Tom Clancy

Old October 3rd 13, 03:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

Default Tom Clancy

Quite a surprise. No one seems to know the cause of death, which is odd also.

Does anyone else think he looked like you-know-who? I always thought so; the head shape and the goggle eyes are so similar. See below. Plus the same obsession with the military, without having served in it. Of course, a much more talented and successful version of same...

Dave

http://cdn01.cdnwp.celebuzz.com/wp-c...y-781x1024.jpg

http://www.biography.com/imported/im...2178-1-402.jpg

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/i...Tom_Clancy.jpg
Old October 3rd 13, 04:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:00:40 PM UTC-7, Dave Stallard wrote:
Quite a surprise. No one seems to know the cause of death, which is odd also.

Does anyone else think he looked like you-know-who? I always thought so; the head shape and the goggle eyes are so similar. See below. Plus the same obsession with the military, without having served in it. Of course, a much more talented and successful version of same...

Dave

http://cdn01.cdnwp.celebuzz.com/wp-c...y-781x1024.jpg

http://www.biography.com/imported/im...2178-1-402.jpg

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/i...Tom_Clancy.jpg

His first few books were suspenseful, skillfully written, and the tech was right on the edge of classified.

His last few books were ghost-written potboilers.
Old October 3rd 13, 01:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 9:00:40 PM UTC-6, Dave Stallard wrote:
Quite a surprise. No one seems to know the cause of death, which is odd also.

Does anyone else think he looked like you-know-who? I always thought so; the head shape and the goggle eyes are so similar. See below. Plus the same obsession with the military, without having served in it. Of course, a much more talented and successful version of same...

Dave

http://cdn01.cdnwp.celebuzz.com/wp-c...y-781x1024.jpg

http://www.biography.com/imported/im...2178-1-402.jpg

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/i...Tom_Clancy.jpg

Almost half the pictures I've seen of him he is smoking a cigarette so it's really not hard to guess the cause of death.
Old October 3rd 13, 02:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 9:00:40 PM UTC-6, Dave Stallard wrote:

I quite enjoyed his books. Hadn't read any lately. But he was knowledgeable, successful, and from interviews I'd seen, personable. No. Nothing at all like you know who.

I did wonder about his look though. He never looked like the picture of health. And not in the realm of the flu or so. But in a more long term, lifelong health problem.

Old October 3rd 13, 03:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 10:17:18 AM UTC-4, pigo wrote:
On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 9:00:40 PM UTC-6, Dave Stallard wrote:

I quite enjoyed his books. Hadn't read any lately. But he was knowledgeable, successful, and from interviews I'd seen, personable. No. Nothing at all like you know who.

Height and build similar though 6'2".

I did wonder about his look though. He never looked like the picture of health. And not in the realm of the flu or so. But in a more long term, lifelong health problem.

Yes, like diabetes or something. But they said "after a brief illness". Well, all that stuff adds up.

Anyway, I just bought "The Hunt for Red October" for my kindle.

Dave

Old October 3rd 13, 04:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 8:41:50 AM UTC-7, Dave Stallard wrote:
On Thursday, October 3, 2013 10:17:18 AM UTC-4, pigo wrote:

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 9:00:40 PM UTC-6, Dave Stallard wrote:

I quite enjoyed his books. Hadn't read any lately. But he was knowledgeable, successful, and from interviews I'd seen, personable. No. Nothing at all like you know who.

Height and build similar though 6'2".

I did wonder about his look though. He never looked like the picture of health. And not in the realm of the flu or so. But in a more long term, lifelong health problem.

Yes, like diabetes or something. But they said "after a brief illness". Well, all that stuff adds up.

Anyway, I just bought "The Hunt for Red October" for my kindle.

Dave

When Hunt for Red October came out, I was working at a place that built specialized sonar equipment for US Navy submarines and laboratories. We had a retired master chief sonarman working there as a marketer and technical adviser. His first comment when he read the book was - "He's going to jail". However, the book was published by Naval Institute Press, an organization closely aligned with the Naval Academy, so every detail was supposedly reviewed by a panel of experts who only allowed in things that were already public knowledge, even if it was pretty obscure knowledge.

We had our own little secret leak scare - some of our machines were hooked up to electrographic recorders that produced a paper record of the output of the sonar analyzer. We had a secret tape recorded from a sonobuoy dropped by a P3 aircraft harassing a Soviet submarine, and we were trying to optimize the output on the paper chart to assist analysts in similar situations.. You could see the noises made by the sub's engines and control surfaces, tell when they sped up and slowed down, get a rough estimate of its depth, and determine its closest point of approach to the sonobuoy, which when triangulated among several allowed the P3 tactical officer to pinpoint the sub's location. The manufacturer's representative for the chart-recorder company got a copy of one run and put it in one their ads to show how good their machine was - OOPS! I still have a clipping of that ad somewhere in my files.
Old October 3rd 13, 05:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 9:41:50 AM UTC-6, Dave Stallard wrote:

Height and build similar though 6'2".

Yeah? I really only even think of trunky when I check in here. It never crossed my mind.

Yes, like diabetes or something. But they said "after a brief illness". Well, all that stuff adds up.

Yeah. Maybe even something more serious? But the resources your body uses to fight those things just makes you more vulnerable to everything else.

Anyway, I just bought "The Hunt for Red October" for my kindle.

Good book! I read that on my first trip to Europe in 1990 or so. To France as a chaperone for the Park City / Courchevelle sister city, student exchange.

Old October 3rd 13, 09:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 3 Oct 2013 14:29:55 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

Holy ****. Are you really so desperate, so pathetic, so dishonest
that you compare me to a right wing asshole like Clancy?
Why do I ask?
Though I will admit I have a kewl leather flight jacket,
just like the one he wears on his book covers.

Where did you steal it?

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old October 4th 13, 01:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 3:29:55 PM UTC-6, twobuddha wrote:
Holy ****. Are you really so desperate, so pathetic, so dishonest that you compare me to a right wing asshole like Clancy?

Why do I ask?

Though I will admit I have a kewl leather flight jacket, just like the one he wears on his book covers.

So where have you been Trunk Butt? Do you actually need to go out and panhandle this week since the food stamp office is closed?
Old October 6th 13, 03:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sunday, October 6, 2013 12:12:55 AM UTC-5, twobuddha wrote:
On Friday, October 4, 2013 6:55:26 AM UTC-7, wrote:

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 3:29:55 PM UTC-6, twobuddha wrote:

Holy ****. Are you really so desperate, so pathetic, so dishonest that you compare me to a right wing asshole like Clancy?

Why do I ask?

Though I will admit I have a kewl leather flight jacket, just like the one he wears on his book covers.

So where have you been Trunk Butt? Do you actually need to go out and panhandle this week since the food stamp office is closed?

How pathetic. How laughable. You're off your meds again.

FYI, Been in Santa Fe visiting friends and playing tourist. Had a ****ing blast. Skiing sucked.

Liar.

There's not even a dusting on the ground at Santa Fe, although they're running the lifts. Skiing could not have "sucked" unless you were skiing on bare dirt. The only snow they have right now is the kind you put up your nose.

Santa Fe snow report:
174.21.221.178

Santa Fe weather forecast:
http://vertical.skisantafe.com/wap/wx.html

Santa Fe webcam:
http://skisantafe.com/index.php?page=webcam

Post a photo showing you on the square, holding a copy of today's newspaper.

And the IP address in that email resolves to Monroe LA. You did a better job spoofing the last time you posted your lies.