2013

Old September 12th 13, 05:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default 2013

On 2013-09-12 03:54:13 +0000, Alan Baker said:

Michael Crichton

Which is funny, given he didn't believe in Anthropogenic Global Warming.

Belief has nothing to do with it.
Old September 12th 13, 09:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

On 2013-09-12 03:54:13 +0000, Alan Baker said:

Michael Crichton

Which is funny, given he didn't believe in Anthropogenic Global Warming.

Belief has nothing to do with it.

Precisely.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old September 12th 13, 09:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_3_]

On 2013-09-12 03:54:13 +0000, Alan Baker said:

Michael Crichton

Which is funny, given he didn't believe in Anthropogenic Global Warming.

Belief has nothing to do with it.

Precisely.

Amazing that nobody mentions that while the Arctic ice cover has been at
record lows, there have been record highs in the Antarctic.

Or the inconvenient truth that there has been no increase in temperature
for over 17 years now, completely invalidating all the models.
Old September 12th 13, 01:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:37:13 PM UTC-6, comadrejo wrote:

So do YOUR part. Don't drive. Don't have kids. Don't heat YOUR house. You can walk to the store, buy food that won't perish, and wrap yourself in a blanket to eat it.......cold. Right?

Old September 12th 13, 01:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

A point that will escape them Alan.

Old September 12th 13, 01:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:26:01 AM UTC-6, BrritSki wrote:

Amazing that nobody mentions that while the Arctic ice cover has been at
record lows, there have been record highs in the Antarctic.

Ok. Wait a minute. Didn't the article I posted say that the Arctic had grown by 60%. Befuddling some travel through the NW Passage this summer? I'm aware of the Antarctic growth as well.

Or the inconvenient truth that there has been no increase in temperature
for over 17 years now, completely invalidating all the models.

One has to consider that the "models" were constructed with a result in mind and have no bearing in the real world. Once it was discovered that the temp. readings were being taken during a time when nearby machinery would produce the desired outcome it all fell to pieces. Well there's that and the emails of them talking about manipulating the data. OH! And the billions they've made off of suckers that buy this ****.
Old September 12th 13, 02:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:53:27 -0700 (PDT), pigo
wrote this crap:

I don't care if you "believe" it or not. Or anyone else for that matter.
Without "believing" I personally have done more to combat
it than ANYONE that has children.

I'm with you 100% I don't have children and I ride a bicycle
everyday. When I'm not riding a bicycle I'm driving a golf cart.

BTW, the Earth has been warming for 12,000 years. My property was
once covered by hundreds of feet of ice. I don't think we had
anything to do with that.

Quick! Read this before someone else does.
Old September 12th 13, 02:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 06:35:16 -0700 (PDT), pigo
wrote this crap:

On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:37:13 PM UTC-6, comadrejo wrote:

So do YOUR part. Don't drive. Don't have kids. Don't heat
YOUR house. You can walk to the store, buy food that
won't perish, and wrap yourself in a blanket to eat it.......cold. Right?

But how do I keep my beer cold?

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old September 12th 13, 02:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 20:54:13 -0700, Alan Baker
wrote this crap:

" I want to pause here and talk about this notion of consensus, and the
rise of what has been called consensus science. I regard consensus
science as an extremely pernicious development that ought to be stopped
cold in its tracks. Historically, the claim of consensus has been the
first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that
the matter is already settled. Whenever you hear the consensus of
scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because
you're being had.

Let's be clear: the work of science has nothing whatever to do with
consensus. Consensus is the business of politics. Science, on the
contrary, requires only one investigator who happens to be right, which
means that he or she has results that are verifiable by reference to the
real world. In science consensus is irrelevant. What is relevant is
reproducible results. The greatest scientists in history are great
precisely because they broke with the consensus.

There is no such thing as consensus science. If it's consensus, it isn't
science. If it's science, it isn't consensus. Period. "

Michael Crichton

Consensus science said the Earth was flat, man couldn't fly, and the
moon was made of cheese.

Today we have GPS satellites orbiting the Earth, monkeys fly out of
people's butts and man has walked on the moon.

Quick! Read this before someone else does.
Old September 12th 13, 03:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

On 2013-09-12 03:54:13 +0000, Alan Baker said:

Michael Crichton

Which is funny, given he didn't believe in Anthropogenic Global
Warming.

Belief has nothing to do with it.

Precisely.

Amazing that nobody mentions that while the Arctic ice cover has been
at record lows, there have been record highs in the Antarctic.

Or the inconvenient truth that there has been no increase in
temperature for over 17 years now, completely invalidating all the
models.

Only if you ignore the oceans, where most of the warming is going. Just watch
what happens when the next big el-nino years happens.
http://blogs.rgj.com/factchecker/201...n-past-decade/
The quoted study:
http://www.aussmc.org/documents/wait...al-cooling.pdf

Or, you can keep listening to the Koch brothers propaganda.
http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/en/cam...ch-industries/

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...limate-debate/

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...ktanks-network

http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...e-8466312.html

If these denialists are wrong, and have their way, what is this planet going to
be like for your grandchildren? Do you care?