or Blue/Black runs without either no moguls or
at least spread out, low profile bumps. I like to go fast, and I think
I can carve a decent line (my tracks are definitive, S-shape and thin).
I try keep my side-slipping to a minimum, and only when I need to
scrub speed. I enjoy riding through sparsely populated tree areas.
I'm not good at moguls or real tree runs--I'm a thin guy (6'1", 160
lbs) with a stiff, wide board. I've been hitting straight jumps and
rails the terrain park, but I enjoy finding kickers along/amongst the
trees a little more.

My question is, what next? What should I work on? It's fun to go
fast, it's fun to work on long carves when the resorts aren't crowded,
but, what else? Anyone else been stuck at this point? I know there
are a lot of experienced riders on this forum, so, what am I missing
out on?

Thanks
Eric