Ski Canada

Old February 23rd 04, 12:04 PM
Phil

Default Ski Canada

Looking to take my family to Canada skiing for xmas 2004. Any advice
on where to go please! I have two kids 10 & 12 who only have 1 year
skiing experience. Don't want anywhere too cold but if spending a
fortune flying from UK there must be guarnteed snow.
Thanks
Old February 23rd 04, 10:31 PM
DT

Comming from the U.K., Canada's east coast offers the closest sking.
However, the best sking in Canada is at Whistler in B.C. but this doubles
your travel distance and flying costs.

Assuming that there will be good sking around Christmas on Canada's east
coast is a bit of a gamble. The best sking is at 1) Tremblant then 2) Mt
St Anne. Hate to say it, being Canadian myself, but your best bet is Jay
Peak, highest annual average snowfall. Also, Smugglers Notch is very good
and has a great family program.

om...

Old February 23rd 04, 10:46 PM
Richard Henry

"DT" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
Comming from the U.K., Canada's east coast offers the closest sking.
However, the best sking in Canada is at Whistler in B.C. but this doubles
your travel distance and flying costs.

Wasn't it Arlo Guthrie that sang about "Comin' in from London from over the
pole" on his way to Los Angeleez? Must have come pretty close to Vancouver.

"Don't touch my bags if you please..."

Courtesy of http://www.azlyrics.us/16999

Old February 23rd 04, 11:59 PM
Juan KoolDude

I agree your best bet is probably Vermont if you don't want to go
further west. But there are also a lot more choices then the ones DT
gave you, though his weren't bad. Try this link to check it out.

http://www.snocountry.com/snowclient...pe=NA_Al pine

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 23:31:15 GMT, "DT" wrote:

Comming from the U.K., Canada's east coast offers the closest sking.
However, the best sking in Canada is at Whistler in B.C. but this doubles
your travel distance and flying costs.

Assuming that there will be good sking around Christmas on Canada's east
coast is a bit of a gamble. The best sking is at 1) Tremblant then 2) Mt
St Anne. Hate to say it, being Canadian myself, but your best bet is Jay
Peak, highest annual average snowfall. Also, Smugglers Notch is very good
and has a great family program.

. com...

Old February 25th 04, 09:06 PM
Sue

In message , Juan KoolDude
writes
I agree your best bet is probably Vermont if you don't want to go
further west. But there are also a lot more choices then the ones DT
gave you, though his weren't bad. Try this link to check it out.

Distance west isn't such a big deal, because you fly over the North Pole
not east-to-west across the Atlantic, if that makes sense. So you fly
down the east coast of NA to get to Boston or Philly. Vancouver is still
further away, but not twice as far.

British package tour operators have been pushing Whistler over the last
couple of years because it's cheap, so a lot of Brits do go there.
Whether this is good or bad is up to you.

--
Sue ];(

The food's much better in the Alps