Need a contact at Lange

Old January 23rd 05, 07:34 PM
Mary Malmros

Default Need a contact at Lange

Okay, here's a good one. I made a deposit a pair of Lange World Cup
130s in September of 2003, and (without getting into details of why)
they sat in the store unclaimed until November of 2004. I finally
claimed them, brought them home, stuck the box under my Christmas tree,
and didn't do anything with them in the intervening time, since most of
my skiing was teaching and I didn't want to be breaking in a new pair of
boots while teaching.

So finally, today, with several hours of NFL football to watch, I
decided to break out the boots and do a little of the wearing of the
boots around the house. So I opened the box and found a pair of Lange
World Cup 130s...and a large pile of mouse turds.

Great.

It looks like at some point between September of 2003 and today, some
mouse, or some family of mice, took up residence in the box, spending at
least some of its time in at least one of the boots, because one of the
boots had a few turds in it. Neither has that awful mouse-peed-in-me
smell, and neither appears to have been shredded for a nest, but I'm
understandably reluctant to just put these things on my feet.

I don't want to take them back to the retailer, who I think was more
than patient in giving these things storage space for over a year (and
who gave me a great deal on them in the first place...plus the boot is
two years old now, fat chance of getting a replacement). So I'm
wondering: can you wash or otherwise clean these things? The liners are
partly made of rigid plastic (part of the uppers) and partly of various
soft synthetic materials. I tried to find an authoritative answer, but
while Lange can apparently make great ski boots, making even a basic
website seems beyond them -- their "Contact - USA" page, which took some
creativity to find in the first place, is completely blank. So, since I
can't get through to the people at Lange, I thought I'd ask
the...um...collective wisdom. Ahy thoughts?

Mouse ****. What next.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old January 24th 05, 05:38 PM

Pull out the bladders and wipe them down with a rag moistened with
dishwashing liquid and water. Might add a wee bit of bleach for
disinfectant abilities.