Is skiing reverse camber-rocker tips skis cheating?

Old October 21st 10, 10:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Default Is skiing reverse camber-rocker tips skis cheating?

snowbender wrote:
On Oct 20, 5:24 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
snowbender wrote:
On Oct 20, 3:17 am, Evojeesus wrote:
http://www.tetonat.com/2009/07/is-sk...rocker-tips-sk...

The answer is no.

Nevertheless, new way for powder skiing, try teleboarding,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-HnaOGRM1Y

I don't see any powder. Please show us a video of this rig in
bottomless powder.

Well, it is actually a water skiing technique; if it works on water,
it'd work in powder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diKD08dqj0I

and more,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in1c6bB4b5M

When you have a video of this in real powder, let us know.

Old October 22nd 10, 05:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Oct 21, 3:34 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
snowbender wrote:
On Oct 20, 5:24 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
snowbender wrote:
On Oct 20, 3:17 am, Evojeesus wrote:
http://www.tetonat.com/2009/07/is-sk...rocker-tips-sk...

The answer is no.

Nevertheless, new way for powder skiing, try teleboarding,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-HnaOGRM1Y

I don't see any powder. Please show us a video of this rig in
bottomless powder.

Well, it is actually a water skiing technique; if it works on water,
it'd work in powder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diKD08dqj0I

and more,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in1c6bB4b5M

When you have a video of this in real powder, let us know.

Why? I thought you were interested in the techniques of teleboarding
in powder to improve your knowledge? Or it is prelude to your
shameless bashing again?

snowbender
Old October 22nd 10, 06:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Oct 21, 10:12 am, VtSkier wrote:
On 10/21/2010 11:18 AM, snowbender wrote:

Hers is actually only an oversized ski; the marketed teleboards are
normally wider. It looks fun; if I were not at my age I would actually
get one to play it. The spirit of Taichi Skiing is to pursue skiing
with the "simplest mean/technique/device," and I think for skiing
there's nothing simpler than teleboarding setup any more. To me, that
is an "ultimate" skiing.

The marketed teleboards that I've seen look almost
exactly like what she is on, much narrower than
conventional snowboards, and remember, when I first
saw this, REALLY WIDE skis weren't available (1998).

Actually, I'm thinking today's big fat rocker skis of a proper size
can make a nice teleboard; what a deal, buy one pair of skis and get
two teleboards.

snowbender
Old October 22nd 10, 07:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 10/22/10 11:11 AM, snowbender wrote:

Actually, I'm thinking today's big fat rocker skis of a proper size
can make a nice teleboard; what a deal, buy one pair of skis and get
two teleboards.

Careful - there have been (maybe still?) skis made with different inside
and outside arcs - don't get those if you plan to "teleboard."
Old October 22nd 10, 08:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

snowbender wrote:
On Oct 21, 3:34 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
snowbender wrote:
On Oct 20, 5:24 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
snowbender wrote:
On Oct 20, 3:17 am, Evojeesus wrote:
http://www.tetonat.com/2009/07/is-sk...rocker-tips-sk...

The answer is no.

Nevertheless, new way for powder skiing, try teleboarding,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-HnaOGRM1Y

I don't see any powder. Please show us a video of this rig in
bottomless powder.

Well, it is actually a water skiing technique; if it works on water,
it'd work in powder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diKD08dqj0I

and more,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in1c6bB4b5M

When you have a video of this in real powder, let us know.

Why? I thought you were interested in the techniques of teleboarding
in powder to improve your knowledge? Or it is prelude to your
shameless bashing again?

I asked a simple question about your claim. Can't answer it?

You said "new way for powder skiing, try teleboarding". Then you showed clips of
groomed run teleboarding. Nothing to even suggest it would work on anything
anyone here would consider powder. Certain, the board shown would dive to the
limits.

You could try real snowboarding. I assure you they work great in the powder.
Or, you could try telemarking. That certainly works superbly in the powder.
One skinny ski? Somehow, I doubt it.

How about cutting out the shameless insults, and actually answering the
question?

Old October 22nd 10, 09:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Bob F wrote:
snowbender wrote:

I asked a simple question about your claim. Can't answer it?

You said "new way for powder skiing, try teleboarding". Then you showed clips of
groomed run teleboarding. Nothing to even suggest it would work on anything
anyone here would consider powder. Certain, the board shown would dive to the
limits.

You could try real snowboarding. I assure you they work great in the powder.
Or, you could try telemarking. That certainly works superbly in the powder.
One skinny ski? Somehow, I doubt it.

How about cutting out the shameless insults, and actually answering the
question?

