Loveland opens today!

Old October 16th 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

Default Loveland opens today!

They got about a foot of snow from the storm this weekend.
snoig

Old October 16th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

snoig wrote:
They got about a foot of snow from the storm this weekend.
snoig

Bite me.
Old October 17th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

On Oct 16, 8:37 am, snoig wrote:
They got about a foot of snow from the storm this weekend.
snoig

Looks nice. I think it'd be worth taking the rock skis up for some
turns. Winter is here!
--
Marty

Old October 17th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Sam Seiber

Marty wrote:
Looks nice. I think it'd be worth taking the rock skis up for some
turns. Winter is here!
--
Marty

You don't need rock skis at Loveland. It is when they open runs that
have
just natural snow you might have to worry about rocks. The runs with
the home made snow are just fine for brand new skis. Really!

Sam "I Ski Loveland" Seiber
Old October 18th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

On Oct 17, 4:58 pm, Sam Seiber wrote:
Marty wrote:
Looks nice. I think it'd be worth taking the rock skis up for some
turns. Winter is here!
--
Marty

You don't need rock skis at Loveland. It is when they open runs that
have
just natural snow you might have to worry about rocks. The runs with
the home made snow are just fine for brand new skis. Really!

Sam "I Ski Loveland" Seiber

This is true. Snow depth at Loveland and A-Basin are both around
18". I haven't been yet but I here the coverage is great, no rocks at
all. If you are there on the weekends, the only reason to bring rock
skis would be so you don't care when the tops get run over because of
the crowds.

snoig

Old October 19th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Sam Seiber

snoig wrote:
This is true. Snow depth at Loveland and A-Basin are both around
18". I haven't been yet but I here the coverage is great, no rocks at
all. If you are there on the weekends, the only reason to bring rock
skis would be so you don't care when the tops get run over because of
the crowds.

snoig

I plan on hitting Loveland Saturday. I hope to have my first of the
season web site update done by Sunday. (http://www.iskico.com)

For what I saw last week, A-Basin really cheated. The run was mighty
narrow at the top and bottom of the lift. The snow was NOT as wide as
the maze at the loading zone. A bit of a cheat I say. At least
Loveland makes enough snow so things are wide enough. So, take that
A-Basin early opening with a grain or two of salt, unless you and
the other 1,000 of you like 10' wide runs.

Sam "Headin' to my Beloved this weekend" Seiber
Old October 19th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

On Oct 19, 9:22 am, Sam Seiber wrote:
snoig wrote:
[...]

Maybe so but A-Basin should have 3 ways down this weekend. Ramrod,
High Noon and whatever the green trail is. It should have more
terrain than Loveland but more crowds too. It's been snowing a little
bit each night for the last few days but we will have a warm up today
and tomorrow with more snow coming on Sunday.

Keystone was making snow when I left work yesterday. Breckenridge was
supposed to start making snow but I heard it was too windy last
night. After Saturday it should be pretty good snowmaking weather
for a few days at least.

Old October 19th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Sam Seiber

snoig wrote:
Maybe so but A-Basin should have 3 ways down this weekend. Ramrod,
High Noon and whatever the green trail is. It should have more
terrain than Loveland but more crowds too. It's been snowing a little
bit each night for the last few days but we will have a warm up today
and tomorrow with more snow coming on Sunday.

Good news about A-Basin. Their lines have been silly long for the
last two days. Drop some snow, and watch the snow riders crawl out
of the woodwork. For what I can see on the A-Basin webcam, the maze
looks full width, and full. Lift line looks better than 1/2 hour
long. Loveland isn't pointing the camera to the maze, but looking
on their cam, as well as Channel 9, Homerun doesn't look all that
busy. I will be learning more tommorrow.

Keystone was making snow when I left work yesterday. Breckenridge was
supposed to start making snow but I heard it was too windy last
night. After Saturday it should be pretty good snowmaking weather
for a few days at least.

I really got into riding trains this summer. It sure helped it fly
by. I still am having trouble with it being ski season "already".
I wouldn't mind one more ride on a narrow guage. Maybe I will have
to try the Cog railroad sometime this winter.

Sam "Now a Friend of the Cumbres & Toltec railroad" Seiber
Old October 20th 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

ups.com...
Marty wrote:
Looks nice. I think it'd be worth taking the rock skis up for some
turns. Winter is here!
--
Marty

You don't need rock skis at Loveland. It is when they open runs that
have
just natural snow you might have to worry about rocks. The runs with
the home made snow are just fine for brand new skis. Really!

Sam "I Ski Loveland" Seiber

This is true. Snow depth at Loveland and A-Basin are both around
18". I haven't been yet but I here the coverage is great, no rocks at
all. If you are there on the weekends, the only reason to bring rock
skis would be so you don't care when the tops get run over because of
the crowds.

This is good news.

Thanks!
--