Two more months of waiting

Old September 5th 13, 02:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Two more months of waiting

In just over 2 months, snow should be starting to fall in Colorado. Renewed my Summit County - Keystone, A-Basin and Breckenridge pass yesterday, so raring to go!
Old September 15th 13, 06:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 12:01:51 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha
wrote:

On Wednesday, September 4, 2013 7:15:54 PM UTC-7, wrote:
In just over 2 months, snow should be starting to fall in Colorado. Renewed my Summit County - Keystone, A-Basin and Breckenridge pass yesterday, so raring to go!

I'm just waiting for gear. One of my old rep buddies sent me a famous make ski jacket, my color and size, all the bells and whistles. It's a second, damned if I can find a flaw. Cost me fifty bucks. Matching pants to follow. As if I needed ANOTHER ski outfit. Can't wait to take it out.
Park City for Sundance. Aspen. Whistler. Sun Valley. Schweitzer and the Canuck areas above the border. That's the plan this year.

they make 5X ski gear?
Old September 16th 13, 04:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

wrote:

On Wednesday, September 4, 2013 7:15:54 PM UTC-7, wrote:

In just over 2 months, snow should be starting to fall in Colorado. Renewed my Summit County - Keystone, A-Basin and Breckenridge pass yesterday, so raring to go!

I'm just waiting for gear. One of my old rep buddies sent me a famous make ski jacket, my color and size, all the bells and whistles. It's a second, damned if I can find a flaw. Cost me fifty bucks. Matching pants to follow. As if I needed ANOTHER ski outfit. Can't wait to take it out.

Park City for Sundance. Aspen. Whistler. Sun Valley. Schweitzer and the Canuck areas above the border. That's the plan this year.

they make 5X ski gear?

That was the manufacturing defect.
Old September 16th 13, 05:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

wrote:

On Wednesday, September 4, 2013 7:15:54 PM UTC-7, wrote:

In just over 2 months, snow should be starting to fall in Colorado.. Renewed my Summit County - Keystone, A-Basin and Breckenridge pass yesterday, so raring to go!

I'm just waiting for gear. One of my old rep buddies sent me a famous make ski jacket, my color and size, all the bells and whistles. It's a second, damned if I can find a flaw. Cost me fifty bucks. Matching pants to follow. As if I needed ANOTHER ski outfit. Can't wait to take it out.

Park City for Sundance. Aspen. Whistler. Sun Valley. Schweitzer and the Canuck areas above the border. That's the plan this year.

they make 5X ski gear?

That was the manufacturing defect.

I love it when you freaks show your jealousy. Now go to the thrift store and find another fifteen year old jacket, Dickless.

I find unused 15-year-old skis (still in good shape after part-time use in 2 seasons), not jackets. My current ski parka was purchased for $30 from a Lands' End spring closeout sale.

Old September 16th 13, 10:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Monday, September 16, 2013 11:58:37 AM UTC-5, twobuddha wrote:

Now go to the thrift store and find another fifteen year old jacket

Why? My 21-year-old evil fluorescent neon jacket (internationally acclaimed and frequently TR-ed here) is still in near-perfect condition. My ugly 80s red and white jacket -- now a quarter century old -- is perfectly good too, but the matching red bib -- a TOTALLY cool suit for 1988 -- died a slow death from a thousand small ski-edge cuts.

Next time I ski, maybe I'll pump some tourist dollars into the ski town, but only if they have something bright-colored. I don't need any 350-lb terminal low-intermediate cannot-turn groomer-plowing lardass touron to run me down because it can't see me 200 yards down-slope and can't crash in time.

Anyway, certain people on this list seem to have made a good living by selling 15-year-old ski wear from the thrift store. If only they could find a working washing machine from the thrift store, too.

Find me on Facebook -- there's a picture of the neon jacket on one of my FB pages where I'm skiing Texas -- and watch for it on the slopes when I say I'm out and about.
Old September 17th 13, 05:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 09/16/2013 03:23 PM, wrote:

On Monday, September 16, 2013 11:58:37 AM UTC-5, twobuddha wrote:

Now go to the thrift store and find another fifteen year old
jacket

Yard sales. $5 for Burton, North Face, Columbia, etc. jackets with LOTS
of pockets. Pants same, fewer pockets. I'm really glad that some people
like to buy new stuff every year. I should ebay the stuff I don't want
any more and pay for my lift tickets for the next few years.

