Proof of self-worth: Competent Skiing

Old September 28th 05, 08:29 PM
Jay Pique

Default Proof of self-worth: Competent Skiing

For all you incompetent skiers out there, fear not, for being a
competent skier isn't a prerequisite for having value as a human being.
It's just that if you are indeed a good skier, you have, ipso facto, a
value as a human being.

I won't bore you with the technical data, but let's just say that the
data is indisputable. On a more personal level, it appears that I'm
somewhere on par with Mother Theresa, Niels Bohr and Wayne Gretzky.

JP
*****************
Ski hard.

Old September 28th 05, 08:47 PM
Buddha

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
oups.com...
For all you incompetent skiers out there, fear not, for being a
competent skier isn't a prerequisite for having value as a human being.

Obviously. There have been some great skiers that have posted here. None
of them have ever had a word of criticism of the vileness in this ********.
Many of them have committed felonies over this newsgroup, told gross and
defamatory lies, stalked in real life, etc.
None of them, no matter what their skiing ability, has ever had the balls to
face me in person and spew their ****.

It's just that if you are indeed a good skier, you have, ipso facto, a
value as a human being.

Ridiculous statement. If you are good at recreating and having fun, you
have value?
How ludicrous.
In my world, if you are a good human being, if you contribute to more than
your own well being, you have value as a human being. Obviously, no one who
has posted here lately qualifies. Except me, of course.

I won't bore you with the technical data, but let's just say that the
data is indisputable. On a more personal level, it appears that I'm
somewhere on par with Mother Theresa, Niels Bohr and Wayne Gretzky.

It appears you're a self deluding asshole.

Old September 28th 05, 09:21 PM
Walt

Jay Pique wrote:

I won't bore you with the technical data, but let's just say that the
data is indisputable. On a more personal level, it appears that I'm
somewhere on par with Mother Theresa, Niels Bohr and Wayne Gretzky.

Let me guess: The compassion and gentleness of Gretzky, the athletic
ability of Theresa, and the sex appeal of Niels Bohr?

//Walt
Old September 28th 05, 09:41 PM
Buddha

"Walt" wrote in message
Jay Pique wrote:

I won't bore you with the technical data, but let's just say that the
data is indisputable. On a more personal level, it appears that I'm
somewhere on par with Mother Theresa, Niels Bohr and Wayne Gretzky.

Let me guess: The compassion and gentleness of Gretzky, the athletic
ability of Theresa, and the sex appeal of Niels Bohr?

The conscience of Scott Peterson?

Old September 28th 05, 10:44 PM
lal_truckee

Walt wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:

I won't bore you with the technical data, but let's just say that the
data is indisputable. On a more personal level, it appears that I'm
somewhere on par with Mother Theresa, Niels Bohr and Wayne Gretzky.

Let me guess: The compassion and gentleness of Gretzky, the athletic
ability of Theresa, and the sex appeal of Niels Bohr?

No, he means he skis like he's two thirds dead.
Old September 29th 05, 12:05 PM
Jay Pique

lal_truckee wrote:
Walt wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:

I won't bore you with the technical data, but let's just say that the
data is indisputable. On a more personal level, it appears that I'm
somewhere on par with Mother Theresa, Niels Bohr and Wayne Gretzky.

Let me guess: The compassion and gentleness of Gretzky, the athletic
ability of Theresa, and the sex appeal of Niels Bohr?

No, he means he skis like he's two thirds dead.

Bite me. Actually, given how little I've skied the past couple years
you're probably right! I really need to light a fire under my ass and
get the MS 1.0 up and running. (Mobile Shop, iteration Uno.) That
way, wherever I was, I'd be "employed".

JP
*******************
No no no - it's the THIGHS of Mother Theresa, the...

Old September 29th 05, 01:58 PM

It appears you're a self deluding asshole.

It appears you're a ****ty skier.

RSA OWNS YOU!!

Old September 29th 05, 02:30 PM
Jeff

Buddha wrote:
Ridiculous statement. If you are good at recreating and having fun, you
have value?
How ludicrous.

If you've seen the video of this guy on skis, then you'll understand
why he takes offense. If anybody could post that again, it would be
greatly appreciated...

Old October 4th 05, 04:22 PM
Jedi Tooka

On 2005-09-28 22:29:22 +0200, "Jay Pique" said:

For all you incompetent skiers out there, fear not, for being a
competent skier isn't a prerequisite for having value as a human being.
It's just that if you are indeed a good skier, you have, ipso facto, a
value as a human being.

I won't bore you with the technical data, but let's just say that the
data is indisputable. On a more personal level, it appears that I'm
somewhere on par with Mother Theresa, Niels Bohr and Wayne Gretzky.

JP
*****************
Ski hard.

It sounds more that you're on par with Larry, Curly, and Moe.
--
Jedi Tooka

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With
our thoughts, we make the world.

Tai Chi Skiing yunlong Alpine Skiing 8 December 17th 04 03:50 PM
Masters Skiing Camps Nordic Skiing Instruction Nordic Skiing 0 November 1st 04 12:47 PM
RFC - The Nordic Skiing Project the Nordic Skiing Project Nordic Skiing 2 September 24th 04 05:50 PM
Thanksgiving skiing at Vail - worth the trip? Jonna Alpine Skiing 16 November 21st 03 01:05 PM