Colorado in late january with a 1 year old

Old December 8th 03, 05:26 AM
Charles Fineman

Default Colorado in late january with a 1 year old

My wife is giving a talk in boulder in late January so we are talking about spending a long weekend skiing at one of the front-range resorts. The key issue is that we would be with our 1 year old daughter. I've heard that some of the resorts offer childcare services and we were toying with the idea of leaving her with one of those for the morning so we could spend some of our time skiing together (rather than doing the old ski-jacket switcharoo).

Do folks have any experiences good or bad or any specific recommendations with the various resorts as far as child-care services go? For what it's worth, we are both telemarkers... she does blues and greens, I do blacks and blues so to the extent you can work that in to you advice... so much the better! :-)

For bonus points, we would love to take the baby out on a gentle ski tour (mild rollers ok but I don't want to risk anything more challenging). If you have any recommendations along that line... well... we will consider naming our second born after you :-)

Old December 8th 03, 02:42 PM
Chester Bullock

Since you are going to be in Boulder, you may want to check out Eldora.
It is close by and can be a fun little mountain. http://www.eldora.com

Don't name your second child after me. It was a really tough name to
grow up with...

Charles Fineman wrote:

My wife is giving a talk in boulder in late January so we are talking
[snip]

--
Chester Bullock,
Chester's Guide to Skiing Colorado (Being redeveloped soon, I promise!)

Old December 9th 03, 04:30 PM
Charles Fineman

Heh... that's why I left the out (she's probably going to be an only-child anyway so the theoretical sibling is safe ;-)

Thanks for the suggestion of Eldora. Since I've only skied CO once (spring skiing at steamboat with marginal conditions) I actually want to check out one of the bigger resorts. My guess is that they are all pretty similar in terms of the kinds of child services they provide but I thought I would ask anyway.