White isn't a good color for a ski jacket. Replacement is two-tone
gray/black -- awfully conservative, but more noticeable than white. Or
maybe the blue one -- fits better, but fewer pockets. The black one is
strange. It has a zip-in liner, but the only way it zips in makes three
otherwise really useful pockets inaccessible without taking the jacket
off. Stupid design, which is perhaps why the original owner sold it
without using it. I could probably re-do the zipper, but that's a lot of
work...

Why? My 21-year-old evil fluorescent neon jacket (internationally
acclaimed and frequently TR-ed here) is still in near-perfect
condition.

I really want a neon orange or green jacket. I saw some guys last year
wearing exactly what I wanted, and I would have been happy to trade on
the spot but I couldn't imagine them wanting white jackets even if mine
was more expensive than theirs. Just wait. Eventually I'll be happy.
I have patience.

My ugly 80s red and white jacket -- now a quarter century
old -- is perfectly good too, but the matching red bib -- a TOTALLY
cool suit for 1988 -- died a slow death from a thousand small
ski-edge cuts.

My near-virgin+genuine new bindings due to recall were $3 (plus two
trips to Sport Chalet) and are the exact same model that Polly wore to
her wedding with Andrew. Class, huh?

Next time I ski, maybe I'll pump some tourist dollars into the ski
town, but only if they have something bright-colored. I don't need
any 350-lb terminal low-intermediate cannot-turn groomer-plowing
lardass touron to run me down because it can't see me 200 yards
down-slope and can't crash in time.

That's how I felt about motorcycle garb too. Whoever hits me is NOT
going to be able to say he didn't see me!

Curiously enough, I don't see a lot of Clydesdale skiers/boarders. Big
guys certainly, but not fat. As long as there's a lift skiing seems like
a sport where extra weight isn't that big a disadvantage.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Parasites plus suckers do not add up to a community."
Old September 18th 13, 04:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 10:41:57 -0700 (PDT), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

I find unused 15-year-old skis (still in good shape after part-time
use in 2 seasons), not jackets. My current ski parka was
purchased for $30 from a Lands' End spring closeout sale.

I buy a new ski jacket every time I go skiing. When I'm done I donate
it to the Salvation Army.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old September 18th 13, 04:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 22:37:31 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

White isn't a good color for a ski jacket. Replacement is two-tone
gray/black -- awfully conservative, but more noticeable than white. Or
maybe the blue one -- fits better, but fewer pockets. The black one is
strange. It has a zip-in liner, but the only way it zips in makes three
otherwise really useful pockets inaccessible without taking the jacket
off. Stupid design, which is perhaps why the original owner sold it
without using it. I could probably re-do the zipper, but that's a lot of
work...

Pockets are important. You need one for your whiskey flask and
another for your rum flask. You need another for those unimportant
things like ID, keys, cell phone and credit cards. And you need a
hidden pocket for your emergency rum flask.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old September 18th 13, 05:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

wrote this crap:

White isn't a good color for a ski jacket. Replacement is two-tone

gray/black -- awfully conservative, but more noticeable than white. Or

maybe the blue one -- fits better, but fewer pockets. The black one is

strange. It has a zip-in liner, but the only way it zips in makes three

otherwise really useful pockets inaccessible without taking the jacket

off. Stupid design, which is perhaps why the original owner sold it

without using it. I could probably re-do the zipper, but that's a lot of

work...

Pockets are important. You need one for your whiskey flask and

another for your rum flask. You need another for those unimportant

things like ID, keys, cell phone and credit cards. And you need a

hidden pocket for your emergency rum flask.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.

When I bought the Lands' end jacket, I thought I was purchasing a raincoat. I was surprised to learn that it is a perfectly good ski parka, with lots of zipped pockets, an adjustable waist cuff, a hideable hood, a lift-ticket attachment point, and one outside and two inside pockets just perfect for ski passes.
Old September 18th 13, 07:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

[...]

NO pocket for your whiskey flask?
NO hidden pocket for your emergency rum flask? That is diabolical.
Return it immediately and ask for a refund. Gentleman skiers should
have the best apparel available. We are not skiboarders. This is
shocking, shocking I say.

If you're reading this, I know what you are thinking.