Cheapest skiwear UK

Old January 15th 04, 05:08 PM
John

Default Cheapest skiwear UK

I'm trying skiing for the first time this year.

I need thermal underwear, goggles etc.
Where are the lowest UK prices to be found for these items in the UK ?
(Anyone know of wholesale suppliers ?)

Will be taking a beginners ski package so ski's wont be needed.. just the
clothing.

While I'm here may be someone could advise on a beginners 7 day package
including equipment hire etc. Can fly from Gatwick, Heathrow, Stanstead.
Hotel accommodation. Half board Any resort suitable for beginning skiers.
Have been told that Sweden is good and prices also good.

Thanks
Croydon, Surrey

Old January 16th 04, 10:24 PM
Séan

"John" wrote in message
I'm trying skiing for the first time this year.

I need thermal underwear, goggles etc.
Where are the lowest UK prices to be found for these items in the UK ?
(Anyone know of wholesale suppliers ?)

Will be taking a beginners ski package so ski's wont be needed.. just the
clothing.

While I'm here may be someone could advise on a beginners 7 day package
including equipment hire etc. Can fly from Gatwick, Heathrow, Stanstead.
Hotel accommodation. Half board Any resort suitable for beginning

skiers.
Have been told that Sweden is good and prices also good.

Thanks
Croydon, Surrey

Cheapest skiwear ...Mmmm

Try Decathlons(There's one in Surrey Quays) http://www.decathlon.co.uk
Marks & Spencer do a range called 'View From', its quality but much cheaper
than branded
There's http://www.tchibo.co.uk

Thats a start, oh and there's Ebay...

Damo

Old January 22nd 04, 12:31 PM
David Brown :o\)

"John" wrote in message
While I'm here may be someone could
advise on a beginners 7 day package
including equipment hire etc. Can fly
from Gatwick, Heathrow, Stanstead.
Hotel accommodation. Half board
Any resort suitable for beginning skiers.

Consider Soldeu, Andorra. Lessons there are fantastic, especially for the
English speaker, and it's cheap.
I'm off on Sunday to Pas de la Casa [#1], which is costing me £239 from
Stansted including flights transfers and half board accomodation. Lift pass
is between £85 and £100 depending whether you want local or whole of new
GrandValira region and lessons are around £70 for 15 hours but groups can be
quite large.
Also it's a tax free pricipality, so you could buy your gear over there.

[#1] PdlC is aimed more at intermediates and boarders, so go for Soldeu
unless you want the Ibizaesque night life.
--
David Brown )
http://kitemap.co.uk/stack