Stomp mat

Old November 28th 03, 08:49 AM
Switters

Default Stomp mat

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:45:07 GMT, "Steve A." allegedly
wrote:

Thanks for all your input. I suspected it was for something like
this. Now I just have to decide if I want to deface my sweet new
board with the mat....

Get a clear one. I used sticky dots on my Donek, not wanting to spoil the
topsheet. On my Canyon, I used something black and very opaque to try and
cover up the graphics :0)

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/

Old November 28th 03, 02:31 PM
Steve A.

Great idea, that is what I will do. I have a new Burton Baron and don't
want to smack an ugly black mat on it. The clear one's sound like the best
option since I think the mat will in fact be useful.

NICE

####

Old December 1st 03, 08:43 AM
Switters

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 14:28:15 GMT, "james sturgeon"
allegedly wrote:

there is loads of stop mats about, what is the best type to get.

One that sticks. It's a stomp pad, not a precision piece of engineering
:-)

If the raised bits are too close together they'll clog up with snow.
Personally I prefer the dots so I can make my own pattern and spread them
out to the area that I want. But I've used the freebie ones that you get
in with some bindings.

Old December 1st 03, 05:53 PM
Jason Watkins

Great idea, that is what I will do. I have a new Burton Baron and don't
want to smack an ugly black mat on it. The clear one's sound like the best
option since I think the mat will in fact be useful.

The glue on most of these is not exactly permanant either. So if you
find you don't need it or don't like it, chances are a little time
with a hair dryer will remove it.
Old December 2nd 03, 03:31 AM
Brian

"james sturgeon" wrote in message
there is loads of stop mats about, what is the best type to get.

Take your boot to the snowboard shop and step on different stomp pads in it.
The one on which your particular boot slips the least is the best type to
get.

Brian.