New skis on Kickstarter

Old September 25th 13, 08:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default New skis on Kickstarter

On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:16:08 PM UTC-7, The Real Bev wrote:
On 09/25/2013 09:34 AM, pigo wrote:

On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 8:27:33 AM UTC-6,

wrote:

I agree, keep your religious symbols to yourself and your church. I

would never buy any products with crosses, crescents, star of david

or whatever. I don't care how good the skis are.

I didn't see a religious reference there. But anyway, don't forget

the fish. I don't buy things are go to stores that use that as part

of their logo or show it in any fashion.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2034/...ae6_z.jpg?zz=1

Along with pirates, the linuxfish is beloved of the Flying Spaghetti

Monster, may his Noodly Tentacle be with you.

--

Cheers, Bev

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lottery: the closest thing we have to

a tax on stupidity.

Is the Flying Spaghetti Monster church Christian?

(Sorry - debate leakage from another website, where the question of the moment is whether Mormons are Christians)
Old September 25th 13, 10:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 09/25/2013 01:09 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2034/...ae6_z.jpg?zz=1

Along with pirates, the linuxfish is beloved of the Flying Spaghetti
Monster, may his Noodly Tentacle be with you.

Is the Flying Spaghetti Monster church Christian?

No. We are Pastafarians.

(Sorry - debate leakage from another website, where the question of
the moment is whether Mormons are Christians)

Your ignorance may be forgiven, even if you had previously been made
aware of his Noodly Magnificence. The Flying Spaghetti Monster, unlike
many of the spurious deities, requires nothing of His adherents other
than a proper respect for pirates, although certain ceremonial headgear
is favored. Had you joined some of your fellow skiers on Facebook you
would also be aware of certain official ceremonies held earlier this
year as well as other interesting information. Come, join us.

The gospels may be found he

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
http://www.venganza.org/

--
Cheers, Bev
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old September 25th 13, 11:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:55:37 PM UTC-6, TelemarkJan wrote:

I had no idea this would create a religious debate ! I guess we in

Canada tend to be a little sheltered from the real world! The idea for

the brand came from a friend saying "the mountain is our temple" and we

just ran with that. I apologize in advance if any of the symbols are

offensive! Wow this really an eye opener for me!

It seems a little silly, I mean we drive VW's and they were associated

with the nazis not too long ago. I must apologize as I never intended to

associate the skis with any religious / political / or world views.

Well the Nazi's were also "Social Democrats" and practitioners of social engineering. Who'd of thought that the same beliefs could get elected here? Twice even!

Old September 25th 13, 11:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 2:09:21 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Did you look at their graphics? Every ski and their logo has a cross on it. Have you ever read a history book that mentions the Knights Templar? Just the word Templar is a religious reference.

Ptah.

My oft-mentioned and now long-lamented Volant 195s had a cross on them -- the letter "T" in the logo. All this stuff about faith-based graphics is spurious bull****.

Although -- if you like Satanic-themed graphics the way that the knuckle-dragging snowboarders do, then you have to acknowledge both sides of the street -- heaven AND hell -- otherwise, both are meaningless. And regardless of the hatred you feel for either side, unless you acknowledge both sides, your hatred is meaningless and wasted.

Which adds a whole new dimension to islamic jihad. For the Islamists to hate Christians enough to want to kill them, the Islamists have to acknowledge and recognize Christianity as a true and valid faith.

Not that any of that really impacts skiing, except maybe that I want to learn how to snowboard almost as well as I can ski so that I can hate snowboarders even more, and with a true passion.

"Hold your friends close, and your enemies closer." -- Niccolo Machiavelli

Jim in Texas
Old September 26th 13, 08:06 AM
TelemarkJan TelemarkJan is offline
Junior Member

Location: Canada

why did we not think of that! would have saved me so much time!!!
Old September 26th 13, 02:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

One thing for sure, you'll never get close to me.

Well that's true. Besides the fact that I wouldn't cross the street to **** on you if you were on fire. There's also the fact that you hide and run away. COPPER!!!!!

Old September 26th 13, 02:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:55:37 PM UTC-6, TelemarkJan wrote:
'pigo[_2_ Wrote:

;175751']On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 8:27:33 AM UTC-6,

wrote:

-

[...]

TelemarkJan

To a large portion of the worlds population the word Templar has similar connotations to the word Nazi. War, conquest, world domination, wiping out entire cultures and civilizations. Now you wouldn't name your company Naziskis. Why would you want to alienate large segments of the public? Granted, there may not be many skiers in that demographic but there are still plenty of people who do ski who would never buy products with religious symbols on them.

If you never intended to associate the skis with any religious views, why is there a cross on every pair of skis? It seems you didn't really think this through. Maybe what you really need is some professional marketing help.
Old September 26th 13, 02:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:41:30 PM UTC-6, wrote:
[...]

Where do you come up with hatred because I won't buy products with religious symbols on them? Sounds like more christian persecution complex to me. And last I checked, satanic symbols are religious symbols. So I really don't know what you are babbling on about.
Old September 26th 13, 02:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:21:04 AM UTC-6, TelemarkJan wrote:
Letting everyone know there are some new skis on kickstarter - I would

love your feedback - Just as an intro, I have been working on this for

the last 2 years, and some of the modeling technology I applied was

invented in the manufacturing of a medical device - I decided to use it

in the design process of my skis. They are a bamboo / poplar / paulowina

core and carbon fiber setup. We modeled the entire setup and tweaked the

design and cores until we got our current prototypes.

I have launched a Kickstarter campaign with tons of info on them

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...7/templar-skis

Shipping is worldwide - so I figured I should let everyone know.

I will try to answer any questions you guys may have I really want to be

open about the whole project; so if you have any questions or comments

they will be super welcomed, even the silly ones (I am a telemarker so I

do get quite a few of those regardless).

|Filename: Faebook_cover_2.jpg |

|Download: http://www.skibanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24 |

TelemarkJan

It looks like that rounded tail would be hard to keep skin on. A small indent might be a good idea.