Teleboarding

Old May 8th 10, 03:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

Default Teleboarding

"taichiskiing" wrote in message
On May 7, 7:32 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:
On May 7, 12:08 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message

I wasn't discussing "carved" turns. I was discussing "steered" turns.
Carved
turns are a different animal altogether. Carved turns involve putting
the
ski on it's edge and letting the ski run straight from tip to tail,
using
the natural turning radius of the ski. They are extremely stable turn
because centrifigal force pins the skier toward the base of support,
and the
skier uses balance in the "vertical" plane of his body even tho it
may not
be oriented verically due to inclination. They are limited in their
turning
radius and do become unstable at slower speeds. It's a lot like a
very steep
turn in an airplane, very little yaw control or pivotting about the
vertical
axies ie. no rudder used.

Yes on what you say, I do carved turns as well; I just don't like the
"jerky" feeling of the tipping, so I don't do it as much.

It there's a "jerky" feeling...

...you're doing it wrong.

Ten years ago, I came to RSA to seek high level skiing techniques and
knowledge, and maybe get to know some of skiing enthusiasts/fanatic to
make friends and/or to make a few runs together... After ten years
being bashed, "I came, I saw, and I conquered"; you gappers are just
that, gappers, nothing else.

I think it's the relative anonymity of the internet, insecure egos and the
desire to say things we wouldn't normally say F2F that lends itself to
degenerating threads.
I just ignore that and don't respond to it

Lets keep the discussions going man! Maybe we'll get something out of it. I
already have.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia

Old May 8th 10, 05:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

taichiskiing wrote:
On May 7, 12:08 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
[...]

Unfortunately, IS isn't very good at making sense. You are doing a bit better
than most at not triggering his verbal spasms. Just don't challenge anything he
says, or you are likely to become just another "gapper". I tried emailing you
offline to suggest something similar, but couldn't reach you directly.

The first post in this thread was a pretty good example of his character. Brag,
challenge, and belittle describes most of his conversations here. I have seen no
one who questions his claims ever succeed in getting better that abuse as a
response. Basically, he is a ego driven "Know-it-all". Good luck though. Maybe
you can have a reasonable conversation with him. I always suspected that he
could be a reasonable person. None of us has ever managed to get him to
demonstrate it in this forum. One or two here have actually met him, and claimed
he was a gentleman in those meetings, but if you look at his history here using
Google Groups, you will see our problem with him.

Old May 8th 10, 06:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

*taichiskiing wrote:
On May 7, 12:08 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
[...]

Geez, I could not agree more. Talk to someone F2F the way the freaks
here write, and you run the risk of serious hospital time. But they
can spew all the crap they want while hiding behind their computers.
Old May 8th 10, 08:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

taichiskiing wrote:
On May 7, 12:08 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
[...]

Sounds like a lot of people in here have problems with a lot of people in
here.

Old May 8th 10, 11:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Stuart wrote:

Sounds like a lot of people in here have problems with a lot of
people in here.

Actually, a lot of people here have problems with two people here, and two
people here have problems with anyone who responds to them. I myself have long
since blocked the worst offender and several of his worst enablers. I still
watch IS, as it is amusing to see people try to reason with him, just like I did
a few times over the years. I haven't seen him remain civil to anyone who
actually tries to discuss his claims. He twists the english language, using
words in ways different than anyone else uses them, then insists that the anyone
correcting him has a "small mind". He twists physics the same way. Then when
anyone tries to correct him - watch out. It is amusing, unlike the other problem
child here, who is just too psycho to even watch.

Both of these guys are laughingly guilty of accusing others of exhibiting the
faults that they themselves display most strongly.

Old May 8th 10, 11:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On May 8, 4:31*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
Stuart wrote:
Sounds like a lot of people in here have problems with a lot of
people in here.

Actually, a lot of people here have problems with two people here, and two
people here have problems with anyone who responds to them.

Translation: anyone who thinks this asshole is a lying freak with no
honor, ethics, or morality. Me.

I myself have long
since blocked the worst offender and several of his worst enablers.

Amazing how being lied about, being defamed, being stalked in real
life, and telling the truth about it makes me an "offender".
Of course, to pathological liars, truth is offensive.

I still
watch IS, as it is amusing to see people try to reason with him, just like I did
a few times over the years. I haven't seen him remain civil to anyone who
actually tries to discuss his claims. He twists the english language, using
words in ways different than anyone else uses them, then insists that the anyone
correcting him has a "small mind". He twists physics the same way. Then when
anyone tries to correct him - watch out. It is amusing, unlike the other problem
child here, who is just too psycho to even watch.

When exposed as a lying piece of **** asshole, call the guy who sees
you correctly a psycho.

Both of these guys are laughingly guilty of accusing others of exhibiting the
faults that they themselves display most strongly.

And this dumb**** is so stupid, so utterly devoid of honesty, so
chicken**** that he goes and does exactly that, and once again, proves
my point for me.
What an idiot!!!!!!!

Old May 9th 10, 02:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 8, 8:32 am, "Stuart" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message

Ten years ago, I came to RSA to seek high level skiing techniques and
knowledge, and maybe get to know some of skiing enthusiasts/fanatic to
make friends and/or to make a few runs together... After ten years
being bashed, "I came, I saw, and I conquered"; you gappers are just
that, gappers, nothing else.

I think it's the relative anonymity of the internet, insecure egos and the
desire to say things we wouldn't normally say F2F that lends itself to
degenerating threads.

How true, nevertheless, don't see their purpose though, they're just
cheating themselves. Guess they cannot really help it; insecure egos
lie to justify their losing reasoning, and a few lies later, they'll
be all but trapped in their own lies, they can no longer tell truths
anymore. Losing one's sanity over a vanity affair on the 'net is
really quite foolish, so I don't see it.

I just ignore that and don't respond to it

I ignore them alright, after ten years reasoning them down to
shameless denials, they have lost all their credibility, their words
no longer matters; only my positive and their negative still in the
realm of Yin and Yang, so I still play with them.

Lets keep the discussions going man! Maybe we'll get something out of it. I
already have.

Of course, thanks for the "civil conversation," and am glad that you
have got something out of it; as I appreciate it, me too, thanks.

IS
Old May 9th 10, 03:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

On May 8, 8:32 am, "Stuart" wrote:
[...]

Say, did you ever do any spin training with your students in the 172? How
did you find it?

Old May 9th 10, 03:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

taichiskiing wrote:

I ignore them alright, ......

Sure you do.

LOL!

Old May 9th 10, 06:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 9, 8:13 am, "Stuart" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message

Of course, thanks for the "civil conversation," and am glad that you
have got something out of it; as I appreciate it, me too, thanks.

IS

Say, did you ever do any spin training with your students in the 172? How
did you find it?

I have done spins in my aerobatic flying, as well as demonstrated it
in my flight instructor test flight, but have not done it with a
student.

Actually, I liked to spin the airplane every once in a while, kind of
fun (and it is the only legal aerobatic maneuver in general aviation),
which took some boredom out of "straight and level" flight.
Nevertheless, when I did solo spin the first time, I was really
scared. It took me at least 30 minutes boring hole in the sky before I
summoned up enough courage to do it, however, after I plunged in and
recovered it, it was all thrill.

I've figured that you must be a pilot too, how's the flying goes in
northern Rockies? Must be very beautiful. Be safe, take care.

IS