Help !

Old April 12th 04, 05:22 PM
nospam

Default Help !

I know, not really ski related but what the hey.....

Anyone know what the USA's stance is on refund of taxation paid for
accommodation by visiting tourists from olde England.

Cheers.

Old April 12th 04, 09:15 PM
Dave

"nospam" wrote:

I know, not really ski related but what the hey.....

Anyone know what the USA's stance is on refund of taxation paid for
accommodation by visiting tourists from olde England.

Cheers.

There's no VAT here.

Each state and some cities have their own sales tax.

No refunds for anyone that I've ever heard of.

Old April 12th 04, 09:41 PM
Dragan Cvetkovic

Dave writes:

"nospam" wrote:

I know, not really ski related but what the hey.....

Anyone know what the USA's stance is on refund of taxation paid for
accommodation by visiting tourists from olde England.

Cheers.

There's no VAT here.

Each state and some cities have their own sales tax.

No refunds for anyone that I've ever heard of.

Next time come to Canada. At least you can get GST (7%) back, and in some
provinces (Quebec, I think) you get the provincial tax back as well.

Bye, Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,

Old April 13th 04, 01:00 AM
Alex Heney

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:22:08 +0100, "nospam"
wrote:

I know, not really ski related but what the hey.....

Anyone know what the USA's stance is on refund of taxation paid for
accommodation by visiting tourists from olde England.

I would imagine it is forget it!

I don't know of any country in the world that refunds taxation paid by
visitors except on things they take out of the country with them.

If you are not taking the accommodation home with you :-) then no
chance.

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom
Old April 13th 04, 09:29 AM
Steve Haigh

wrote:

I know, not really ski related but what the hey.....

Anyone know what the USA's stance is on refund of taxation paid for
accommodation by visiting tourists from olde England.

I would imagine it is forget it!

I don't know of any country in the world that refunds taxation paid by
visitors except on things they take out of the country with them.

Canada will allow you to claim GST on accomodation as well as exported
goods.