Mens Super G results

Old March 11th 05, 01:52 PM
Marty

Default Mens Super G results

"Marty" wrote in message
Very nice Bode and Daron! A tie for 1st!!! On top of putting Bode in a
very good position for the overall, the win also gives Bode the SG Globe

as
Hermann did not have a good day and lost the SG points lead:

http://www.skiracing.com/news/news_d...hp/2349/ALPINE

So now this is starting to sound kind of funny:

"Right now, it's difficult to see him winning it, as much as you'd like to
see it happen," said Mahre in a phone call. "Right now, it's probably not
even 50-50. He probably has less chance of winning this one than even the
last two. His opponent, Benji Raich, is on fire, and Bode is as cold as
ice."

http://www.skiracing.com/news/news_d.../newsArticles/

Was Phil trying to motivate Bode? That is what I thought when I first read
it. Sometimes people respond better to being told that they can't or won't
be able to do something. I think Bode is one of those types of people.
--
Marty

Old March 11th 05, 04:54 PM
Marty

"Marty" wrote in message
Very nice Bode and Daron! A tie for 1st!!! On top of putting Bode in a
very good position for the overall, the win also gives Bode the SG Globe

as
Hermann did not have a good day and lost the SG points lead:

http://www.skiracing.com/news/news_d...hp/2349/ALPINE

Nice slide show he
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...s_sp/mdf891068
--
Marty

Old March 11th 05, 04:58 PM
Chester Bullock

Marty wrote:

Nice slide show he
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...s_sp/mdf891068

I'd love to have that baseball. Probably out of my budget though...

Old March 11th 05, 08:50 PM
Mary Malmros

Marty wrote:

"Marty" wrote in message

Very nice Bode and Daron! A tie for 1st!!! On top of putting Bode in a
very good position for the overall, the win also gives Bode the SG Globe

as

Hermann did not have a good day and lost the SG points lead:

http://www.skiracing.com/news/news_d...hp/2349/ALPINE

So now this is starting to sound kind of funny:

"Right now, it's difficult to see him winning it, as much as you'd like to
see it happen," said Mahre in a phone call. "Right now, it's probably not
even 50-50. He probably has less chance of winning this one than even the
last two. His opponent, Benji Raich, is on fire, and Bode is as cold as
ice."

I could sort of see Mahre's point when he said that. It wasn't just
where the two were standing relative to one another, it was the
momentum, and Bode didn't have a huge amount at that moment. But I
don't think he's a hot streaker/cold streaker type.

Was Phil trying to motivate Bode? That is what I thought when I first read
it. Sometimes people respond better to being told that they can't or won't
be able to do something. I think Bode is one of those types of people.

To a degree, but I also see him as the kind of person who doesn't feel
the need to prove what's obvious -- and to him, it would have been
braindead obvious that he had more than a 50-50 chance to win, so...

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old March 11th 05, 10:25 PM
Marty

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message
Marty wrote:

"Marty" wrote in message

[...]

Hi Mary,

You've got some background at Eldora - right? My family and I are moving to
the Longmont area because I took a job there. Eldora is the closest ski
area to where we'll be living. Coming from MN, Eldo will be
way-more-than-excellent-enough for our "home" ski area. What, if any,
inside ski racing info can you share with me regarding Eldora? I'm mainly
interested in Jr. Race (maybe J5 and J4), Masters or beer league, and
coaching at the Jr. Race level, which is what I've been doing for the last
10+ years. Basically, I'd like to continue where I left off here in MN next
season at our new home. I've made some contacts through the EMSC web site,
but if I have more contacts, that'd be even better.

Thanks!
--
Marty

Old March 15th 05, 11:19 AM
Mary Malmros

Marty wrote:

[snip]
Hi Mary,

You've got some background at Eldora - right? My family and I are moving to
the Longmont area because I took a job there. Eldora is the closest ski
area to where we'll be living. Coming from MN, Eldo will be
way-more-than-excellent-enough for our "home" ski area. What, if any,
inside ski racing info can you share with me regarding Eldora?

I crafted a reply to this that, I think, got et. Anyway. I'm on my way
out to CO this afternoon and will probably be up at Eldo tomorrow --
I'll talk to my bro about who are the people to talk to about coaching
positions. It's a good place for it -- they've got very active junior
and masters programs, a nice training setup (one dedicated poma-served
slope with room for three lanes), and they get good access to trails for
full-length training too.