No he is just in to insults, as any rational explanation requires using
words with the proper meaning.
We all know how well he responds to that....

Old October 23rd 10, 02:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Oct 22, 1:50 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
snowbender wrote:
On Oct 21, 3:34 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
snowbender wrote:
On Oct 20, 5:24 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
snowbender wrote:
On Oct 20, 3:17 am, Evojeesus wrote:
http://www.tetonat.com/2009/07/is-sk...rocker-tips-sk...

The answer is no.

Nevertheless, new way for powder skiing, try teleboarding,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-HnaOGRM1Y

I don't see any powder. Please show us a video of this rig in
bottomless powder.

Well, it is actually a water skiing technique; if it works on water,
it'd work in powder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diKD08dqj0I

and more,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in1c6bB4b5M

When you have a video of this in real powder, let us know.

Why? I thought you were interested in the techniques of teleboarding
in powder to improve your knowledge? Or it is prelude to your
shameless bashing again?

I asked a simple question about your claim. Can't answer it?

I did, but you cannot face the right answer, and turned into shameless
denial, as usual, as predicted. The previous answers are still in the
plain view above your shameless denial response.

You said "new way for powder skiing, try teleboarding". Then you showed clips of
groomed run teleboarding. Nothing to even suggest it would work on anything
anyone here would consider powder. Certain, the board shown would dive to the
limits.

So you don't think this clip shows powder snow, or good powder
skiing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diKD08dqj0I

Or your little knowledge doesn't know what powder skiing is?

You could try real snowboarding. I assure you they work great in the powder.
Or, you could try telemarking. That certainly works superbly in the powder.

Been there, done that, and got pictures; nevertheless, you made the
suggestion, but do you telemark skiing?

One skinny ski? Somehow, I doubt it.

No one says it is a "skinny" ski, though still doable, why make such
retarded/illegitimate reference?

How about cutting out the shameless insults, and actually answering the
question?

Ok, I'll give you another chance, see how long you can hold your
breath without shameless intention of insults,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT_EygkFh1I

if you don't know how to read it, watch the right foot forward left
foot back stance, which is essentially the teleboarding stance.

snowbender
Old October 23rd 10, 02:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Oct 22, 2:25 pm, downhill wrote:
Bob F wrote:
snowbender wrote:

I asked a simple question about your claim. Can't answer it?

You said "new way for powder skiing, try teleboarding". Then you showed clips of
groomed run teleboarding. Nothing to even suggest it would work on anything
anyone here would consider powder. Certain, the board shown would dive to the
limits.

You could try real snowboarding. I assure you they work great in the powder.
Or, you could try telemarking. That certainly works superbly in the powder.
One skinny ski? Somehow, I doubt it.

How about cutting out the shameless insults, and actually answering the
question?

No he is just in to insults, as any rational explanation requires using
words with the proper meaning.
We all know how well he responds to that....

You gappers are truly shameless.

snowbender
Old October 23rd 10, 04:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
snowbender wrote:

On Oct 22, 1:50 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
snowbender wrote:
On Oct 21, 3:34 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
snowbender wrote:
On Oct 20, 5:24 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
snowbender wrote:
On Oct 20, 3:17 am, Evojeesus wrote:
http://www.tetonat.com/2009/07/is-sk...rocker-tips-sk.
..

[...]

You were asked to show it working in powder and you didn't.

Those are the facts.

You said "new way for powder skiing, try teleboarding". Then you showed
clips of
groomed run teleboarding. Nothing to even suggest it would work on anything
anyone here would consider powder. Certain, the board shown would dive to
the
limits.

So you don't think this clip shows powder snow, or good powder
skiing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diKD08dqj0I

No. It doesn't. It shows skiing in approximately 6 - 10 inches of loose
snow over a packed base.

Or your little knowledge doesn't know what powder skiing is?

I know that it's not simply the presence of fresh snow.

You could try real snowboarding. I assure you they work great in the
powder.
Or, you could try telemarking. That certainly works superbly in the powder.

Been there, done that, and got pictures; nevertheless, you made the
suggestion, but do you telemark skiing?

One skinny ski? Somehow, I doubt it.

No one says it is a "skinny" ski, though still doable, why make such
retarded/illegitimate reference?

How about cutting out the shameless insults, and actually answering the
question?

Ok, I'll give you another chance, see how long you can hold your
breath without shameless intention of insults,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT_EygkFh1I

if you don't know how to read it, watch the right foot forward left
foot back stance, which is essentially the teleboarding stance.

That is not powder skiing. The loose snow is only a few inches deep.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia