Boot liner packing in, heel lifting in boots.

Old December 23rd 04, 01:21 AM
David

Default Boot liner packing in, heel lifting in boots.

My last year's Nitro Team boots seem to fit really well. At least at first.

By the time I've walked from the car to buy lift tickets, I typically
have some heel lift. I'll usually take a run or two before removing the
boots, tightening up the liner, then cranking down the laces. Then
later in the day they will be loosening again.

The lace up for the liners is attached to the boot, except for the
final "eyelet" which is on the liner itself. I had them thermo-fitted
when new, and I had to redo the thermofit for one boot this season
because the padding crept in the offseason, and I didn't have enough
room in the toebox.

Is there another liner that would be better to use in these? A different brand is
fine if it fits.

I've considered wearing a hard heel cup. Haven't bought one
yet, but it seems like a reasonable approach: If my heel & ankle
weren't so skinny, I don't think this would occur.

If you've had this problem, how have you solved it?

Is there a boot that works well for people who commonly experience
heel-lift?

Old December 24th 04, 08:23 PM
lonerider

David wrote:
The lace up for the liners is attached to the boot, except for the
final "eyelet" which is on the liner itself. I had them

thermo-fitted
when new, and I had to redo the thermofit for one boot this season
because the padding crept in the offseason, and I didn't have enough
room in the toebox.

Is there another liner that would be better to use in these? A

different brand is
fine if it fits.

Hi, I've had similar problems to you since I have skinny ankle/calves.
I've been searching a lot for good boot that fits me well. I ended up
with the ThirtyTwo Forecasts which I like. Their key thing is that they
come with Intuition liners, which have a much better heat-moldabable
foam that more regular liners (they are also completely moldable where
most liners only have little patches of foam in the tongue and ankle
sections). You can buy Intuition liners at www.yyzcanuck.com. I believe
Dmitri here did that also to stop heel lift and really like the
results.

I've considered wearing a hard heel cup. Haven't bought one
yet, but it seems like a reasonable approach: If my heel & ankle

Maybe you could try these (I've been tempted to get them myself
occasionally, but my heel lift problem are mostly fixed by the new
liners)

http://www.sportsbasement.com/jump.j...emType=PRODUCT

If you've had this problem, how have you solved it?

Is there a boot that works well for people who commonly experience
heel-lift?

Some people really like the Salomon Malamute boots becaues they are a
ankle strap built into the liner. I found the liner packs out too
quickly and becomes too roomy for a person with narrow feet and toes.
Good luck!
--Arvin

Old December 24th 04, 11:53 PM
David

"lonerider" wrote in message oups.com...

sections). You can buy Intuition liners at www.yyzcanuck.com. I believe
Dmitri here did that also to stop heel lift and really like the
results.

I'll check into that further, or maybe see if I can find 32 boots (with Intuition liners) locally.

I've considered wearing a hard heel cup. Haven't bought one
yet, but it seems like a reasonable approach: If my heel & ankle

Maybe you could try these (I've been tempted to get them myself
occasionally, but my heel lift problem are mostly fixed by the new
liners)

http://www.sportsbasement.com/jump.j...emType=PRODUCT

Looks interesting. I couldn't quite figure out what it does (ankle strap that
attaches to inside of boot?), and couldn't find it on Dakine's site at all.
I might phone them next week.

Thanks for the great tips, and merry xmas!

David