Early 03-04 Ski Deals?

Old November 3rd 03, 05:25 PM
Spider

Default Early 03-04 Ski Deals?

My wife and I plan an early season ski trip this year to the Rockies,
probably UT or WY starting 13 December. Any suggestions on good deals
for accomodations, lift tix, etc? We're looking for like 4000' drop
with 6000' base - something like that. She's basically a green skiier-
I'm a green snowboarder and a black diamond skiier.

We're not that choosy on the room itself, but of course nicer is
better! There is one thing she can't live without- a nice big outdoor
hottub with a mountain view.. Preferably open all night FOr a
Florida couple- THAT'S as EXOTIC as it gets!

Last year we did Park City UT this same week for $50 a night, and it
included 2 lift tix at any of the 3 resorts, a kitchenette, and a
heated pool and hottub, and walking distance to PCMR. So I guess
that's my baseline, which not surprizingly I'm having a hard matching
this year. PC also had many buy-1 get-1 meals that week so easting was
also inexpensive.

Park City Chamber isn't offering any worthwhile specials really this
year (they have a ski-free on the day you arrive, but after flying in
the east coast and getting a car and gear etc, its doubtful there
would be much time left to ski that day!)..

So we're open to suggestions.. Right now I'm starting to work with the
Jackson Hole Central Reservations people to see what they can arrange,
and although its more than last year they still seem to have a nice
competitive package. Not having skiied at JH however, I'm not sure
what to expect. Any experienced JH skiiers - your impressions are
most welcomed. Park City, on the other hand, I KNOW I'm going to love
evey minute on the slopes, no doubt there. Its so beautiful there that
even STANDING STILL I just love to LOOK at the vistas!

One person suggested priceline? We've never used that but I suppose
its a possibility.

Any advice is appreciated.

Old November 4th 03, 12:58 AM
John

(Spider) wrote in message om...
[...]

Just so you know only two resorts in America have vertical drop of
4000. 3000 is a much more reasonable number to expect.
Old November 4th 03, 12:23 PM
Spider

Any advice is appreciated.

Just so you know only two resorts in America have vertical drop of
4000. 3000 is a much more reasonable number to expect.

.... OK I *guess* that's advice, thanks.. Amend to read 3,000'. Thanks!

Old November 4th 03, 05:14 PM
Giles

So we're open to suggestions.. Right now I'm starting to work with the
Jackson Hole Central Reservations people to see what they can arrange,
and although its more than last year they still seem to have a nice
competitive package. Not having skiied at JH however, I'm not sure
what to expect

JH is a wonderful place, and I plan to go back there. You probably
already know that the town and the ski area are widely separated. To
give you an idea of the ambience, I think that the only person I saw
there wearing a fur coat looked like he'd killed it himself.

Having said that, you might look at
http://www.snow.com/info/specials1.asp where there are some 2-for-1
specials (accomodation and lifts) for Vail, Beaver Creek,
Breckenridge, Kestone and Heavenly that run until December 20th. The
prices seem reasonable enough that I booked for my first trip this
year.

Giles Morris
Old November 4th 03, 11:23 PM
Spider

(Giles) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Thank-You both for the details. JH was actually what we were looking
at. It seems to have a few drawbacks- the distance to the slopes as
you mention, and the difficulty getting flights (3 hops from FLA both
ways!)..

Giles this is a very interesting.. I'm off to look at those options.
Interesting story on the furs haha! Sounds like our kind of crowd

Regards,
Old November 25th 03, 05:10 AM

Check out Steamboat Colorado, they sometimes have early season deals
with ski in/out and hottubs. Your lady might not dig Jackson if she
is a lower intermediate or below. Usually good coverage by mid
december but keep an eye on where the snow is. Have fun.
Old November 25th 03, 02:55 PM
Dave W

Spider-
you will love Jackson if they get some decent snow - it is an
incredible place - put away the snowboard and hop on the tram with
your skis. Wait a week to make your reservations - things get cheap
after December 1 usually.

Dave W