TWTNW - 2011-2012

Old February 4th 12, 03:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

Default TWTNW - 2011-2012

The Winter That Never Was

Old February 4th 12, 04:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 02/04/2012 08:33 AM, down_hill wrote:

The Winter That Never Was

Hey, we had it here in SoCal and it's only half over!

--
Cheers, Bev
"Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level.
Old February 4th 12, 04:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Feb 4, 8:33*am, down_hill wrote:
The Winter That Never Was

Awwwwwwwwwww.. I had a great day yesterday. Crystal has almost a
hundred inches of base, sunshine and hardpack grooming. You should
come out to Utah next week, decent skiing and you can meet me in
person.
Something tells me you won't threaten violence when I'm standing in
front of you, you dickless coward.
Old February 4th 12, 05:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Feb 4, 10:39*am, The Real Bev wrote:
On 02/04/2012 08:33 AM, down_hill wrote:

The Winter That Never Was

Hey, we had it here in SoCal and it's only half over!

--
Cheers, Bev
"Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level.
* It's cheaper." * * * * * * * * *-- Quentin Crisp 1908 - 1999

I think that Denver is feeling like winter about now too.
Old February 4th 12, 05:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

The Real Bev wrote:
On 02/04/2012 08:33 AM, down_hill wrote:

The Winter That Never Was

Hey, we had it here in SoCal and it's only half over!

The groundpig was playing with bloomberg he was wearing welding gloves
and they declared winter was over.
But on the weather side it is in the forties here and the ski areas in
the nearby ring of 2 hours are not making snow and it does not look like
it will be changing that weather pattern much for the next few weeks. I
drove by Thunder ridge on the way to Ski Sundown and it looked like
april skiing with giant patches of grass
The issue being is there is not much of a base to start with.
We are heading to Greek Peak on friday and they have only run 3 days of
nastar this year and they are one ski resort that is into it and the
adult league that runs with it.
The league at Wachusett Mountain Ski mt outside of boston has at least
500 racers in the adult night league they run 2 or 3 nights a week. This
makes them a lot of money this is the kind of revenue stream you want,
these guys & gals will show up every week and fill the bar after the
event no matter what the weather is as long as you can set safe gates.
Old February 4th 12, 05:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Feb 4, 10:04*am, pigo wrote:
On Feb 4, 10:39*am, The Real Bev wrote:

On 02/04/2012 08:33 AM, down_hill wrote:

The Winter That Never Was

Hey, we had it here in SoCal and it's only half over!

--
Cheers, Bev
"Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level.
* It's cheaper." * * * * * * * * *-- Quentin Crisp 1908 - 1999

I think that Denver is feeling like winter about now too.

Good thing that the weather looks great for next Thursday at the
Canyons, and Friday at Dear Valet, and of course, Thursday night at
Temple Square. You'll be able to see me. You know, the huge guy who
is going to teach you a lesson you'll never forget. All you have to
do is call me Trunky.
What excuse are you going to use this year,
pppppppuuuuuusssssssyyyyyyy?
Let me guess. You're going to say that because you have me killfiled,
you never knew I was in Utah, right?
Of course, this sort of conflicts with the repeated brag that you have
"spies" who keep you up to date on the latest way I've humiliated you.
EMERGENCY GOLF TRIP!!!!!!
Old February 4th 12, 06:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

down_hill wrote:
The Winter That Never Was

I've only gotten 14 days in so far, before I dinged my knee a couple weeks ago.
Hopefully, I'll be back up in a couple weeks for more. We've had really good
snow here in the PNW.

Old February 4th 12, 07:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

Bob F wrote:
down_hill wrote:
The Winter That Never Was

I've only gotten 14 days in so far, before I dinged my knee a couple weeks ago.
Hopefully, I'll be back up in a couple weeks for more. We've had really good
snow here in the PNW.

I have crocus's starting to come up here in NE the water temp is in high
30's or low 40's not conducive to encourage snowmaking.

The race on thursday night was put on hold when one of the racers lost
it & hit the mid level start shack. This over an hour hold took the wind
out of the racing sails and when they shortened the course because it
was too dangerous it was time to go home a 2 hour drive is no fun if you
have broken something.

My knees get dinged the moment I put on the skis.
Old February 4th 12, 07:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

down_hill wrote:
Bob F wrote:
down_hill wrote:
The Winter That Never Was

I've only gotten 14 days in so far, before I dinged my knee a couple
weeks ago. Hopefully, I'll be back up in a couple weeks for more.
We've had really good snow here in the PNW.

I have crocus's starting to come up here in NE the water temp is in
high 30's or low 40's not conducive to encourage snowmaking.

The race on thursday night was put on hold when one of the racers lost
it & hit the mid level start shack. This over an hour hold took the
wind out of the racing sails and when they shortened the course
because it was too dangerous it was time to go home a 2 hour drive is
no fun if you have broken something.

My knees get dinged the moment I put on the skis.

This was a little more serious than that. I managed to traverse around to the
groomed run and sideslipped down the backside and caught the chair up to the
top, but it was excruciatingly painfull to put any weight on my left knee.
During the chair ride up to the ridge, I was thinking bad thoughts about trying
to ride back down to the lodge, and when the liftie at the top offered to call
the ski patrol, I opted to take my first taboggan ride down. My Doc said he
couldn't see any real damage, and sent me home with anti-inflammatories, which
seem to be helping, along with gentle exercise. I do need to strengthen up my
legs before I get back up.

Old February 4th 12, 07:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

On Feb 4, 11:04*am, pigo wrote:
On Feb 4, 10:39*am, The Real Bev wrote:

On 02/04/2012 08:33 AM, down_hill wrote:

The Winter That Never Was

Hey, we had it here in SoCal and it's only half over!

--
Cheers, Bev
"Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level.
* It's cheaper." * * * * * * * * *-- Quentin Crisp 1908 - 1999

I think that Denver is feeling like winter about now too.

Denver may have been dumped on but we didn't get anything west of the
divide. It was another upslope storm that left the mountains high and
dry.

A-Basin: 1" 24 hr - 2" 48 hr - 2" 7 days
Copper: 0" 24 hr - 1" 48 hr - 1" 7 days
Breckenridge: 1" 24 hr - 3" 48 hr - 3" 7 days
Eldora: 7" 24 hr - 31" 48 hr - 31" 7 days
Keystone: 0" 24 hr - 0" 48 hr - 0" 7 days
Loveland: 1" 24 hr - 4" 48 hr - 4" 7 days
Steamboat: 0" 24 hr - 0" 48 hr - 0" 7 days
Vail: 0" 24 hr - 1" 48 hr - 2" 7 days
Winter Park: .5" 24 hr - 1.5" 48 hr - 1.5" 7 days