BD cheat sheets

Old September 30th 03, 02:54 AM
BobT

Default BD cheat sheets

Anyone have any experience using Black Diamond cheat sheets with their
skins?

BobT

Old September 30th 03, 02:44 PM

Old September 30th 03, 03:16 PM
Tommy T.

bbense wrote
The other place where they might be useful is if you are
coordinated enough[2] to put on your skins without taking your
skis off, they might make that a lot easier.

Is this actually possible? I can't imagine the physical maneuver required
to do this. Please describe.

Tommy T.

Old September 30th 03, 04:58 PM
allen

"Tommy T." wrote in message

bbense wrote
The other place where they might be useful is if you are
coordinated enough[2] to put on your skins without taking your
skis off, they might make that a lot easier.

Is this actually possible? I can't imagine the physical maneuver required
to do this. Please describe.

Tommy T.

Kick the tip up in front (reach out and pull the ski tip back towards you if
you need to). Attach tip device. Rotate hip/leg outwards, kind of like doing
a side kick and slide your hand back along the skin and base of the ski-
centering the skin along the base as you go-until you get to the tail. By
the time I get to the tail I'm pulling the back of the ski towards my body.
Attach tail clip. If the skins didn't get nicely centered I can adjust the
back half while the tail is up behind me, or kick the tip back up and adjust
the front half.

Its easy with a bit of practice and reasonable flexibility. Plus-falling
over in the attempt provides a nice comic diversion for the rest of your
party.

I think that BD is providing cheat sheets with their skins this year with
the idea that their use will prolong glue life.

Old September 30th 03, 05:14 PM
John Red-Horse

In article ,
wrote:

Is this actually possible? I can't imagine the physical maneuver required
to do this. Please describe.

http://www.earnyourturns.com/Article...ding_skins.htm

cheers,
john
Old October 1st 03, 03:10 AM
BobT

If you're skiing where it's really cold
and you have trouble getting the skins apart, I think they
might be useful.

_ Booker C. Bense

The latest BD catalog says:

"the part of the skin that degrades the fastest is the adhesive glue. The
glue degrades not due to use, but due to constantly sticking the skins
together and pulling them apart. This season we have included a synthetic
mesh "Cheat Sheet" with all BD skins to preserve glue quality and to make
you skins easier to separate."

I haven't viewed pulling my skins apart as much of a problem. Do you think
there is anything to the claim of prolonging glue life?

BobT

Old October 1st 03, 07:20 PM