gritty glide wax?

Old January 17th 06, 05:43 PM

Rodger,
Last year I bought some Ski Go graphite and C242. The graphite is
formed into big sticks as well as the pink silicone C242. Last year I
visited Ski Go's web site and they claimed C242 was unbeatable in the
right conditions. I last used this wax in the late 80's and I can't
remember my impressions of it. Can you tell me when it works well?
Thanks.
Best,
Douglas

Roger Knight wrote:
Zach-
Thanks for the good words. I meant to do this a long time ago, but
since someone actually asked now is the perfect time. Yes I am now
importing Ski Go wax into the US out of Peak Performance Sports here in
Maine. For years when I was with Swix, my biggest fear was that someone
would bring Ski Go into the US. The reason? I had worked with the US
Ski Team and with waxers like Zach who used the stuff a lot and really
liked it. That was scary to me because contrary to popular belief,
there are way better waxes than some of the ones that are popular here
in the US. When I decided to leave my job at Swix last spring after
Spring Series, I already had an email in to Christer Majback who owns
Ski Go worldwide. He was excited at the prospect of having a US
distributor again, so we made a deal and I'm very excited to be
involved with Ski Go. They are a small company that is great to work
with and I love their wax line. As Zach said, I will tell you what is
good and what is not if you ask(This goes for Swix or any other wax as
well), feel free to contact me. My email is and I
look forward to talking with anyone. Until then, have fun skiing!

Roger Knight

Old January 18th 06, 07:07 AM

Roger Knight wrote:
[...]

The original site for Christer Majbäcks skigo
http://www.ski-go.com/

JAnne G
Old January 24th 06, 06:25 AM

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
But this wax seems very "gritty" when
applying it -- when it melts the sensation under the iron is of a
liquid with some dust or particles in it.

Sorry I couldn't get a chance to respond earlier (I don't get to
read the newsgroup as often as I would like... ski wax is busy
this time of year!)

I spoke with Christer Majback about this last season. In one of
the runs of production some of the graphite in a previous
season wasn't ground as finely as normal.
There is no problem for the ski, iron or wax. The sol'n is to have
the iron at a slightly higher temperature to force the graphite to
melt out. This was corrected for production runs after this.

John: If you'd like to swap it back for some that's more finely
ground let me know. We like to keep skiers happy :-)

Good skiing,
Rodney

p.s. Thanks for the kind words Zach and John.