Utah Area Storm Totals...

Old January 14th 05, 02:39 AM
Hank Sniadoch

Default Utah Area Storm Totals...

FYI, we don't care.
"AstroPax" wrote in message
FYI, since Tuesday night:

- Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton: 3 to 5 feet
- Park City, Deer Valley, The Canyons: 2 to 4 feet
- Snowbasin, Powder Mountain, Sundance, Beaver Mountain: 2 feet

-Astro

---
X Minus Two
http://ski.astropax.com/04-05/index.htm
---

Old January 15th 05, 12:37 AM
lal_truckee

AstroPax wrote:
FYI, since Tuesday night:

- Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton: 3 to 5 feet
- Park City, Deer Valley, The Canyons: 2 to 4 feet
- Snowbasin, Powder Mountain, Sundance, Beaver Mountain: 2 feet

That's moistureless famous YouTaw powder I expect? Trade you 8 feet of
California Cement. Give you a chance to use your ice breaker and snow
shovel instead of the push broom.

At least the Los Angeles reservoirs are full - they won't be stealing
our Nor Cal water until along bout May.

Old January 15th 05, 03:47 AM
pigo

"lal_truckee" wrote in message

That's moistureless famous YouTaw powder I expect? Trade you 8 feet of
California Cement. Give you a chance to use your ice breaker and snow
shovel instead of the push broom.

Last night on the weather one of the local guys was talking about water
content and pending trouble come spring. Specifically as it impacted the
already flood damaged St. George area but also state wide.

The water in the snowpack is the second most ever. The most was in 1983 but
was measured in JUNE! The math isn't hard to do. We're at something over 90%
of that total now. He said that normally he expects 16 to 20" of snow to
produce 1" of water. This most recent storm took 8" of snow to produce 1"of
water.

That's the gist of the story. Some poseur might come along and relate that
the story was from two nights ago or that it's actually 8.25" of snow. Sorry
if I mislead you in that manner, but it's all I got.

The first couple of days of the storm I got some pretty good light powder
but it's thickened up and windblown lately.

The laborers are shovelling the footage out of the house this week. Looks
like I have to go back to work Monday. I hope we can get the roof on before
the next onslaught. They've had to drive themselves lately as I've had the
time off. I'm not holding my breath on the bet though.

pigo

Utah Area Storm Totals... Dick Gozinya Alpine Skiing 1 January 5th 05 03:05 AM
S.W. Utah Aliant Nordic Skiing 15 August 11th 04 10:05 PM
Search Resumes for 3 Utah Snowboarders i n k Snowboarding 0 December 27th 03 05:55 PM
Skiing in Utah BRL Nordic Skiing 5 November 25th 03 06:43 PM
more info on Banff area please Mark Eastman Nordic Skiing 1 November 19th 03 06:06 PM