women: burnin luv or scream experience?

Old January 10th 05, 03:00 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

Default women: burnin luv or scream experience?

Any thoughts on the K2 "burnin luv" or the Salomon women's Scream?

I'm wondering if the K2 will be too stiff for me, but a shop on the way to the
mountain has them available for rental. They say they're too demanding for
beginner skiers, so they might have demos at the end of the year that won't be
terribly worn.

The same shop guy said he strongly recommended that I check out the women's
Scream. He said that women love the thing. He also said he points a lot of
"type 1" skiers to them. My ego didn't exactly appreciate that, but that's
not the point, right? Then again, I'm looking at the fatness of these things
(75mm) and thinking, jeez, these are awfully fat. I tried the Rossi B2s and
felt like I couldn't turn them. Granted, though, the B2s cut through crud
much more happily than do my current, wasp-waisted skis.

The guy at the Steamboat mid-mountain demo place helped me figure out what I
want. It's true that I want to do everything, but his question ("Are you a
powderhound? Do you chase storms or just go when you want to go?") helped me
put things in perspective. I don't chase storms. I often ski at A-Basin.
I'm on hardpack or moguls far more often than I'm in powder. Based on that,
he said the K2 one luv would be better for me than the B2s. Again, opinions?

Yes, I'm overanalyzing. Also, a friend pointed out how damaged the bases and
edges of my current skis are. I'm getting them fixed up this week, and after
the repairs, I may like them a lot better than I do right now.

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old January 12th 05, 01:48 AM
Let Mikey Ski It!

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

This has to be the best worded message subject I have ever read. My mind
went elsewhere from where you intended.

Well done.

Mike...

--
Littleton, Colorado (reply to msaemisch at yahoo dot com)
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us

Old January 12th 05, 02:08 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-12, Let Mikey Ski It! penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

This has to be the best worded message subject I have ever read. My mind
went elsewhere from where you intended.

Well done.

Mike...

The funny part, to me, is that it was absolutely unintentional. It didn't
even occur to me until your post just now.

I'd definitely choose the scream. Burnin luv sounds like something that needs
to be medicated.

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old January 12th 05, 02:58 PM
lal_truckee

Let Mikey Ski It! wrote:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

This has to be the best worded message subject I have ever read. My mind
went elsewhere from where you intended.

Well done.

I remember burning luv - part of the 60s experience IIRC.

Old January 12th 05, 04:27 PM
MattB

On 2005-01-12, Let Mikey Ski It! penned:

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

This has to be the best worded message subject I have ever read. My mind
went elsewhere from where you intended.

Well done.

Mike...

The funny part, to me, is that it was absolutely unintentional. It didn't
even occur to me until your post just now.

I'd definitely choose the scream. Burnin luv sounds like something that needs
to be medicated.

Really? I figured you were being clever. It got my attention too!
I hear that Goldbond powder is good if you've got burnin' luv...

Matt

Old January 12th 05, 05:15 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-12, MattB penned:

Really? I figured you were being clever. It got my attention too! I hear
that Goldbond powder is good if you've got burnin' luv...

I must be losing my touch. I honestly saw nothing beyond skis when I typed
the subject line =P

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old January 12th 05, 05:16 PM
bdubya

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:08:40 -0600, "Monique Y. Mudama"

On 2005-01-12, Let Mikey Ski It! penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

This has to be the best worded message subject I have ever read. My mind
went elsewhere from where you intended.

Well done.

Mike...

The funny part, to me, is that it was absolutely unintentional. It didn't
even occur to me until your post just now.

I'd definitely choose the scream. Burnin luv sounds like something that needs
to be medicated.

Especially if it's "too stiff for you". And besides, who _wouldn't_
love the women's Scream?

bw