West Virginia Skiing

Old October 7th 13, 03:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
StephenB

Default West Virginia Skiing

MG wrote:

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message

On Monday, September 30, 2013 10:35:25 PM UTC-4, StephenB wrote:

Does anyone have experience with these hills? What would I be in for, or
should I insist on them coming up north?

You should insist on them moving to Colorado or Utah. *Kidding*!

I wish I could

If you're not a trained instructor, friends teaching friends doesn't
always work out, but it's probably not as bad as teaching significant
others.

I have done both, but always recommend and push real lessons. I look at
what I do as reinforcement and fine tuning mainly for the rest of the
ski day.

I'd consider having them come up, since then you'd know the hill better
yourself, and be able to guide them better. I think Valley Run at
Waterville is a great place for beginners. That's where I took my first
real runs, and I had a blast.

Dave

I've skied both those places. Winterplace might be a good place to
learn, but I was bored after an hour or so. Snowshoe has a few good
runs, but most of the advertised 1500 foot vertical is on Cupp Run. It
has also gotten quite expensive for what it is. They would enjoy it a
lot more up north, in my opinion.

Sounds like if I do go down it will be winter place. This would be the
first time for one and second time for the other, so might not be a full
day.