Injuries Really Really Suck

Old July 2nd 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Vincent Walker

Default Injuries Really Really Suck

I've finally done it. My fat ass is injured from work. Three bulging lumbar
discs and sciatica in both legs. I've got a MRI scheduled next week. At work
on Friday-an orthopedic surgeon took one look at me and wrote me the MRI
prescription on the spot. Maybe I need a Lever Action 30.06 and start
shooting out neighbors' porch lights.

Old July 2nd 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 16:37:58 GMT, vincent walker
wrote this crap:

I've finally done it. My fat ass is injured from work. Three bulging lumbar
discs and sciatica in both legs. I've got a MRI scheduled next week.

My heart bleeds for you. I've had two MRIs, three EMGs, and a CAT
scan, over the last five years. The only thing that doctors can give
me to stop the pain is percocets.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old July 2nd 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

wrote this crap:

I've finally done it. My fat ass is injured from work. Three bulging lumbar
discs and sciatica in both legs. I've got a MRI scheduled next week.

My heart bleeds for you. I've had two MRIs, three EMGs, and a CAT
scan, over the last five years. The only thing that doctors can give
me to stop the pain is percocets.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."

That explains a lot!. If you really want to forget about that pain 1.)
take off your right shoe 2.) take a hefty claw hammer 3.) Proceed to
bash your big toe three or four times with said hammer. That way you
won't need to take percocet to ease the other pain.

Old July 3rd 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

wrote this crap:

I've finally done it. My fat ass is injured from work. Three bulging lumbar
discs and sciatica in both legs. I've got a MRI scheduled next week.

My heart bleeds for you. I've had two MRIs, three EMGs, and a CAT
scan, over the last five years. The only thing that doctors can give
me to stop the pain is percocets.

Percocet, eh? Wasn't that what Sonny Bono was on when he tried to do
his lumberjack thing?

//Walt
//
// yes, there's an obski here
Old July 3rd 07, 06:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

vincent walker wrote:

I've finally done it. My fat ass is injured from work. Three bulging lumbar
discs and sciatica in both legs. I've got a MRI scheduled next week. At work
on Friday-an orthopedic surgeon took one look at me and wrote me the MRI
prescription on the spot. Maybe I need a Lever Action 30.06 and start
shooting out neighbors' porch lights.

Ouch! A friend who nearly had a double hip replacement said the surgeon who
clipped his piriformis muscle (which solved the problem) told him to avoid
surgery if you possibly can. Good luck!

--
Cheers, Bev
================================

Old July 3rd 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bdubya

wrote this crap:

I've finally done it. My fat ass is injured from work. Three bulging lumbar
discs and sciatica in both legs. I've got a MRI scheduled next week.

My heart bleeds for you. I've had two MRIs, three EMGs, and a CAT
scan, over the last five years. The only thing that doctors can give
me to stop the pain is percocets.

Join the club. I had one MRI ten years back which confirmed what the
chiro had already diagnosed - L4 badly herniated, L5 completely
ruptured, like somebody stomped a baked potato.

Never went surgical; some daily stretching and fairly regular exercise
(mostly just weights) keeps it under control nicely (so I can devote
my drug use to recreation instead).

bw
Old July 3rd 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_5_]

vincent walker wrote:
I've finally done it. My fat ass is injured from work. Three bulging
lumbar discs and sciatica in both legs. I've got a MRI scheduled next
week. At work on Friday-an orthopedic surgeon took one look at me and
wrote me the MRI prescription on the spot. Maybe I need a Lever
Action 30.06 and start shooting out neighbors' porch lights.

Got the bulging discs in the 80s (and had OA before they worked out what it
was). All OK now (still there, but OK, although changing tyres on my 4WD
this weekend reminded me that it's still there).
What's ****ing me off is the achilles tendon I tore jumping up from my desk
to deal with suspected peanut in my sandwich in October. Taught 5 months in
the US with the thing (which re tore if I bottomed out on a bump, or
scuttled across the road to get the bus) and now I'm procrastinating about
giving the surgeon the OK to book a surgery date. Did some intensive physio
on it before heading to the US, and it seems to have paid dividends
(weighted heel-drops). Dunno what to do. OTOH, I have chronic achilles
tendonosis (NOT tendonitis) so the other one's just waiting to go. Should
have them fixed. I hate surgery. Hate those horrible blood drains they put
in.. hate getting them out. Hate throwing up when you wake up. Yuck. Hate
surgery.

Sciatica is a bummer, especially when you hope to sleep. Mine's under
control, thanks to a very talented physio (using a range of things including
nerve pressure points and a brutal gym regime), but saggy mattresses (or
****ing futons) flare it up very quickly. Take some good ear protectors
for the MRI (3M make good ones). And a magazine... damn thing goes on for
ages.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy:

Old July 3rd 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_5_]

wrote this crap:

I've finally done it. My fat ass is injured from work. Three
bulging lumbar discs and sciatica in both legs. I've got a MRI
scheduled next week.

My heart bleeds for you. I've had two MRIs, three EMGs, and a CAT
scan, over the last five years. The only thing that doctors can give
me to stop the pain is percocets.

Percocet, eh? Wasn't that what Sonny Bono was on when he tried to do
his lumberjack thing?

for some reason, I'm thinking they are pills you put up your bum.

Old July 3rd 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_5_]

The Real Bev wrote:
vincent walker wrote:

I've finally done it. My fat ass is injured from work. Three bulging
lumbar discs and sciatica in both legs. I've got a MRI scheduled
next week. At work on Friday-an orthopedic surgeon took one look at
me and wrote me the MRI prescription on the spot. Maybe I need a
Lever Action 30.06 and start shooting out neighbors' porch lights.

Ouch! A friend who nearly had a double hip replacement said the
surgeon who clipped his piriformis muscle (which solved the problem)
told him to avoid surgery if you possibly can. Good luck!

Yep. Back surgery is the very, very last resort. My doctor (in the 80s, I
was in my 20s! and he was a sports doctor, too) was veering to that when
everything else failed to work... spinal fusion. Luckily the physio told me
the go... never have that until you are very old, very crippled and on the
point of suicide.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy:
I'm borrowing that of the latest
scammer/spammer

Calf Injuries? Mike M. Miskulin Snowboarding 6 March 17th 07 12:02 PM
Arizona is the suck Chad Snowboarding 3 January 20th 06 04:20 PM
head injuries pose low risk of brain injuries Jeff Potter Nordic Skiing 19 August 31st 04 01:05 PM
Alpine injuries lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 2 April 25th 04 07:42 PM
Ski Websites that Suck Walt Alpine Skiing 79 February 13th 04 06:43 PM