Flow Bindings this year?

Old October 14th 03, 12:07 AM
Tavish Muldoon

Default Flow Bindings this year?

Anyone want to comment on Flow Bindings this year?

When ever I go to a place that does not sell them, I am told they
suck. When I go to a place where they are sold, I am told they are
excellent.

I enjoy carving and the speed of boarding. Jumping - just a bit - not
half pipes for me, but if you hit a jump - take it. That sort of
boarding.

Are Flow binding good? And with what sort of boots?

Thanks,

tmuld.
Old October 15th 03, 05:00 PM
james sturgeon

i think flow bindings are good, easy to set up and easy to use.boarded in st
anton in feb and a lot of people were using them.
om...

Old November 2nd 03, 03:09 PM
Edward Arata

Bought a set of Flows last year, and haven't looked back since.
Had used traditional strapins and wore myself out trying to bend over and
strap in each time. Also had used K2 Clickers, but they tend to pack up
with snow to much and you still have to bend down all the way to the board
to lock them in. Have heard that flows provide better support for those
with larger feet, have 13s myself so this is not a prob. Just make sure you
take your boots when you go to buy them. Also NOTE** the only thing you
want to look for with boots is the the heel is rounded. If you have a set
of boots that are sqaure in the back, you may have problems getting out of
the flows. The back will stick on the boot heel and not fold down. I had
this problem, I just trimmed the back off my Airwalk boots.

The rear entry triangle design is genius in my opinion. Have since bought
myself a set of mittens instead of gloves since you no longer need the
fingers! Can clip in on the lift if not packed and is easier than with K2
Clickers, also can exit lift with rear foot on pad, step in on the move,
clip in with one hand, and keep going. I watch skiers gape as I go slidding
by! Went last year with 5 friends, all with strapins and one with Clickers,
ended up waiting for all them most of the time. Get yourself a set, they
are the very nice. I bought a low end set for 130 bucks and they work fine,
although if you have the cast buy a nice set with the Carbon fiber just to
save weight. My sister is buying set this year and found one of last years
sets 350$ for 150$ this year. So check the net.

Big Foot Ed

Old December 2nd 03, 03:20 AM
Waco Paco

Edward Arata wrote:
[...]

I'm not so sure about Flows... I tried my friend's once and I found that
the low end Bindings were a little too flexy and not as responsive as my
technines. Plus I don't think the price is that good. the top model can
easily be twice as much as a pro model in technine's lineup. Well I got
the M.F. Montoyas and the toe strap is wicked. I'd take 2 pairs of those
over any flows.