Another fine day on the slopes

Old March 1st 06, 11:27 PM

Default Another fine day on the slopes

Haven't mentioned it in awhile, but the fine days just keep on rolling -
silly talk about conditions shouldn't discourage any skier - it's all
good.

Freshies today; heavy but eminently skiable. More to come, shortly, and
it should be colder and lighter. Forecast talks of feet (multiple) but
it matters little; just go out and ski whatever's around taking each day
as it comes. Carpe Skium.
Old March 2nd 06, 02:56 PM

lal_truckee wrote:
Haven't mentioned it in awhile, but the fine days just keep on rolling -
silly talk about conditions shouldn't discourage any skier - it's all
good.

Freshies today; heavy but eminently skiable. More to come, shortly, and
it should be colder and lighter. Forecast talks of feet (multiple) but
it matters little; just go out and ski whatever's around taking each day
as it comes. Carpe Skium.

I'm not skiing today. It's been mid-70s for a week, at least. Had a
little cloudburst come through yesterday as we were laying on the
beach. And the vertical isn't really worth it. I guess you can make do
though. These guys came through right by the house a couple days ago.

http://www.xmission.com/~klaus/tci022006/kites.JPG

So today we're taking out the yacht. Later, we might fly to Puerto
Rico for dinner in Old San Jaun.

Gotta go. I'm out of champagne and need to refill. And my clock says
10 AM.

Yah mon.
-klaus

Old March 2nd 06, 09:42 PM

klaus wrote:
I'm not skiing today. It's been mid-70s for a week, at least.

Yikes, thats too damn hot. We had some mid 70's come thru Denver
early in the week. I just am not in the mood for summer yet. But
today is psuedo Friday, so it is off to Loveland tomorrow. Highs
there are predicted to be upper 30's. Hot!

Sam "I ski Loveland" Seiber